I had a job interview -- FINALLY!!! UPDATE -- I'm in!!!

BLHTAZ

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get the job or what.... gezzzz leave us in suspense y don't ya.. :roll:

:rotf: I won't know until sometime next week when the owner comes back from vacation, so everyone keep everything crossed and whatnot ;) :cheers:

I just got the phone call...I'm in!!! :banana:

I go down for the paperwork and drug testing tomorrow morning.

We're already working on the idea of coupon codes for me to supply to all of my Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge friends/family to use on the site when purchasing so that my impact on hte business can be tracked and show my value ;) .

I just got the phone call...I'm in!!! :banana:

I go down for the paperwork and drug testing tomorrow morning.

We're already working on the idea of coupon codes for me to supply to all of my Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge friends/family to use on the site when purchasing so that my impact on hte business can be tracked and show my value ;) .

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Superfantastic Brent!

Well...I have a dilema now... :doh:

I just received a call from a local dealership that I interviewed at on Wednesday. It is only a 19 mile / 35 minute trip, which is great, but it is a Chevrolet dealership. It would save me $300 a month in expenses to go with Chevrolet, and likely would pay $5000 more (or better) a year. I have to go talk details with him, but so far--the pros for Chevy are outweighing the pros for Mopar...

I am going to talk to Chevy at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow, so I'll update you with more after that.

I knew this would happen...I couldn't beg a job out of anyone for a while, and now this :shake: :dunno: :rotf:

Ask the Chevy dealer to put it in writing about the pay etc., then IF the Mopar place is where you'd rather be, ask them to match it. If they won't, ask them to give you half and the other half through incentive bonuses. Yes, you still have to meet the goals, but if you'd be happier at the Mopar place, what compensation package would it take to make you say yes? You're in a win-win situation, go with your gut. :thumbsup:

I just received a call from a local dealership that I interviewed at on Wednesday. It is only a 19 mile / 35 minute trip, which is great, but it is a Chevrolet dealership. It would save me $300 a month in expenses to go with Chevrolet, and likely would pay $5000 more (or better) a year. I have to go talk details with him, but so far--the pros for Chevy are outweighing the pros for Mopar...

I am going to talk to Chevy at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow, so I'll update you with more after that.

I knew this would happen...I couldn't beg a job out of anyone for a while, and now this :shake: :dunno: :rotf:

When it rains it pours! Congratulations :cheers: I read somewhere that G.M. might be heading out of BK earlier than Chrysler, what a tough choice you have, either way the dealership you choose will have a top notch counterman.

Ask the Chevy dealer to put it in writing about the pay etc., then IF the Mopar place is where you'd rather be, ask them to match it. If they won't, ask them to give you half and the other half through incentive bonuses. Yes, you still have to meet the goals, but if you'd be happier at the Mopar place, what compensation package would it take to make you say yes? You're in a win-win situation, go with your gut. :thumbsup:

We'll see if that scenario comes about. The thing about that is, I have already pushed the Mopar place for more money than they were offering and got them to move up by $5000 a year, so I don't know if htey would be willing to play any more or not. Their contention is, they are an independant, not in the big city, and they can't afford to pay what the bigger guys do.

The other thing is, I can't push to hard, or I may lose both of them, as there are a lot of people out there looking for work right now and they could just move on to another.

That seems like a no-brianer Brent. $3600 savings in commuting expenses plus $5000 or more in pay makes it an easy decision. As much as we'd all like you firmly in-place at a Jeep dealership for our parts source, you have to go for the money. Longevity will probably more secure also mate.

The Chevy dealership is one of the ones on the list to loose the Chevrolet franchise. I have been assured by them that they have alternate plans already being put in place to convert the dealership in to a Carmax type place, and that my employemnt there will be secure, if I choose them.

We'll know better in about 17-18 hours. :cheers: