89eliminator's 92 Eliminator

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update.

I'm gonna be putting my truck up for sale soon. i've come to a point where i don't want 2 projects anymore, i need the money, and i need a reliable good mpg vehicle for school. its not for sale yet so don't even pm me about wanting it. i will make an appropriate thread when its time.

:huh???:

this makes me so sad... what if it ends up in the hands of one who does not care?

i say shrink wrap it and put it out back for a few years...

update.

I'm gonna be putting my truck up for sale soon. i've come to a point where i don't want 2 projects anymore, i need the money, and i need a reliable good mpg vehicle for school. its not for sale yet so don't even pm me about wanting it. i will make an appropriate thread when its time.

:huh???:

this makes me so sad... what if it ends up in the hands of one who does not care?

i say shrink wrap it and put it out back for a few years...

:thumbsup:

Nice find on a real rare one , Ford made more GT 500 Mustangs back in sixty nine than the actual 92" MJ production numbers .

So in essence you own an even more rare vehicle than a Shelby GT 500 ... :yes:

All the Jeep guys up here think they are a dime a dozen so they pay me little mind when I walk into a discussion about cool Jeeps .

Also wanted to give a congrats on a rare find.

When I stumbled on this thread today, It inspired me to take a look at my door sticker. It shows a date of MFR 5-92, which should from my understanding be towards the end of the last build year of or beloved MJ's.

It's a short bed 4x4 with a Vin# 1J7FJ66S9NL239584

I'm the 3rd owner of this MJ. It has spent its life between Arizona, and California. It's on the way to the paint shop. Other than that its in excellent condition.

Can anybody get any more information on how close my Comanche was to the end of the production?

Thanks,

Russ

Also wanted to give a congrats on a rare find.

When I stumbled on this thread today, It inspired me to take a look at my door sticker. It shows a date of MFR 5-92, which should from my understanding be towards the end of the last build year of or beloved MJ's.

It's a short bed 4x4 with a Vin# 1J7FJ66S9NL239584

I'm the 3rd owner of this MJ. It has spent its life between Arizona, and California. It's on the way to the paint shop. Other than that its in excellent condition.

Can anybody get any more information on how close my Comanche was to the end of the production?

Thanks,

Russ

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!

a certain someone isnt gonna like this...

oh, and its going to a wonderful home.

I'll post up pictures when I get it back from paint.

Funny, Two days ago I bought a 91 2wd auto that is going to replace my 92 as my shop truck.

I always knew the production numbers on the 92 MJ's were just under 1000, and because of that, and the trouble I went to get a clean low miles 92, I never planed on molesting it.

Now that I know it could be even more special, I'm definitely will pay closer attention to keeping it more of a restoration project.

I have 5 XJ's and a member of NAXJA, but looking forward to participating in the Comanche Club.

Thanks Guy's

Russ

Its legit. I called the dealer with his VIN. Build date is 5-3-92. :(

Rob L.

Rob,

If you have anymore information, or some advise where I can get a spec, or build sheet on my MJ, I'd really appreciate it.

Fill free to drop me a PM.

Thanks,

Russ

Its legit. I called the dealer with his VIN. Build date is 5-3-92. :(

Rob L.

well, you always knew that it was a possibility for later ones to exist. without accurate records, there's just no way to know how many more are out there. :dunno: Neither of those could be the last-last. Both are going strong though, unlike that georgia CFC MJ :fs1: (may it rest in peace and live on in pieces).

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
I'm surprised the brakes still work. i guess the line wasnt cut good enough.

Why would you want to wreck Rob??? He will get bored and sell those MJ's soon enough, that he can buy your next project off of you...