Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the 2dr XJ brackets and just welded a few bolts to the floor where the seat fit good, might swap over the MJ brackets from my bench

you definitely want to use the MJ brackets from the bench. I did the same thing in mine and the MJ brackets made a huge difference.

Didn't get many pics but I did stop to take these at some local trails. We had close to 3 feet in some spots but a decent amount of snow melted so we were able to make it through some trails instead of me plowing them like this one haha

Also picked up some 35spline D60 shafts today for 50 bucks and they only have 4k miles on them! Couldn't resist putting the spool on... I did clean them before I put em on my living room carpet... Otherwise my mom would kill me :D

if you are determined you can do it in under a day,

i removed mine and installed it without a jack ( not recomened) ,

make sure you get a torx e-12 socket,

disconect all the lines,

take the 8 bolts out plus the sheet metal screws holding the backing plate on the other side,

lower the rear to clear the x-member studs and slide er back :P

you can do it with the exhaust installed,

just makes it harder on the re-install

Didn't have work today so I washed my truck and cut out the center console enough to slip my CB radio in there. Fits nice and is out of the way. Hopefully selling my Camaro this week so that'll help cover a decent chunk of everything else I'd like to do :driving:

Just placed my order for the D60 disc brake brackets, coil bucket/lca/shock mounts and added a .99¢ ballistic weld on skull because it wouldn't be badass without one. Also ordered a 4x8 sheet of 1/8" to make frame stiffys and I have a 3.5'x 1' sheet of 1/4 to use for gussets and a smaller front axle truss.

Need to install motor mounts, new exhaust manifold and need to buy

Rear 35 spline axle shafts (other ones were wrong length)

Rear hubs

Axle yolks

Tires

Then I can swap my axles!

Was it 3 bolts or 4 to take the shifter off?

You must be getting stoked to throw those axles in.

This september I want to go full width and long armsvon 35s haha

I'm pretty sure it was 5 or 6 sheet metal screws then the 4 bolts for the shifter itself, as for my axles I Think about it everyday haha. don't bother with fullwidths and 35s, thats about the equivalent of stock if not smaller tires an stock axles for ground clearance.

Update: Got my brown dog motor mounts in after work today, works been kicking my butt so I havent been motivated to do it! Also my Pass side MM bolt was put in backwards from the factory as the bolthead is facing the firewall and won't come out unless you remove the oil filter adapter and I wasnt about to do that so I cut the bolt off and got 2 new ones at the hardware store. pics of course... The originals were kinda toast :fs2:

I had to get a metric bolt that was 130mm long and put it in the right way and was able to put the oil filter on fine, yours might've been slightly longer?

Also last night my starter committed suicide and Cherokee_chiefs fell out while he was driving down the highway... Weird indeed. So I cleaned my battery posts and put a new duralast starter in my truck this morning and new fuel filter.

Taking care of this today :thumbsup: gotta notch the cast housing for the coil bucket and the truss I made at work. Out of all the build threads I've read on the forums I browse such as naxja and pirate nobody has really posted measurements and what worked for them. Since Cherokee-chief just put in his front 44 I'm making some tweaks to my measurements for better clearances. The coil buckets have to be 36.5" from center to center and I'll be putting my pinion angle around 7-8° since I have a low pinion 44. The passenger upper at 4.5" from the inside end of the coil bucket to the inside end of the ruffstuff UCA mount makes contact with the oil pan at around 5" of lift so I'll be moving mine to around 4.25" so the UCA and the oil pan don't become close friends.