I had a job interview -- FINALLY!!! UPDATE -- I'm in!!!

BLHTAZ

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will still be in parts, but it will be more like working aftermarket as we will deal with all makes instead of just one. I just need somethingthat pays decent to get me through the next 17-18 months until graduation, then I can move on in to a field where there should be little worry about job security.

I say dump the chevy dealer... Sounds sketchy to me. I don't really see a spot for ya after the changeover.

Rob L.

I am going to talk to them in the morning to get a better feel for it. I will be asking some very direct questions about the situation, and if there is any hesitation at all in the responses, I will likely move on and take the long drive for now.

well lets see if i can puts this prospective "Steelers won the super bowl" and the Penguins won the Stanley cup and you got a choice jobs. You have to wonder what the future look likes for the mopar place. If you are looking for the short run then chevy (money) would be the place knowing that things will possible change. and just like WahooSteeler stated go with your gut. :cheers: :clapping: :cheers: this buds for you :cheers:

OK...just got back from Chevy. Looks like I am going with them. I have to go at 1:00 p.m. to do my drug test and fill out the papers for a background check, so pending those, which will be no problem, I should be starting on June 30th.

Exactly how did Chevy put your mind at ease about their loosing the franchise and their future plans for another business? Just curious. I myslef have heard way too many "stories" about what they the dealership plan to do, just to see nothing ever happen. For your sake, I hope they are right and everything is cool. Good luck! :cheers:

OK...just got back from Chevy. Looks like I am going with them. I have to go at 1:00 p.m. to do my drug test and fill out the papers for a background check, so pending those, which will be no problem, I should be starting on June 30th.

Excellent! Re-establishing funding for the Comanche addiction should lead to some new mods. I can hardly wait to see more in your build thread.

Congrats Brent, very happy for ya....knew things would pan out for you eventually. I'm not sure if you're a believer in fate, but my life experiences have taught me that everything happens for a reason. It just may take a good amount of time for you to realize what that reason was......<>

:cheers:

Jeff

He went over the plans for the new dealership that will be staking the place of Chevrolet when it happens. They have a comprehensive plan in place that "should" not cause anyone to lose their jobs. I know I am taking a risk, but something about it just feels like the right thing to do.

I am not such a big believer in "fate", but more so in faith. Although I am not one to spend time in a church on Sundays, I do believe in God and that he has a will, reason, and plan for my life, and what happens in it is what he intends to happen :thumbsup: .

I should be working by June 30th, as the red-tape--drug test, background check--stuff takes 3-4 days to process.

Congratulations. That must be a real relief. I must admit I am a bit disappointed that you didnt go with the mopar dealer. I am in need of some parts. I feel sorry for you though. I just got off an airplane a few hours ago from visiting Mickey Mouse. I was there for over a week. Man, your weather sucks... :ack:

Congratulations. That must be a real relief. I must admit I am a bit disappointed that you didnt go with the mopar dealer. I am in need of some parts. I feel sorry for you though. I just got off an airplane a few hours ago from visiting Mickey Mouse. I was there for over a week. Man, your weather sucks... :ack:

Be sure to still use the guys at wholesalemopar.com . They are great guys and willing to help.

Yes, the weather is rough down here this time of year, and only gets worse through September. It was 99.4* yesterday :ack: . We're having a thunderstorm right now.

Well...another twist in the saga... :shake: :doh: :rotf:

I just got a call from the parts manager of a local, VERY large, Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge dealership. I have been trying to get in to this one for a while now, and they finally want to talk to me. I am going to see them tomorrow at 4:00 p.m.. The Chevy people are taking forever to get me started, so I hope this works out with the CJD place, as it will be much better money, but longer hours too.

I'll update tomorrow afternoon when I get home.

All those that were disappointed can now be happy--I am at a Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge dealership again :banana: :banana:

This is the huge dealership that I thought I was going to get in to about 8 months ago when I lost my job, but they turned me down at that time. Now they have called me again, and I am in this time. I should start working by mid- to late-week next week.

Click the pic for a little dealership tour;

Yes, you are seeing correctly; four storys of vehicles with between 400 and 600 in inventory most of the time.

That's great Taz. You'll be happier there, and so will we! :thumbsup: How far's the commute?

No doubt!! I REALLY did not want to go to Chevy, but I was going to do what I had to.

It is about 13 miles from my house--takes about 20-25 minutes.