How would you handle a deadbeat seller?

Boilermaker

Actually, I have not posted here because I really don't know what to say.

87MJdriver will get his money, when I have time to send it (tomorrow). up to this point, I have sent him two postal money orders, which have not been recieved. Frankly, I don't have a bank account tied to my paypal right now and I would much rather paypal it so I may tie it together first....I am out over $100 by sending him checks (because I lost the reciept for the first one and so could not prove being the sender of a check that was never cashed...I did get the money back for the second check, however).

Akula69 has also experienced this problem with me and shipping....I have sent him one interior, which got crushed at the shipping center on accident before it even left. I replaced what was crushed and dropped it off to be sent to the same destination but it never was. I have it now and will be shipping via fedex instead. He is more than welcome to a refund of half the cost if he would like.

as for the axle...total cost to replace is $0. I have an empty housing, and all the ball joints in this one were new 6000 miles ago when I built the truck, and I have a set of ujoints laying here from a build that never happened (years ago) as well as good (used) unit bearings. the gears can be reset for trade on parts or a few beers locally, so that will cost $0, and the steel and tube bender for the truss are things I already have.

The only thing that the damage will cost me is time, which I have very little of. It will probably sit for awhile before I tear it down for a complete rebuild on the truck for the simple fact that it needs a windshield and a paint job as well.

Yes, I am busy. I acknowledge that I suck at shipping things and that it takes a ridiculous amount of time to get them sent. As much excuse as I have, it's completely invalid in the eyes of the purchaser and I understand that as well. I'm happy to refund, but I'm not so happy to be out money because someone else (USPS) screwed up and either couldn't read my handwriting or can't comprehend recieving addresses.

I will make things right.

87mjdriver, please do me the favor of sending me your address and paypal address, as well as what I owe you via pm. I would like to send it via paypal, but (correct me if I'm wrong....I haven't done this in awhile) it will take several days to tie my bank account to paypal before I can send you the money through paypal.

-Pat

so, your saying that UPS failed to deliver the part, not once but twice. Then the same thing happened with a money order too? come on :shake: that is just a little far fetched. And I see why you don't want to lose money on the deal but why should the buyer lose money? you should refund their full amount and take up any losses withe UPS. After all, according to you, it was UPS that caused the problem which may create a loss for you, not the buyer.

:agree: Jim, thanks for stepping up and saying what a lot of us were probably thinking. So Pat, you write the address on the envelope for the money order. The buyer tells you he never gets it. Rare, but possible, and usually because of an error by the sender. You confirm the address again. You PRINT the address on the envelope and send another one. Then USPS messes up again?? :hmm: Like Jim said, the buyer should not be out a dime in this situation. Eight months to reconcile, which could be argued was only motivated by being called out publicly, is simply unacceptable. Your losses on this deal could be minimal compared to future lost sales (since you have acquire a lot of parts and do a lot of selling) if people don't think you are fair and prompt. For the record, Pat I don't believe you were trying to rip anybody off. But I do think maybe you took liberty with his money, then blamed the delivery and postal carriers until you had the funds to refund him, to which it seemed to be a low priority or it wouldn't have taken 8 months. I may have missed it earlier, but whatever happened to just sending him the part?

Have to agree with the others. Totally unacceptable behavior whether or not the Buyer is a forum member. :doh:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm with don on this one.

who cares? I sure as hell don't.

akula69's interior will be out by tomorrow morning, I'm working today so it will be shipped out tomorrow.

87mjdriver will be getting payed what I owe him soon after that.

LotGod's wiring harness will also be out tomorrow or monday morning.

after that, if you don't want to see me around, pm pete and have my account banned/deleted/whatever. I frankly don't care. there is no time in my life to deal with jeeps, other people's jeeps, questions about jeeps, jeep parts, or anything entailing jeeps. I scrapped out what would be around $1500 of parts if I sold them cheap late last night, took them in to scrap this morning on my way to get my CPR recertified for one of my jobs, and the rest will be following suit once I've figured out what parts I need for future projects.

this is my last post in this thread. I'm sure those who are entailed in these issues will post when it's all taken care of.