Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mike :cheers:

Here's a pile of parts I've accumulated and have to put in :wrench:

Fan shroud, electric fan, sound bar from a Cherokee,driver side floor pan, 4.88 R&P with bearings for my rear axle and my or fab rear bumper isnt in the pic. Lots of stuff I have to do!

I'm afraid I might bump my head too, I'll get it in there and findout, I was suppose to get a crunched up front fender and cut out that rust and weld it in but I need to locate another fender. Also I have a 2 wheel problem :help: I grew up racing BMX then onto Motocross, so I have quite a few of everything you can imagine haha

• 4 weeks later...

Got a job at a Welding and fab shop jamminz.gif I'm finally making a decent paycheck And ill be bringing home a full width hp44 soon! I'm keeping my eye out for a rear Dana 60 an a set of 37s! I'd like to go with 4.88s or 5.13s whichever I find a good deal on first and a Detroit in the rear, not sure what I want in the front yet. Can't wait!

It has officially begun :wrench: :D after this weekend I'm Gunna move the perches and start buying all the seals and bearings and piecing together 3/4 ton chevy discs for the rear with e-350 calipers.. Then I can start on the front :ack:

Took a 500 mile roundtrip to my other house in the mountains and did some easy trails on my property, not a single hiccup jamminz.gif I cleaned up the d60 and painted it black for now to stop it from rusting, cleaned my interior :ack: ( it needed it really bad ) and had a great weekend 8)

Here's my truck, my uncles 46 cj3a and my dads chopped and caged 62' chevy suburban in the back :thumbsup:

The view from the top of my rock quarry

I'm hoping to have some real updates soon :wrench:

Yeah it's not lol I have too much positive caster, need to bring the pinion up but it'll mess up how my coils sit, it drives fine now but when I put my new axles in I'm Gunna make sure I put the coil buckets on at 0° with the pinion angle setup already, with the suspension cycling it should work well and be a good setup with my 3" stretch up front

• 2 weeks later...

Pick up a set of tires today :yes: they're 38.5/14.5/15s I'm going to use them for mockup and probably end up putting them on my dads trail truck, I really wish they were for a 16-17" rim so I could actually use them with 3/4 ton disc brakes. Oh well I just can't wait until it looks like this!

Finally got my bumper mounts made and got my bumper bolted up! Incase you didn't see it earlier in my thread it's an Or-Fab XJ rear bumper. I think it looks pretty good and should help protect the bed corners :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Been busy building a stubby bumper, made 2 out of some scrap I got at work jamminz.gif

I think I'm going to add a bull bar at some point but I still have to drill the d-ring holes and get some new hardware. I'm happy with how it came out :waving:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:typing: $500!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :fs1:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :wall: :drool: :drool:

Got my rotors cut and new pads on, stops a heck of a lot better than the glazed rotors :roll:

I also Borrowed some 33" old style MTR tires from a friend for my rausch creek trip on Monday! Gotta check all the fluids and I'll be ready 8)

edit: Forgot to mention that I finished my stubby bumper, it came out pretty good for a couple hours work :wrench:

That bumper is looking good bro. I love all the updates, nice to watch the evolution of the truck.

Also, hate to correct you but the old Willys is actually a CJ2A. The split windshield and bow pockets on the side of the tub give it away.

Thanks man! After my trip I should have a few more updates :wrench:

And I don't mind at all, the guy we got it from said it was a cj3a so I just went with it, thanks for the heads up :cheers:

Got back from another roadtrip late last night, this time my truck cruised 700 miles roundtrip with ZERO problems! I also hit 125k miles! I guess she's broken in now :dunno: :yes: Went to Rausch Creek offroad park on Monday and crushed my passenger rocker in the comp course, got an action shot of it being crushed :oops: besides that, no problems whatsoever! Drove back down to Lancaster PA to our hotel Monday night, then back up to Hershey Park Tuesday morning and then the 5.5 hour drive back home. The electric fan really makes a big difference for trails and the beach. I'm really happy with how well my truck performs 8)

I didn't take many pictures so I have to get them from friends and post em up later :fool: