88 Comanche (My Style)..."The Blue Truck"

The Bed mounted Spare tire mount is the last thing on my list of small projects for alittle, so i decided to tackle it tonight :wrench:

Started with an OEM YJ spare tire mount and an adapter purchased off of the innernets

A quick shot of paint and were ready to go!

A few holes drilled and began to get it in place

All done! and completed with my ugly butt spare tire.....Another D window wheel and 31" Spare will be aquired in the near future.

Frees up some room underneath and with the tools up along side of it, I'm liking the "expedition vehicle" type look :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another night in the garage. Got my FEY bumper and brackets (which were also welded on @ 1 point :roll: ) removed off the truck. I'm expecting my bumper sometime on Thursday accroding to Fed Ex so hopefully by this weekend Ill have some pictures to show off for you guys :wrench: :yes:

Sorry, no pictures :oops:

It has arrived! :clapping:

This thing is STOUT! I don't even have it mounted up and I already love the decision Ive made. This bumper will serve the duities I need it to on this truck excellently!

I cleaned up and shot a coat of paint on the brackets this evening, By weekends end I should have it all on and ready to rumble!

... :waving:

Well today was the big day. I recieved my bumper from Ben (Nehoic) on Thursday and have been more than ready to throw that sucker on!

The signiture craftsmanship sign. I was greeted with :D

The OEM nutserts were giving us fits and without cutting the bedsides 1st there was no way for us to get a drill up in there to enlarge em....So out came the welder for the 1st time today, I see no reason the brackets would ever need to be removed so I had no trouble asking for alittle more strength ;)

Got the bumper mocked up...

Next up was cutting the quarter panels to allow room for the side protection.

Side protection being welded in place

Welding all done! and 1st coat of paint applied

I did drill out the mounting holes needed and final assembly was in full force!

And here she is, ill be sure to take more more detailed pictures with my good camera here in the next few days, I'm letting it spend another night in the garage to allow the paint to stay outta the fridged temps for the night.

Overall I'm very impressed with the quality of the bumper, I'm anxious to see the advantages it gives me off road and greatly enjoy the look over my FEY that occupied this truck since its purchase.

:wrench: :cheers:

here's a few shots after bringing it up to the house.....I'm very happy with Bens work and i know this will only help me off the pavement jamminz.gif

Have alittle welding work to do on the exhaust yet but for now I think I'm caught up with my little projects.......emphasis on "for now" ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well my brake booster has been on its way out for awhile and my recent trip to Rausch creek just did it in, so what better thing to do on a Friday evening than enjoy an evening in the garage with a few friends and upgrade MJ parts :wrench: jamminz.gif

Picked up a 96 XJ setup off of the Ebay for $40 shipped. The install wasnt too bad, and I'm sure itll go alot easyer if I ever have to do it again ;)

another small project in the books....we'll see whats next :typing:

Well as mentioned by a member or 2, the Alloy USA exterior Axle seals were not a permenent solution to the 1 pice shaft upgrade, So I picked up the upgraded seal from work for the 1 peice shaft but insted of going through the hassle of tearing apart the front differential and going with the triditional install, I chose to experiment alittle...

I simply just removed the "seal" from the Alloy USA housing and replaced it with the correct seal, it fit just like it would inside the axle tube, and sits tight in place like it was made for that housing, after a few miles of driving there is NO signs of leaking and by using the outer housing it allows the seal to be greased periodically as well. Ill keep track of it for awhile but I believe this will work out as another solution to the fellas that upgrade their shafts. :wrench:

• 4 weeks later...

Upgraded the positive battery cable to the starter this evening, turned out to be an hour+ job due to stripped theads on the silenoid :doh: Also got a small crack in my downpipe welded up, must have smacked it on something @ Rausch.

Warmer weather isnt too far off, gotta make sure its ready for some wheelin this summer. ;)