Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

Washed all the salt off my truck and finally took some pics! Doesn't look half bad B)

here's the artec truss and fel pro diff cover gasket

And the fitment of the new rear window, I spent 5-6 hours tweaking the body as best as I could and its still pretty messed up but it's fully sealed and that's all I really want since the doors will be off from May-August when there's no rain in the forecast :)

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Been working a lot the past couple weeks and its been snowing a decent amount every couple days so haven't done much... A good friend and I picked up a clean running and driving 82 wagoneer for $450 bucks last week! We've have been tinkering on that when we can and I'm picking up a running 01 5.3 LM7 from intake to pan for free today!!!! That's going in my little manche B) ill post up more pics later!

Looking good man. Glad you got her back together. Looking at those pictures makes me glad I got out of the NY winters years ago. Is that block cast or aluminum? I have been on the hunt for a good donor for mine as well. 

RockMJ

Thanks guys! My parents always said to surround yourself with good people and you'll always have a good time, guess they were right! It's an 01 Lm7 so it's a cast block and aluminum heads, I plan on keeping the motor relatively stock besides a mild cam and all that goes with making it a happy setup :) that build will have to wait until this ones "finished" I'm tired of daily driving a half put together truck... I get more weird looks then usual haha

Thanks guys! My parents always said to surround yourself with good people and you'll always have a good time, guess they were right! It's an 01 Lm7 so it's a cast block and aluminum heads, I plan on keeping the motor relatively stock besides a mild cam and all that goes with making it a happy setup :) that build will have to wait until this ones "finished" I'm tired of daily driving a half put together truck... I get more weird looks then usual haha

Don't you get that already?

Driving a comanche?

I get it all the time...I always read people mouthing "look a jeep cherokee, no! That's a jeep truck"

• 2 weeks later...

Working on getting that 5.3 situated in its new home, I still need a 5 or 6 speed tranny and motor mounts before I can do any test fitting B) 

on another note I ordered the 3/4 Ruffstuff hiem steering kit today and washed all the salt off my truck as it was mostly grey and white instead of blue and black... Yuck

Ill post pics when I finally get some real work done 

• 3 weeks later...

Over the past couple weeks I've been building bumpers and other stuff for other people and finally got to finish up my truss for the most part, still didn't weld it to the cast housing because I ran out of oxygen for my oxyacetylene torch lol eventually ill get to that but for now here's pics. Also got a free set of doors and painted them and swapped all my stuff over, finally got my ruffstuff hiem steering in too! Ill put that together tonight :) Also went camping at Montauk last weekend and saw the st pattys day parade... In the parade was the cleanest Comanche I've ever seen :D

At Montauk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks man! Cruising the beach and camping over the weekend is always a good time, regardless of weather. Lately I've just been driving my truck until I finished up my axle earlier this week and slapped it in today, I forgot to pick up the 92+ caliper bolts and can't find my new brake pads I bought a month ago :facepalm: oh well I'll pick up that stuff tomorrow and finish up but I got everything that I could get bolted up and tight and finished my steering and my draglink hits the steering stabilizer mount so Ill chop that off and mount another one somewhere. I feel like I drank more beer then turned wrenches today but I got a lot more than I expected done in 6-7 hours. I even painted everything :thumbsup: I'll post pics tomorrow

• 3 weeks later...

Changed the fluid in my front diff after 600 miles and the gears look to be wearing fine, the oil wasn't too sparkly so that's good too. Got my alignment adjusted perfect and all my wheels balanced so it drives MINT. I had to put another thermostat in last weekend because it wasn't opening in the truck... Slapped another one in and it's good now... Hope to start a cage asap and get some lockers and she'll pretty much been done! Here's some pics since I've been slacking

A couple weekends ago I went up to MaBell and spent the day there with some friends, it's an awesome trail to have access to :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just ordered these new LED headlight bulbs and I'm hoping to have better luck with them then with HIDS like ive had in the past... http://olympusoffroad.3dcartstores.com/Zeus-LED-Headlights_c_75.html So I got bored and bought some paint last weekend. Turned out halfway decent looking. I used Krylon Satin black B)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! Eventually ill throw some fenders on there, it's not illegal in NY but finding a nice set of old style fenders around here is hard. I've been thinking about getting fiberglass fenders like the Hannemann prerunner ones but those are $$$$