88 Comanche (My Style)..."The Blue Truck"

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The way i see it, is these trucks were built for exploring in stock trim, so I don't feel the need to jack it way up and fit some monster tires underneath. Just slap on a slight lift, some aggressive tires, armor and lockers and go have at it! B)

Anyway, finished up the valve cover job this evening. Ready to go have some more fun!

• 1 month later...

Alrighty, its been alittle bit since Ive wrenched on this baby. Well with my Dana44 rear axle seals weeping for many months and with the York Jeep Nationals next month I finally decided to solve this issue. As usual a simple budget repair always gets out weighed by a chance to upgrade in my mind....Well this wasnt gonna be any different!

1044910_10151686178464834_1679782162_n.j

Yep thats right, Chromoly Shafts!

Ok, ill agree this may be a bit overkill for my application, but hey.....no use going through all that work for no upgrade! Muhahaha

New retraining plates are on their way, then ill get these suckers assembled and swapped out.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the shafts setup with new bearings and seals and installed them this week, Everything went together well except the studs, i had to swap a few of the oem studs over due to poor fitment with the 1s included with the shafts......Should be sealed and good to go for the York Jeep Show! 2 more weeks

:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Spent a few hours in the garage this evening. I got a free set of .75" spacers to help level my truck out alittle better so I figured id throw them on.

1st thing was i found this hiding under  my RF coil spring  :eek:  Thats a part of a broken spring! I'm surpised this never reaked any havoc on me over the years...

When it was all said and done, this it what left the garage. Looks better, not too much rake but just enough for it to still look like a truck :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went out and spent a couple hours in the mountains last evening with a few friends, Truck worked awesome and even got to save the day when my other 2 friends became stuck.....Haha  :thumbsup:

1390695_10152080302774834_2063777681_n.j

1017024_10152080302244834_1842513408_n.j

I plan to get an OBA Setup for this truck shortly after the 1st of the year ;)