88 Comanche (My Style)..."The Blue Truck"

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive driven with it tonight already and the tach seems to read normal, very close to my XJ so i assume its the same.

As long as the engine that the vehicle gauge cluster came out of matches yours, you should be good to go. The gauge cluster that I used came out of an '87 6-cyl XJ, and I have an '88 4-cyl, so I had to recalibrate the tach. As long as the donor engine and receiver engine are the same, shouldn't have to mess with the tach...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got a nice surprise today! jamminz.gif

31x10.50x15 Treadwright Crawlers :clapping:

I got em mounted this afternoon and after an intitional Drive They ride so much better than my previous tires did, Have to try em out offroad but I think I'm gonna enjoy these, I havent heard a bad review yet so I wanted my own opinion so we'll see over time.

Pics this weekend! :yes:

Well after about a week I have no complaints, They did great in a small offroad test and have just the right amount of "hum" on the highway. Had them @ speeds up to 70 without vibrations as well. here's a few pics from today of them on the truck jamminz.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I have been tinkering here and there with my Comanche as always.

Stole the Prop valve rod from my parts truck and figured id make it functional again.

Also over the past few days I installed a few items to help out during these summer months. Walking past things such as these at work everyday I'm always wondering what i should be adding to the MJ next :shake: :yes:

I should be done with add ons for alittle while now but who knows :doh: :rotfl2:

• 4 weeks later...

As always I'm never done finding little things to add on.

Threw on a set of JCR Unibody tie ins so my bumper can acctually be a legit recovery point now jamminz.gif

And I threw the 10 slot grill on alittle while back, here's a shot with my freshly sprayed off XJ as well :thumbsup:

Thats it for now.....I'm still looking for a Dana 44 for the rear so if ya know any leads feel free to contact me. image_209027.gif

Great work! Having the fire ext. gives peace of mind, hoping it's never used and if it is used, it is needed on someone else's rig. Keep the pics coming, and that is one very unique jeep, something I wouldn't have done but I like it!

• 1 month later...