88 Comanche (My Style)..."The Blue Truck"

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well my next small project has finally made it home. Its just a stock hood off an 89 XJ right now but maybe with a custom cowl job and a set of YJ cowl vents and some new paint itll be right at home on this truck and aid in cooling on the trails and offroad excursions :wrench:

Also picked up a set of 4 Turbine rims, those will be cleaned up over time and eventually end up on my XJ :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm slowing down with tossing "small" things @ this truck and just enjoying it for alittle. I do have plans to replace the very tired clutch packs in the rear 44 which should hold me over for a good while with 31s. Besides getting to my hood sometime this fella is doing very well and I have no major changes lined up for him in the near future. :cheers:

270416_10150260276124834_658929833_7336615_2966256_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well Ive decided to take a less drastic approach to my hood build but when its finished itll still be an eye catcher just like my 1st 1 was :D

Got started laying out my markings for my vents tonight.

This is what I looking for when the vents are said and done

Then will come paint and another nice Hood Logo :wrench:

stay tuned! ;)

so...

what did you do to seal the gear lube into the diff? those alloy usa seals seal at the outside of the axle...and that won't work properly.

I cleaned up the new shafts free of any small burrs around where they ride in the seals, and filled the diff to spec, drove around for awhile then topped off the diff after the "extra" fluid had made it into the Right side axle tube, the only difference between running the exterior seals is that the axle shaft on that side is completly submerged in fluid, the tubes were cleaned out (I'm not mudbogger so that wasnt a bad deal) and Ive put over 300 miles on the truck since the install and Ive lost no fluid, those seals will hold just fine as long as you keep after em and grease them periodicly. Sure beats having to tear the internals back outta the front Diff. :wrench:

so...

what did you do to seal the gear lube into the diff? those alloy usa seals seal at the outside of the axle...and that won't work properly.

I cleaned up the new shafts free of any small burrs around where they ride in the seals, and filled the diff to spec, drove around for awhile then topped off the diff after the "extra" fluid had made it into the Right side axle tube, the only difference between running the exterior seals is that the axle shaft on that side is completly submerged in fluid, the tubes were cleaned out (I'm not mudbogger so that was a bad deal) and Ive put over 300 miles on the truck since the install and Ive lost no fluid, those seals will hold just fine as long as you keep after em and grease them periodicly. Sure beats having to tear the internals back outta the front Diff. :wrench:

yup ive got newer shafts with those same seals (except cooler black ones :D) and have had no issues. i know its not what they were intended for but they sure do a great job at it. you do need to clean out your tubes though. mine were filled with mud completely surrounding the shafts. not good. plus with the CAD opening its easy as $#!& to clean out the long side. i plated mine off after that. i also placed my grease nipples towards the truck not away because i still play in mud and that gets coated. plus it looks cleaner that way

back on topic, sweet vents. what are you going to do about a drip tray?

Got the vents in and Hood installed! jamminz.gif

Didnt turn out 2 bad for a spray job in the garage, and plus its functional which is what it was all about in the 1st place! :D Ill be getting another "jeep" logo done like my other hood for it as well. :cheers:

Next up is changine the fuel sender O ring :ack: and then getting my Limited slip clutch packs rebuilt in my D44 ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bought a Christmas present for my MJ and got it all setup :wrench:

378393_10150472725484834_658929833_8511030_82849696_n.jpg

Gonna mount the spare in the bed between the bars yet as well as another tool or so in the coming weeks. With myself cutting back on Racing I hope to get some good wheelin in next year :cheers:

The garage was rockin tonight jamminz.gif

More to come! :popcorn:

Well i havent been in here for awhile but i have made a minor change or 2 with my truck.

Its hard 2 tell where i was back in early September i can't seem 2 remember :roll:

Anyway i swapped all my front lenses out for aftermaket clear 1s yesterday and installed a set of Sylvania Siver Star bulbs in my Auto Pals. Other that that its been doing its job great and with my new job ill be making some decent money so I'm sure I'm not finished with it yet :D

are thise mesh guards on the headlight from a yj? can't seems to find any xj/mj specific ones these days

I found those on Ebay a few years ago. Havent been able to find anymore since then... idk if you could make YJ 1s fit since the mounting system is a bit different, but its always worth a try...

Will get another tool mounted on the roll bar tonight, stay tuned :wrench:

Fabbed up some mounts for the other bar and mounted up another tool for my expeditions :D

A simple hole in two exhaust clamps

alittle paint

two more bolts inserted up through and mounted to the bar

and Ta Da.....a custom roll bar mount

The bed mounted spare tire carrier is next :wrench: