Global Warming My [BLEEP]!

Eagle

It's October 15 -- two weeks BEFORE Halloween. Yesterday morning I scraped ice off my windshield in the morning. Today it was 32 degrees and snowing when I left work at 4:00 p.m., and the ground was white.

I'm into my 7th decade and I can't EVER remember snow actually making on the ground this early in the year. I'm sure the global warming apologists will be along any minute to explain how colder weather than we've ever seen is really a product of global warming.

So how is it that when I was a kid we went trick-or-treating in tee shirts, and now the kids need down parkas under their costumes.

Idjits.

Anytime you want a little heat just come on down. We had high 80's today that I'd have given you in a heartbeat.... :D

You say that now, but I've seen southerners when they come up here to the cold. It's not pretty. :D

Meh, it's getting warmer here. We used to go years where we'd get a frost at least every month... Now, no.

Global warming is no longer the preferred term, they like 'climate change'. If you should be afraid of it or not is another matter; as some climate change is entirely natural. As it sits we're on an artificially accelerated cycle. By a factor of what, I don't know. I'm okay with that, I'm sure my driving habits will get me killed long before the change in climate.

FWIW, I've been to places where the glaciers are retreating... And advancing.

When I was a kid, here in SE MT. we used to get real winters, I mean the snow would be on the ground from Dec. threw Apr. avg. temp about 0 degrees.

Now; when it snows, even in the dead of winter, we're lucky if the snow stays on the ground for a week. I definitely see a change in weather patterns from when I was a kid.

I believe things are changing, I just hope as human beings we'll pull our heads out of our *****, wake up and see how things really are. I know I might not see the total effects of the future before I die, but I feel I owe It to our mother earth, our children and our grandchildren to at least do my part in preserving the future for those who come after us.

How many people actually give much thought that our descendants, are gonna be the ones who have to clean up the mess that we've created? Or do we not care cause we'll be dead and gone?

In my eyes I can't fix it alone, but I try to do my part, be conscious of the choices I make and pray my best for the future,

especially for my childrens future. Peace

i'm enjoying the button pushers freaking out about the lakes here because of the drought.

(GA has been in a drought for 3-4 years)

2 years ago everyone was touting that lake lanier (the major water supply for most of metro atlanta) would never get back to full and it was all downhill from here and that the lake would run dry by jan 1st of the next year...

here it is 2 years later and the lake rose 6.5 feet in ONE MONTH to just over full pool. (has risen 21 feet this year)

and oh yeah, the drought has been officially over for about 6 months

i'm enjoying the button pushers freaking out about the lakes here because of the drought.

(GA has been in a drought for 3-4 years) now the owners of the "2009 Flood"

2 years ago everyone was touting that lake lanier (the major water supply for most of metro atlanta) would never get back to full and it was all downhill from here and that the lake would run dry by jan 1st of the next year... because they are sending it to Florida/Alabama to save mussells

here it is 2 years later and the lake rose 6.5 feet in ONE MONTH to just over full pool. (has risen 21 feet this year) with the "rain" we are supposed to be getting it will go into flood stage along with Allatoona

Anytime you want a little heat just come on down. We had high 80's today that I'd have given you in a heartbeat.... :D

You say that now, but I've seen southerners when they come up here to the cold. It's not pretty. :D

Yeah, but I'm origionally from Ohio.... :D

(GA has been in a drought for 3-4 years) now the owners of the "2009 Flood"

2 years ago everyone was touting that lake lanier (the major water supply for most of metro atlanta) would never get back to full and it was all downhill from here and that the lake would run dry by jan 1st of the next year... because they are sending it to Florida/Alabama to save mussells

here it is 2 years later and the lake rose 6.5 feet in ONE MONTH to just over full pool. (has risen 21 feet this year) with the "rain" we are supposed to be getting it will go into flood stage along with Allatoona

hahaha, thanks. :doh: i missed a few good points there

Yes it has been one "cool" summer here and the heat is already on. But I also remember when we used to get snow all the time around here and never had to sue sun screen in the summer. Now if we get a 6" snow fall it's a storm of the Century and you have to put on sun screen if you are out for the afternoon :(

When I was a kid, here in SE MT. we used to get real winters, I mean the snow would be on the ground from Dec. threw Apr. avg. temp about 0 degrees.

Now; when it snows, even in the dead of winter, we're lucky if the snow stays on the ground for a week. I definitely see a change in weather patterns from when I was a kid.

I believe things are changing, I just hope as human beings we'll pull our heads out of our *****, wake up and see how things really are. I know I might not see the total effects of the future before I die, but I feel I owe It to our mother earth, our children and our grandchildren to at least do my part in preserving the future for those who come after us.

How many people actually give much thought that our descendants, are gonna be the ones who have to clean up the mess that we've created? Or do we not care cause we'll be dead and gone?

In my eyes I can't fix it alone, but I try to do my part, be conscious of the choices I make and pray my best for the future,

especially for my childrens future. Peace

We are the cleanest generation yet, and you beleive we are the problem? Look at your history books and see the amount of pollution created at the turn of the last century and before during the industrial revolution. This problem was started long before any of us came along, its just that we are starting to realize some of the affects. And I agree too that it is a natural phenomenon but at a slightly accelerated pace. We have done more than any other country already to reverse this process, but to think that we as humans are going to stop it, is just foolish. We do need to clean up more, but we also need to realize that we are going to need to adapt as well, because the climate will eventually change, and if we are to survive we need to change with it and deal with it instead of whining about how thing are different than they were 50 years ago.

Indiana had the coldest July on record this year. It has been 20 degrees below normal all of October. Today it was 42 degrees and last year on this date it was 77.

I wish Algore was right. But since he is no longer coding tcpip protocols and setting up static IP routes, global warming is how he makes his living. :mad: We should have kept HIM in a lock box.

RI also had the coldest june on record this year, and during june it also rained 20 days out of the month... hell, we didnt even break into the 80's until end of july/august here and we really only had about 2 weeks of summer weather. i don't think the earth is warming as much as weather patterns are shifting... the midwest is warming up a bit, while the east coast is cooling down.. noone knows what's really happening but there's money to be made so its no holds barred...