88 Comanche (My Style)..."The Blue Truck"

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decided to tackle my Axle install tonight with a few friends and install my XJ 3" AALs while I was in there to see how much lift I could gain from them...

Pulled out the old Turdy-five

Ready to throw on the AALs

D44 in its new home! :clapping:

After all was done i gained right about 2" in the rear after the AAL, I'm sure itll settle some but i am pleased, I have LCAs and springs ordered for the front so ill be right over the 3" mark on lift which is where ive wanted 2 be for a long time. Need to replace 1 brake line tomorrow but otherwise Its all but done. Very productive evening :cheers:

Its in an Driveable! :clapping:

Front lift components should be here in a few days but for now ill run 2.5" higher in the rear, lol. The driveshaft has enough slip yoke clearence it seems with this setup but getting that trimmed down some in the future may be on my list as well.

Next up after front lift install is an Aussie/Lockrite Locker in the D30 :yes:

Got my front lifted today :D

Rustys (I know :dunce: ) 2" Coils, Rough Country Adj. LCAs and a Skyjacker track bar bracket completes the front setup

Truck pretty much now sits 3" or a bit more over stock and I think I'm finally done with the suspension for awhile.

Next on my list is a Locker for the D30 and revamping my hood :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Today i recieved my Spartan D30 Locker jamminz.gif

I called up a friend and dove right into the install tonight

fluid drained

Assembling the carrier

and going back into its new home :brows:

I tried it out alittle after completion and am now amazed.....i can't wait to acctually see what differences it makes down the road :cheers:

I'm chillin with a cold MGD now and all smiles.

next up on my list.....rock sliders

while, theoretically, nothing should go wrong with your gears since you just removed the carrier...you really should have run the pattern before removing it, then run it again and compared after reinstalling it.

on top of that, you shouldn't have had to remove the carrier to install the locker. remember...it's better to leave gears alone unless they MUST be touched.

The center pin for the spiders would have hit the ring gear by just fractions of an inch or I wouldent have removed it. No shims or washers fell out during the removal process and we made sure to keep everything in order and reinstall everything in the excat spot they were removed. Overall it was a very simple process and drives fine with no additional noises :thumbsup:

The center pin for the spiders would have hit the ring gear by just fractions of an inch or I wouldent have removed it. No shims or washers fell out during the removal process and we made sure to keep everything in order and reinstall everything in the excat spot they were removed. Overall it was a very simple process and drives fine with no additional noises :thumbsup:

ah, yes....I forgot that dana 30's suck :(

• 2 months later...

Sorry for no recent updates on this machine either, its been pretty trouble free lately minus the ECM going out about a month ago and leaving me sitting 40 miles from home. Otherwise ive been DDing it alot and enjoying winter in it as well.

Soon on the list of mods is a set of Rock Sliders with my Tax return and possibly an adj. Track bar. Overall Ive been nothing but pleased with its performance for all the more ive built it and if it keeps a smile on my face then theres no reason to change anything :D

All shined up :drool:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

alright well it took alittle longer than planned but tonight I got my sliders welded on with help from a friend :cheers:

Will be sure to get some daylight pics of them soon!

My mayden voyage to Rausch Creek is coming on May 20th 8)

Next up on the list is my 160amp Alt. and My new hood and vents.

Stay Tuned :wavey:

• 1 month later...

Well I'm tired of blowing 260x U Joints and the LF lower Ball Joint is toast so time to spend alittle money :D

Some 95+ XJ Axle Shafts and New Spicer 760x U joints are on theyre way, as well as Alloy USA seals and MOOG Ball joints

Stay Tuned :wrench:

Well my Ball Joints won't arrive till Monday but I went ahead and got as far as i could with the rest of the front upgrades. all the work went smoothly even removing the old ball joints.

When i removed the lower castle nut and gave the knuckle a few taps to free it the ball joint acctually seperated :eek: It was that close to just failing, so I'm happy I decided to get this done!

I got the old U joints outta the 96+ shafts and prepared them for installation, this will ditch the CAD system and allow me to run the Spicer 760x U joints :D

I got the right side all finished up and back together today, and with some Alloy USA exterior axle seals, upgrading the shafts did not require removal of any Diff. internals :clapping:

Ill finish the drivers side up after i get my ball joints installed Monday then hopefully ill be ready for alittle more fun off road with a few less worries :cheers: