89eliminator's 92 Eliminator

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i've made up my mind. before the salt hits the roads I'm gonna tackle the majority of the rust and just spray bomb the truck. then next summer she is getting a full restore including all of the original eliminator stickers (which I'm having multiple sets made too for anyone interested). what did i get myself into lol. :doh:

well, i've made up my mind. before the salt hits the roads I'm gonna tackle the majority of the rust and just spray bomb the truck. then next summer she is getting a full restore including all of the original eliminator stickers (which I'm having multiple sets made too for anyone interested). what did i get myself into lol. :doh:

You got yourself into one hell of a deal. :D

Rob L.

nice choice, can't wait for the resto thread. what are you going with, restore o.e, or modified?

well hopefully they will get back to me. good to hear somebody has gotten info from them.
In 1999 a Jeep Author named Jim Allen released a book called "The Illustrated Jeep Buyers Guide". It has some of the most comprehensive information about production numbers in any book I have read.

http://www.amazon.com/Jim-Allen/e/B000A ... epwbk_T1_1

If anyone could shed some light on this, he would definitely be the one or know who to go to for such information. I can't seem to find an email contact on him, but if someone could maybe he could help?

If nothing else he writes a couple of articles for Off Road Adventures magazine. One of them being the Q&A Gearhead article. From the ORA web site:

Email Gearhead at info@oramagazine.com with Gearhead in the subject line.

Willy

nice choice, can't wait for the resto thread. what are you going with, restore o.e, or modified?

restore to as close to original as possible.

got this back from chrysler today.

Dear Wade:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

requesting for the build sheet of your 1992 Jeep Comanche.

In response to your recent email, we are glad to provide the vehicle

build information as per your request. As per our records, your 1992

Jeep Comanche (VIN: NL223002) was equipped from the factory with the

following:

Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats

Light Group

Skid Plate Group

Monotone Paint

Radio AM/FM Cassette

90 Amp Alternator

500 Amp Maintenance Free Battery

Power Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes

Low Back Bucket Seats

Reclining Front Seats

Carpets - Floor and Cargo Area

Full Length Floor Console

All 4-Speed Automatic Transmissions

4-Speed Automatic AW4 Transmission

Lock-Up Torque Converter

Command-Trac Part Time 4WD System

Floor Mount Automatic Shift Lever

Dana M30/181MM Front Axle

3.55 Axle Ratio

175MM Rear Axle

4.0L Power Tech I-6 Engine

Tinted Glass Windows

Tinted Windshield Glass

Front Door Tinted Glass

Front Left Side Sliding Window

Rear Sliding Window

Left Remote Mirror

Right Remote Control Mirror

Manual Remote Mirrors

Air Conditioning

Instrument Cluster w/Tach

85 MPH Primary Speedometer

Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers

Cigar Lighter

STRIPE/BADGE/MOLDING

Headlamps On Warning Chimes

Courtesy Lamps

Glove Box Lamp

Ash Tray Lamp

Cigar Lighter

Underhood Lamp

Headlamp Off Time Delay

Halogen Headlamps

Fog Lamps

Black Front Bumper

Black Front Bumper

Front Bumper Guards

Front License Plate Bracket

Body Color Grille

Black Windshield Moldings

Upper Door Frame Moldings

Belt Moldings

Body Color Drip Trough Molding

Federal Emissions

EVAP Control System

18.5 Gallon Fuel Tank

Speed Control

Hunter Green Metallic

Hunter Green Metallic Clear Coat

All Radio Equipped Vehicles

AM/FM Cassette Radio

4 Speakers

Power Rack and Pinion Steering

Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel

Standard Duty Shock Absorbers

Rear Shock Absorbers

Tilt Steering Column

Full Size Spare Tire

Tire Carrier Winch

P225/75R15 OWL Wrangler AT Tires

Goodyear Brand Tires

15X7 Aluminum Wheels

All Aluminum Wheels

Pickup Box

Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications

GVW/Payload Rating

In my previous email i had asked how many MJ's were built in 92 and they said that that is proprietary information so they can't say.

How do I get one of those?

Yours is probably a few years too old. I think if you do it right now, the cutoff is '90. You can also get the equivalent of the build sheet at the Mopar dealer in your town. Computer records only go so far back though.

I think Wade did it through jeep.com

Rob L.

you suck, i sent my request sooner and still haven't gotten a response.

did you specifically ask for where it sat in production numbers? i did ask that in my email, i'll bet i just get a build sheet back though.

i asked if mine was the last 4x4 eliminator (which they didnt know) and how many MJs were built in 92 (which they couldnt tell me)

well hopefully they will get back to me. good to hear somebody has gotten info from them.
In 1999 a Jeep Author named Jim Allen released a book called "The Illustrated Jeep Buyers Guide". It has some of the most comprehensive information about production numbers in any book I have read.

http://www.amazon.com/Jim-Allen/e/B000A ... epwbk_T1_1

If anyone could shed some light on this, he would definitely be the one or know who to go to for such information. I can't seem to find an email contact on him, but if someone could maybe he could help?

If nothing else he writes a couple of articles for Off Road Adventures magazine. One of them being the Q&A Gearhead article. From the ORA web site:

Email Gearhead at info@oramagazine.com with Gearhead in the subject line.

Willy

Good find Willy,

When he wrote the Jeep Buyers guide in 1999 he referred to Comanche's as a "bargain truck". I think a lot has changed since then and in the 17.5 years sine Wade's truck rolled off the assembly line , Mr. Allen might view this truck as a rare gem. From reading his book Mr. Allen knows former Jeep engineers, and testers, army testers, and a host of other industry folks with valuable insight as to what the last Comanche Eliminator VIN number might be.