89eliminator's 92 Eliminator

here is my newest addition to the family.

92 Eliminator, 4.0 HO with 112,000 miles, 4x4, AW4. some rust, but the floors are solid and its got a new radiator, new exhaust, rhino-lined bed, mint interior, and full skid plate package. also has class 3 hitch. it drives freakin fantastic and thats all i wanted. gonna be the new winter beater and i will be selling my car.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that was too close to you and pat to last. I just emailed the guy. I was going to buy that thing. Hey what did you get him down to if you don't mind me asking? I know he wanted $1350. Oh, and dana 44?

Nice score man, hey whats the build date on the door jamb?

Rob L.

IF YOU EVER SELL IT, Call me first. That is the last month they were ever made. The lines get changed in may (5). That very well could have been one of the last MJ's ever made. You lucky SOB.

Dana 44 too i take it with that horseshoe around your neck?

Rob L.

shortbed, no D44, its a D35 with 3.55s. my plans are to patch all the rust holes, then do a kinda good spray bomb job with some green paint. gonna stick with stock height (for now) and just drive it. i need something reliable for school and such. i will say that I'm in love with the HO power already...maybe the ol' 89 will be getting a new motor swap this winter...

Let's see. 952 MJs produced in 1992, and I'm guessing maybe 10% were Eliminators, and maybe 25% of these 95 Elims were 4WD. And your build date is right at the end of the MJ production cycle. You have a good chance of owning the last 4WD Eliminator MJ ever produced. A winter beater!! No way mate. This rare gem deserves a full and proper resto. And from the looks of it and only 112K miles, won't take much work and/or $$. Lucky bastid.............. :cheers:

I admire you for jumping on it immediately too. Excellent buy.

I would keep that baby all original. I would also write some dudes at jeep asking about serial numbers and when the last one was produced.

Rob L.

thats a good idea.

I would even help you wade. I would happily give you my '90 if you want some sort of beater, but please don't part that thing out for the engine. Thats a big item you have there. Especially since the build date is in the last month mjs were made, its an eliminator, its a 4x4, its an eliminator, and its an eliminator. I would do some research, find the original owner, and contact jeep.

Rob L.

no no no, I'm not taking this motor out for the 89. just saying that i want an HO for the 89. i guess i shouldnt have called it a winter beater. i don't think i can handle a full restore on this one for quite some time. gonna do a somewhat good job on patching and painting for now.

wow, i didn't realize how cool that is. even if its not the last, its one of them. last month, 4x4 eliminator, gotta be one of the last. very cool.

i just sent jeep a request on my yj, i wanna know how close my project is to the beginning being an 87. i forgot production date, but its somewhere.