Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

Id say you are due for bjs or unit bearings? did you ever align your front end? either way its no fun wearing out a good set of tires prematuremly... believe me :oops:

I have the 8ks in my truck. ill probably put those in my jeep. what headlight housings do you have?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After I put the longarms in i did a home alignment and I know it's not the best you can get but it was fine for a while then the pass side started to get some camber, I'm thinking I'm due for ball joints too, might as well change the unit bearings while I'm in there! The front axle never hit anything when I crashed it and it's been wearing weird since before the accident, as I've only put 60-70 miles on my truck since!

Oh yeah I Hit 120k miles today she's officially broken in haha

Some stupid girl flying through a parking lot hit me yesterday :dunno: my 10 day inspection isn't even up yet from when I put my truck back on the road! She hit my tire and dented the rim a little I just bent it back with some pliers and it's still balanced fine, her bumper on her mazda 6 fell off though haha I ziptied it back on for her and after the officer came for the report and let me leave the girls friend/passenger added me on Facebook... :nuts:

Anyway I'm giving my truck a bath and painting some stuff tomorrow :wavey:

Some stupid girl flying through a parking lot hit me yesterday :dunno: my 10 day inspection isn't even up yet from when I put my truck back on the road! She hit my tire and dented the rim a little I just bent it back with some pliers and it's still balanced fine, her bumper on her mazda 6 fell off though haha I ziptied it back on for her and after the officer came for the report and let me leave the girls friend/passenger added me on Facebook... :nuts:

:rotf:

do it up! :brows:

:shake:

do it up! :brows:

:shake:

Haha exactly what I was thinking! :clapping:

Hahah I have a girlfriend who loves my truck already :brows: which is hard to find around these parts! Most girls my age around here like the tuner/expensive car scene. I think the cars are nice and all but I would never own one!

Back on topic! I've been reading some build threads and looking at some of my friends trucks.. pertaining to some nicer axles ;) I feel like a full width 8 lug 44 / full width 60 on 37s would be ideal for me, I haven't broken anything axle wise yet but I don't want to break stuff with 35s and plus 37s are cooler jamminz.gif This of course would be down the road after I save up for it :oops:

Got my truck inspected today, also got the alignment checked.... I have -1.5° of camber on the pass side and -.5° on the driver and way too much toe in on the pass side :roll:

I'm trying to get my truck in tip top shape before march 30th because I'll be off to Rausch Creek offroad park! I have quite the list to take care of :help:

I already greased everything and checked all the fluids

Fix my alignment issues

bolt down the tranny to the crossmember

Make a mount and bolt down the front of my seat because it rusted away into nothing

Things I'd like to do

Make my high lift mount in the bed

Install HIDs

Paint the underside

I have 19 days :peek:

you got plenty of time to do all that! HIDs are not that time consuming, and a hi lift mount shouldnt be too bad. if anything finish painting when you get back! :wrench: glad you got your alignment fixed

It's hard to find time but I'll get it done! I still need to sort out my alignment issues and getthe bigger stuff done asap because what jeep doesn't have issues that take up most of the free time when you have to change a part or add parts :dunno:

It's hard to find time but I'll get it done! I still need to sort out my alignment issues and getthe bigger stuff done asap because what jeep doesn't have issues that take up most of the free time when you have to change a part or add parts :dunno:

i need an alignment too, my steering wheel is literally upside down from where it should be, the truck walks all over the road especially when you hit a puddle, and it pulls to the left :huh???: no me gusta

Pics of highlift jack mounts, they're rear bumper brackets off a XJ and I'm Gunna mount it in the bed over a fenderwell, also got a pic of the mirrors :wrench:

I did have to cut the plastic a little more on the driver side because when I side swiped the tree it bent the inside of the door where the mirror mounts too, but they're fine now 8)

I picked up a set of 97+ mirrors today and put them on and also adjusted my tie rod,, not as bad but I still need an alignment after I get new tie rod ends all around and adjust everything

Slowly but surely!

woah me too! got my mirrors today. installed them today!

I picked up a set of 97+ mirrors today and put them on and also adjusted my tie rod,, not as bad but I still need an alignment after I get new tie rod ends all around and adjust everything

Slowly but surely!

Nice! I'm still getting use to them because they look so much bigger but I like em :thumbsup:

Slowly but surely!

Nice! I'm still getting use to them because they look so much bigger but I like em :thumbsup:

my old ones were so cracked and broken i couldnt see anything out of them, something was broken in the back so they just flopped around in there.

I'm pretty excited.

plus i think they make the truck look really good.