91 MJ DailyDriver

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

98 black TJ 4"susp 1.25" body got 33s... I have the new general grabber tires from the rally truck racing series... Smittybilt rear bumper tire carrier with high lift mounted on...

I go to circle k a lot can't beat those cokes for $.85 haha I rarely see any mjs in this area. There is one that goes to my college (York tech) but haven't seen on forums...

yep, new intake from a 01 Grand Cherokee.(of course its never good enough so I poweder coated it sliver) $25

100_3142.jpg

Made sure I cleaned the ports real good.

100_3144.jpg

100_3143.jpg

Painted the stock exhaust manifold while I was there.

100_3145.jpg

100_3147.jpg

other than re routing some vacuum hoses and a 96+ power steering pump its a direct swap.

power did pick up some, not as much as other has stated because the engine is still stock other than a flow master.

but it could had picked up just from the clean ports since the old intake was pretty gummy. id say 15hp tops

Double diaphragm booster and master cylinder from a 96 Cherokee with 96k miles. $25

picture-007.jpg

picture-009.jpg

reused the stock proportioning block so I could reuses the rear prop valve that has 2 lines.

Braking power is insanely good now. still need to make the adjustable rod for the rear prop valve.

picture-011.jpg

100_3141.jpg

needles to say I love working on/improving my Jeep

Great build. I did the same with the euramtec interior lights, kudos to you or whoever gave me the idea. The engine bay looks awesome. If you want another one to do so you don't lose your touch let me know. I really like red comanches, my first one was blue and my current one is grey, black. If I ever get another mj, I will be looking for a red one.

• 4 years later...

Been a long time since I've updated, here is a recent pic with my new to me topper that I am undecided on color, almost like the color thats on it... 

img_1295.jpeg

Have done a lot since my last post in 2010, 4wd swap with external slave ax15, np231, front axle from WJ with sway bar and kevins trackbar, rustys lower adjustable control arms, jk wheels, 265/70r17 BFG tires. 

still have to get truck painted, Thats staying red for sure 

220k and counting strong... easily getting 18-20 mpg mixed driving even with 4 wheel drive conversion.  

• 1 year later...

well I have finally got my jeep painted. almost feels complete, which it will never be totally, always upgrading and fine tuning.

I work all the time now and have not enough time to do stuff to my jeep and post pictures like I used to.

Let me know what y'all think.    

jeep.jpg

jeep2.jpg

just completed what TV would call a payoff... drove it to Kure Beach to go fishing and use the 4 wheel drive some. took it out on Fort Fisher (south end).

caught some fish, didn't get suck, jeep does great in the sand even with Mich ltx. Had to ditch the bfg rugged terrains ( way to noisy) for my liking being my daily driver vehicle. also had to get full coverage on it to feel safe driving it.  

photo-1.jpg

here are some detailed pictures of how clean it is... for now 

hood-seal.jpg

new cowl seal and cleaned up and waxed cowl.

jeep-door-handle.jpg

newer style handles painted with trim black, new gaskets behind lock cylinders. 

jeep-int5.jpg

waxed door jambs, didn't opt to get painted because the paint was in decent shape. paint match is good with the ppg single stage.

jeep-int1.jpg

cleaned my interior to get all body shop dust out.

well there is most of them. I'm sure thats enough.  Thanks for looking.

well I have finally got my jeep painted. almost feels complete, which it will never be totally, always upgrading and fine tuning.

I work all the time now and have not enough time to do stuff to my jeep and post pictures like I used to.

19922_10154569568288849_8009270267256505

Looks awesome! Great Job. Really like the paint job and bumpers.

• 3 months later...

http://www.euramtec.com/

they are A-7180 Interior Light

click on catalog and its under interior lighting

its easiest just to call to place the order, nice lady on the other end.

you have to order light with bezel.

(The whole assembly)

they ended up being $25 with shipping for the set.

you won't be dissapointed.

I have those. I used them without the bezel... if you use them without the bezel they fit 100% perfect with no modification to the panel

• 1 year later...