360 Fuel Injection Build

Ok well lab report is done

Still trying to catch you up to now.....

Took everything out of the engine bay and primed it and painted it with a single stage polyurethane

While I was at it the valve covers got a coat

Not bad for a beginner painter, I have to say

Rear cross member mount and clearance issue with steering stabilizer.

You are caught up now.

Went and got the rest of the accessories yesterday (alt., starter, and ps pump with bracket)

Working on wiring harness' right now but with Senior year mechanical engineering classes time is getting short, so progress may slow up. I need pin-out diagrams of the bulk head connector for a 94 dodge ram 1500 and a 86 Comanche if anyone has them.

I initially had problems with my steering stabilizer contacting the oil pan on my chevy 350, it also was close when the axle was articulated. I had to use a drop pitman arm, and do alittle re-engineering, just something to look into. Ignore all the mess, it has since been cleaned up :doh:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well Ill upload some of the pics of the progress we made this weekend.

here is where the wiring will lay. Tried to match the 4.0l routing.

l_3fd284af5afb4b7f897193ff107db858.jpg

Completle dissasembled and cleaned the TB.

l_1faa94351f8042179765044d0332fa5d.jpg

Fuse block and Older style innerfender overflow bottle. Sorting out more wires....

l_177dba6113ee41a786955e699add83ee.jpg

Cut large hole for Transfer Case. :)

l_e4d4972eba0f4cf7b37e693863a74a41.jpg

l_eab6793b487049c99fddbddf061f2f67.jpg

92+ washer bottle, and ECM mounted.

l_d4e0ff107d0847378a0ebd76d9605ed8.jpg

also bolted down the valve covers and bent the dip stick tube for transmission to fit. May get locar flexible one later on.

Thanks for posting the pics. jamminz.gif Yes no carb for me...I don't know how to adjust them :ack:

hahaha, noone does, don't worry.

you get it running right in the summer, then it drops 40 degrees and you have to get it running right again.

different story every day lol,

GREAT job so far, real clean build.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well here is an update since the once long ago post.

Still open y pipe, and need fix for EGR tube (prob going to find some flexble tube and make my own)

Here is the radiator and mounts with Taurs fan.

Should be no problem keeping it cool like all the other guys say. Def was not wasting my money on the $500.00+ radiators on the internet. Specifically 98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 two core, currently doing heat transfer analysis at school to verify radiator sizing for fun!!!! Flow once grille is on should be comparable to grand cherokee

Then the junk yard had a 99 cherokee sitting there with a new style dash so I just had to open another BUCKET of worms before one thing was done completely. I've got it installed and pictures to come later. Just need to finish the wiring, which hasnt been to bad due to some friends with Alldata.

uhm...

you kind of NEED that front crossmember that you cut out....

sooo now you need to figure out how to make up for not having it. especially with the power that motor will make...you really don't want to start tweaking the frame, and trust me..while that little sheet metal crossmember may not appear to do much, it IS very structural.

Already got ya JeepcoMJ, i made a new cross member (stronger than the oe) remember I am going to school for mechanical engineering.

Not sure about getting it muddy yet, I'm sure it will see some its a Jeep,

Oh yeah I did put on a 2" spacer in the front to clear the steering, still going to make up some longer rear shackles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

well head gaskets were blown, tore it back down, both heads were cracked. Must happen to alot of magnum engines.

Machine shop wanted 600 for new redesigned castings...didn't want to go that route since its almost worth more that the whole truck.

Place we bought engine and trans from ended up letting us have another used set, ended up being good. so got them resurfaced, valve job and new seals. and all gaskets.

finished the engine compartment (except for the intake) pvc and duck tape doesn't look to professional.

dsc00637.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=455462623848

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=455449713848

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=470603668848