Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

Picked up a set of 35" KM2s last week for $100 big ones and got those mounted the other night. Can't get any day time shots because I work from dark to dark :( Also ordered the 4 Pane back window from Teamcherokee on cybermonday :thumbsup: hopefully ill get that soon and can start on my cage and maybe find a 8.8 with 4.10s in it already so I don't have a ticking time bomb of a rear axle! My 44 is on its way out :(

Here's a crappy night pic, painted the whole front end flat black and I think it's growing on me ...

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my back window in from brown Santa yesterday, just in time for it to snow, drove my truck to work yesterday and it drives fine with the 35s a little sluggish but fine. Hopefully swapping my driver side window in today :thumbsup: got some daytime pics finally but it's been crappy out the past few days

Got my Amc20 in and now my truck drives great with the 35s and 4.10s, my brakes still suck but ill account that to my brake booster because i never swapped it with the 96 one, I need my 30 re-geared to 4.10s and ill add some more bracing to it ie. Synergy C gussets and possibly sleeves and start on my cage and rear shock hoops B)

Haha just didn't want you buying the wrong ones. The iro ones are good and at a decent price. Though a design so simple, I'm sure you could make some up easy if you were so inclined.

My thing with those is there's no actual support to the axle. Just between the C. Which in most cases it's fine but if your already going at it, go all out IMO. Make (or buy) a support from the axle tube to the bottom of the C. That way your getting double protection.

Also as far as the sleeves. You know I put synergy in my new 30. Only complaint, I can't run outer axle seals. Solution ( wish I did more research) buy the evo sleeves with the outer seals built in. I can't say on how it holds up but it sure seems legit to me.

Just a thought...

I have the metal to make them and the ability but I'd rather just buy pieces that are that shape already because my free time is limited these days haha the Cs on my current 30 are bent because of jumping and the rollover... I've thought about getting the artec truss but then again it's a 30 and I don't know how long it'll stay under my truck before I get tired of replacing parts on it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too worried about fenders as Ive had other problems lately, such as my brake lights and turn signals going bonkers... Found out my trailer harness was shorting out on my hitch and blowing all my fuses and my flasher relay  :fs1:  fixed that and changed my fuel filter this morning... Also I don't know if its how cold its been lately but it died on me on my way home last night.. just stopping running and wouldnt start again until this morning. Being 1* outside probably doesnt help... Should be picking up my newly rebuilt front axle this week and hopefully swapping it in time for a roadtrip! pics later  . :MJ 1: .

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt get to swap my front axle in time for my snowboarding roadtrip but I definitely love the 4.10s and 35s! I got 335 miles out of my 15.3 gallon tank so that equates to a tad under 22  highway mpg... don't ask me how its getting that but I'm not complaining  :banana:  Still can't decide on what steering to get as the knuckles are already drilled to 5/8" 

any suggestions/ comments on brands would be helpful

Hey i just got the ruff stuff kit and its stout for sure. Several guys run it around here with zero issues. Plus it's for stock knuckles tapped to 5/8. There's a link and pics in my thread. If you can catch a coupon it's well worth it. I paid under 200 when I bought mine with shipping.

Spent all day trying to fit my new CR laurence 4 Pane back window from team cherokee into my truck and it took the better part of my day and I'm not sure its going to be 100% sealed... it doesnt help that my whole cab is twisted and bent but after getting it bent somewhat into shape and welding and grinding all the relief cuts and cracks and cleaning up the window mounting lip, I went to put my old rubber seal onto the new window and guess what... :fs1:  it doesnt fit. It says to reuse your old rubber gasket and the new window is 2" or so taller compared to the factory 4 Pane... So I just used a $#!& ton of silicone to fill in the gaps after putting down the double sided tar they give you and have it wedged in there so it hopefully stays put. I guess ill findout if its fully sealed by sunday because its supposed to rain tomorrow or sunday. Ill post pics tomorrow :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally picked up my axle from getting re-geared to 4.10s and the wear pattern doesnt seem perfect from what I've read and seen pics of but theres a warrenty on it so hopefully its all good. Got my artec truss in the mail the other day and picked up a new diff cover gasket from work today. Hopefully getting steering and maybe a diff cover with my next paycheck B) ill try to get pics of everything tomorrow since I get out of work before the sun goes down for once!