How would you handle a deadbeat seller?

Boilermaker

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :jump: :laughin: :rotf:

Remind me not to piss any of you guys off...... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It's really not about being P,d off ....It,s about trying to make things right , you ever watch "Man Hunter " on the Discovery channel ....the Cowboy always wins , just food for thought :brows:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heck got the same problem with someone on here, I figure karma might take over. he even lied to a moderator

Personally (speaking as a member, not as a moderator -- it's up to Pete to state any "official" position the board may hold), I think after a fair effort to let a seller make good fails to produce a resolution, the seller should be publicly outed so he can't shaft any more members.

We aren't shy about letting each other know which vendors don't live up to their promises. Why should someone get a free ride just because they registered on a web forum that doesn't charge for membership?

Personally (speaking as a member, not as a moderator -- it's up to Pete to state any "official" position the board may hold), I think after a fair effort to let a seller make good fails to produce a resolution, the seller should be publicly outed so he can't shaft any more members.

Has anyone ever been "publicly outed" or banned, whatever, from this forum? Been here quite awhile and I can't recall one, unless it was done "unpublicly"; behind the scenes. :hmm:

heck got the same problem with someone on here, I figure karma might take over. he even lied to a moderator

That's disappointing...i wouldn't think most of the regulars around here would do that to anyone, let along another member. I hope he or she makes things right; and they shouldn't need prompting from a mod.

@#$% lied to me on the phone. Ohwell. But it does appear to be shipped.

obviously he lied to me back on the 19th when they said they were shipped. I'm still going to call Canada Post and see if i can find out if the items were shipped on the dealership's account.

Guido and Federico (the Kneecap brothers) are standing by, incase the merchandise doesn't show up or isn't as represented.

at this point its certainly possible even if something arrives, it won't be working as promised. I'm guessing we'll know if we need the brother's services by friday.

Has anyone ever been "publicly outed" or banned, whatever, from this forum? Been here quite awhile and I can't recall one, unless it was done "unpublicly"; behind the scenes. :hmm:

Naw, didn't think so.

I don't think so. But NAXJA was a much different (and, some might say, better) place in the early days, too. As this site grows and attracts more members, we're bound to get a couple of bad apples sooner or later. If that comes to be, I don't think they should be "protected" just because they're a member. That just leaves them at liberty to screw more members.

Just got off the phone with canada post, they really couldn't tell me much. What i did find out...

11 business days to the get to me, starting today. So unless saturday is a business day, i'm looking at delivery around june 22.

They couldn't tell me if the package was sent using an account, they couldn't even tell me the shipping or destination address yet, just postal codes. I asked them to estimate the cost for me based on the postal codes and shipping method and found out he marked up shipping about 50%. He's not getting away with that...looks like its game on again.

Just got off the phone with canada post, they really couldn't tell me much. What i did find out...

11 business days to the get to me, starting today. So unless saturday is a business day, i'm looking at delivery around june 22.

They couldn't tell me if the package was sent using an account, they couldn't even tell me the shipping or destination address yet, just postal codes. I asked them to estimate the cost for me based on the postal codes and shipping method and found out he marked up shipping about 50%. He's not getting away with that...looks like its game on again.

I just sent you a PM ,before I saw this :doh:

Boilermaker, I hope you get your stuff. I've been following this post since the start, seeing how things pan out. Looks like things might finally work out for you :cheers:

Some of you guys on here have bought some stuff from me before and can vouch for this, but this is the way I operate (and knock on wood, I haven't gotten pinched yet):

1. we agree on a price, method of payment, and wether shipping is included or extra

2. I send a couple pics of the item to the buyer to review to make sure it's what's expected and how I described it

3. if good on #2, I ship the item to the buyer

4. once received, I ask the buyer to confirm the part will work/function as desired and it is in the condition described

5. if yes to #4, buyer then sends me payment. If no to #4, buyer return ships the item to me at their expense and we both go along with our lives

I know that process leaves me open to a bit of deceipt, but like I said so far everyone I've dealt with (on here and on other boards too) has been good. Might I get screwed somewhere down the line? maybe, but I'm just as choosey a seller as I am a buyer. If something smells even remotely fishy, I'll keep my stuff. Call me old fashioned ;)

What 87mjdriver posted is a bit disheartening.....

YMMV

Jeff

Thanks mjeff, it wouldn't have been possible without the efforts of the members of this forum. When i've sold things on here and other jeep forums, its almost always the same way you have, ship first and payment when the buyer is satisfied. And knock on wood, i haven't been burned either.

So far so good on at least receiving something, a lot of progress from where i was 72 hours ago. I am going to take issue with the shipping cost. I may be in the wrong because we agreed on a shipping cost; ignorance isn't much of a defense. But he did tell me that was his cost. And i know when i've sent something the buyer isn't happy with (in this case the seller's service), i offer something back to offset the problem.

So far so good on at least receiving something, a lot of progress from where i was 72 hours ago. I am going to take issue with the shipping cost. I may be in the wrong because we agreed on a shipping cost; ignorance isn't much of a defense. But he did tell me that was his cost. And i know when i've sent something the buyer isn't happy with (in this case the seller's service), i offer something back to offset the problem.

Check the shipping label. Maybe it will tell you if the shipping was charged to the dealership's account. If so, HIS shipping cost may have been zero. If that be the case, he is both cheating you by overcharging, and stealing shipping services from his employer.

i'm all but positive the shipping address will be the dealer's, everybody i've been i contact with has told me their package was addressed that way. I won't be shocked if he used the dealership's account too. The question is, do i call him on it now, or two weeks from now when it arrives.

If i were u and all of this didnt work then i would BURN HIS F#@$&%* HOUSE DOWN , seriously

Friendly words of advice: Think twice about posting stuff like this in a public forum and save yourself some big time possible grief.

:hmm:

Boilermaker, I hope you get your stuff. I've been following this post since the start, seeing how things pan out. Looks like things might finally work out for you :cheers:

Some of you guys on here have bought some stuff from me before and can vouch for this, but this is the way I operate (and knock on wood, I haven't gotten pinched yet):

1. we agree on a price, method of payment, and wether shipping is included or extra

2. I send a couple pics of the item to the buyer to review to make sure it's what's expected and how I described it

3. if good on #2, I ship the item to the buyer

4. once received, I ask the buyer to confirm the part will work/function as desired and it is in the condition described

5. if yes to #4, buyer then sends me payment. If no to #4, buyer return ships the item to me at their expense and we both go along with our lives

I know that process leaves me open to a bit of deceipt, but like I said so far everyone I've dealt with (on here and on other boards too) has been good. Might I get screwed somewhere down the line? maybe, but I'm just as choosey a seller as I am a buyer. If something smells even remotely fishy, I'll keep my stuff. Call me old fashioned ;)

What 87mjdriver posted is a bit disheartening.....

YMMV

Jeff

I don't want to go off in another direction in Boilermaker's topic.

I too "use" to use the same method for parts and payment.........until last October, when I drop shipped 2 Brand New CRL rear sliders to two different buyers......One paid me for the slider in February (after some chasing), and the other buyer still has not paid :shake: and yes, I keep making contact, and keep hearing this and that........so, unless it's someone in the past whom I can deal with, and you all know who you are, it's parts are paid for before I ship it out now.

I had to give up my "ole school" practice because of a couple bad buyers :roll:

Boilermaker - you have some "good" contact from where the "sender" lives, use them, and the guy will craw under a rock for some time.

If i were u and all of this didnt work then i would BURN HIS F#@$&%* HOUSE DOWN , seriously

Friendly words of advice: Think twice about posting stuff like this in a public forum and save yourself some big time possible grief.

I agree on the friendly advice. In today's political climate this might be considered a hate crime. Used to be you had to commit a crime, but now there is a push to prosecute if you made someone "feel" threatened. What was the Tom Cruise movie where he was arrested for a crime they said he would commit in the future? Well ....

I agree on the friendly advice. In today's political climate this might be considered a hate crime. Used to be you had to commit a crime, but now there is a push to prosecute if you made someone "feel" threatened. What was the Tom Cruise movie where he was arrested for a crime they said he would commit in the future? Well ....

WOW ! whats this world coming to . first its freedom of speech , next they will take my guns and tell me i can't club baby seals anymore ....ok ok no more burning houses :shake: people these days!

back on topic

O.K.

few people talked to me about my situation.

here it is

oct 28th 2008: agreed to buy a 4 cylinder head for 130$ with shipping. sent money thru paypal.

dec 9th: after nothing ever arriving I contacted the seller he said that ups screwed up and never delivered it, so they returned it to him. he stated he would send it again and return 50$ for time wasted.

Jan 27: still nothing, contacted seller via pm. seller stated ups screwed up again and he would return my money.

feb 27: I got a moderator involved. seller told both the mod and me that he would get the money out and to me by mar 6th.

A few days after mar 6th nothing showed up, I sorta passed it off as maybe he was affected by the economy tanking. however I started noticing that he was still working on jeep projects, which agravates me now.

So I am calling that person out.

JeepcoMJ I would really like my money back.

O.K.

here it is

oct 28th 2008: agreed to buy a 4 cylinder head for 130$ with shipping. sent money thru paypal.

dec 9th: after nothing ever arriving I contacted the seller he said that ups screwed up and never delivered it, so they returned it to him. he stated he would send it again and return 50$ for time wasted.

Jan 27: still nothing, contacted seller via pm. seller stated ups screwed up again and he would return my money.

feb 27: I got a moderator involved. seller told both the mod and me that he would get the money out and to me by mar 6th.

A few days after mar 6th nothing showed up, I sorta passed it off as maybe he was affected by the economy tanking. however I started noticing that he was still working on jeep projects, which agravates me now.

87mjdriver, sorry to hear you are having problems with someone who has made many contributions to the forum. Needless to say i can relate, so i hope you are able to get things worked out.

O.K.

here it is

:popcorn: