Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bet if you took a slide hammer and weld a bunch of C hooks onto it you could pull it all out :thumbsup:
hopefully next week Ill have it all apart and start the rebuild! I'm on the fence about the 97+ front clip..... I'm definetly getting the JCR DIY front bumper jamminz.gif

I have to agree with automan my dads been a certified about body tech his whole life and from the pictures I see you could easily get parts from a xj for the front end and if ur just wheeling it hammer the cab out enough for it to look decent and wheel the $#!& out of it sorry to hear man

I have to agree with automan my dads been a certified about body tech his whole life and from the pictures I see you could easily get parts from a xj for the front end and if ur just wheeling it hammer the cab out enough for it to look decent and wheel the $#!& out of it sorry to hear man

Ill findout how bad it really is next week, it was my daily driver / weekend wheeler and was 95% dent free :cry: I'm picking up a 90 XJ from a friend as a donor!

• 3 weeks later...

Still haven't picked it up and brought it home, the XJ I was going to pick up as a parts truck got scrapped whole!!! And My insurance doesn't cover collision so it wouldn't of covered anything and my premium would've went up, it went up because of my tickets anyway :roll:

Basically I've been driving a lowered Drag ready Camaro in less than stellar weather which SUCKS! I want my Jeep back! :fs1:

• 3 weeks later...

was driving my camaro to work this morning sitting at a light and start hearing and feeling this really hard knocking.... its high up in the front of the motor so I'm guessing a valve dropped and the piston is hitting it... On the only good side of my week I picked up all the parts needed to get my truck back on the road, got a blue hood, full front clip, rad and rad support for $120 from a new friend! Said new friend also had a MJ for sale and lets just say theres going to be another blue manche on my block!!!! my good friend bought it and lives 2 houses down! can't wait to tear into both trucks

Its a 89 pioneer, 4.0 auto 2wd lwb,theres basically NO RUST on it, has new floor pans and was repainted 2 owners ago! Plans are to have it on 35s ,bob the bed to the length of a shortbed and make it a 5spd 4x4... of course I have pics jamminz.gif

430435_10150665226002959_643942958_11205765_1229159639_n.jpg

here's the new truck on her way home!

395287_10150665239647959_643942958_11205788_160358653_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Brought my truck home today finally! Didn't even unpack my bags just started turning wrenches :wrench:

Here's what the crossmember looked like even after we pulled it out over 2 inches so I could drive up onto the trailer without the fan sitting halfway into the rad still

Quick trailer pic and headed home before there was too much snow to get outta my long driveway :ack:

Straightened it out as best I could tonight, still needs a 1/8 inch in between the radiator mounts, the framerails were pulled in about 1/4 of an inch and now they're almost perfect again according to the measurements taken from my friends Cherokee

Here's how she sits now :roll: need to get a new radiator and mech fan clutch and should be good to put back together and do some nice bodywork with my good ol hammer :peek:

Got some more done today, put the new hood on, new door handle, somewhat straightend the drip rail :roll: and started taking apart the interior to push out some dents but it was getting dark.

I'm thinking while I have the steering box really accessible I might as well put a brace in there?

Got it all back together around 9 last night, still need the headlight trim and a driver side mirror. Oh and a sweet bumper 8) after I pay off my tickets I'm thinking a new radio, floor mats and undercoating the whole truck then I should be good for awhile for the bigger stuff :wrench:

Thanks man! I'm gunna have to leave you some motivating words on your thread :D

Just finished up my order for 5000k HIDs for my headlights. I ordered them from DDMtuning.com, also I should be doing some little things over the next week or so! I won't forget to post pics :wrench:

Do I need ball joints :dunno:

[/quoteW]

When I back up my tires lean in alot, the opposite of what yours are doing. I don't think my BJs are gone yet but close. my tires don't wear irregularly so :hmm:

You will love the HIDs. lots of people hate them. I have DDMs in my silverado and now i plan on putting HIDs in the jeep. they are awesome at night