89eliminator's 92 Eliminator

update!

found a MINT bed on craigslist that i bought. it was repainted 2 years ago and it even has a MINT factory rollbar. the only problem is that the engine caught fire and there is just a really small burn mark on the front pass side corner of the bed. it is black so its getting repainted anyways. picking it up either tomorrow night or tuesday night. this is gonna save a butt load of work and time.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, talked to that guy over the phone for a bit. Seemed like a good guy.

Soulds like everything is coming together Wade.

Rob L. :thumbsup:

yeah he was a good guy. this bed was on a 92 Eliminator 4x4 with a 2" lift, 31s, 4.10s. he said it was perfect and then one day coming home it just started on fire.

There used to be a guy in McHenry who had a Black '92 4.0L HO, AW4, NP231, LWB. Had a factory longbed rollbar because when he bought it new he wanted a shortbed, but he got his so late in production that there were none left, so he got a longbed, and had them put a rollbar in. I asked him about it, and he said he was going to drive it into the ground before he gets rid of it. Been a couple years since I asked.

Last time I drove by his place, it was no-longer in the driveway. :(

Rob L.

Glad you got that bed Wade. I was talking with him about it and was going to get back ahold of him to seal the deal. Looks like you beat me to it though. Which is good, cause I really didnt need a whole bed and I had no use for the roll-bar.

So what you doing with the old Hunter Green bed? I was interested in the bed you now own because I have issues with the bedsides on my white truck. It really is all savable, the steel is there, but there are a few spots with alot of dents and evidence of past shotty bodywork. It would be easier to drill the rivets and fire up Dad's Plasma Cutter to put on straight sections that don't need as much bump work...

Above my wheel wells I'm good and solid, it looks like thats where your bed is bad. Where yours looks straight are the spots I need, in front of and behind the wheel-wells - mainly on the passenger side, drivers I could make work if I had to, but I would still like to get those sections too...

:dunno:

Fair enough. When are you thinking that you will have it off of the truck? I could make a whole Saturday out of coming over to you and Pat's side of the state...

And yes, I'd drive the Blue one over...

i honestly don't even know when. you could still come over and look at while its on the truck though.

• 1 month later...