Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

Cut the old spring perch off and tacked my brackets on last night, still need to cut more out for the lca mount since those need to be about 35" from the outsides of the lower arms. Also ordered brand new 37s :D got a helluva awesome deal on them!

they have good reviews for mud rocks and snow and that's all the northeast has. Has some deep sidewall lugs and it's siped already. It also has pretty good street manners but it's a 37" tire I'm not expecting it to be that awesome on the road.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work and good ideas, but I would think twice about how you are setting the coil bucket/truss up.  I personally would not trust that axle anymore with how much of the housing is cut away from the tubes.  Just my .02, but before you put anymore time, work and money into that I would rethink your setup.  Good luck and keep the updates coming!

Quadratec must've had a 24 hour sale or something and had 37/16.5 and 37/17 both on sale for 150 each so I jumped on that deal! Also I got them in the mail the next day!!! But my iphone4 died so i couldnt post pics so I got a new iphone5 wooo :D I'm driving to Rausch Creek tomorrow and did a couple things to get ready for the weekend, oil change, greased everything and cleaned out the bed and put in my mechanical gauge cluster finally! Changed the oil sending unit and it was good to go! The gas gauge got stuck past full so I hada take it all apart again and then it worked fine :wrench: just a teaser shot ;)

Had a decent weekend at Rausch, didn't break anything and drove home doing 70+ just fine :thumbsup: since Brett broke a d44 joint and bent the ears on his chromoly shafts I'm kinda leaning towards a d60 front now...

Here's some pics from this weekend B)

Crossing rock creek on trail 13a

Made it up crawler ridge in the snow after a few attempts

Having the rear lincoln locked def makes a difference

One of the guys we went with ended up stuck between a rock and a hard place... Hada winch him off the rock and around the tree

It snowed most of the weekend and made some obstacles interesting but we all had fun nonetheless

Cut the old spring perch off and tacked my brackets on last night, still need to cut more out for the lca mount since those need to be about 35" from the outsides of the lower arms. Also ordered brand new 37s :D got a helluva awesome deal on them!

I think you may have cut wayyy to much off there...

NO :( ! They're sitting in my backyard getting bird crap on them! Since Brett broke a 44 joint pretty easily I've been looking for a 60 to build because I want to be confident that I can use my skinny pedal if I have to :D I picked up a 24' length of 2x6x3/16 at work today to make rock sliders and cut them on the fancy bandsaw. Just needa make templates for my front to mid frame stiffys and cut it out of my 1/8" sheet.

• 3 weeks later...

Axle situation is figured out, got another 44 housing and traded my 60 for another Full Float smooth bottom 60 with the larger spindles big enough for 35 spline shafts :thumbsup: Also I cut out my rockers and cab corners... As much as I didn't want to cut the cab I did it and welded up my 2x6x3/16 box tube in and primed it. I plan on painting the sliders and up to the first body line either hammered black or just flat black. Today I took apart the whole steering column to tighten those freakin torx bolts for the tilt. Pain in the a55! But it's all better now

Also went to the beach the other day, it went from 50 and cloudy out to 74 so threw the soft doors on and went to the beach B)

And I'm posting this just because there's 4 manches :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well my driver side axle seal exploded and hear oil went all over my brakes and I blew a red light the other day.... Took some hardcore searching to get the right bearings and seals. I hate auto part chain stores with a passion even more so now. So here's the new stuff

And here's a sneak peak of the new rim/tire combo :D if only my axles were done so I could mount em. Also my sliders are painted but this is an old pic!

I don't have any close ups on my phone, they didnt even get scratched! ill post some daytime pictures tomorrow :thumbsup:

Awesome, Thats probably my next project for my truck, just use drop box tube from work and cut it on the fancy saws, then take it home and make it all go together!

My rockers and cab corners were in great shape and I was scared to cut them at first but I just got some 2x6x3/16 at work and this is the result. Not hard to do and if you split the other 12 feet of a full length with a friend with a cherokee can do the same :thumbsup: I cut along the pinch seam and welded the box tube to the sheetmetal, after I wash my truck id like to put some paintable silicone over all the welds just incase theres a leaky spot. They're tucked up higher than regular sliders and can be used as a base for a cage after proper structural supports :wrench:

Well since my truck no longer looks nice anymore... after messing up my shoulder pretty bad and my truck, all my friends put together some money and bought me another truck and surprised me with it because I was a little down in the dumps about my baby being crushed. So after I get a little more movement out of my shoulder I can start chopping the roof and straightening some body panels and start on my cage and soft top! And here's all my awesome friends B) once I start making some cage progress ill make some updates

How do you plan on attaching it to the frame??

My plan, as of now, is to use 1.5x1.5x3/16 sq tube, tuck it real close to my rockers since theyre still clean, make some foot plates to bolt to the frame, with some smaller 1x1x1/8 tube as connectors, and where the sliders are under the cab, weld tabs on and bolt through the pinch seam to the sliders. A buddy of mine did that on a built zj, and when he hit a bridge and rolled it ($*1tfaced drunk), the frame was still solid and straight, despite hitting the bridge guard rail head on...toying with your design in my head now though...i like it