Just a simple thank you....

CWLONGSHOT

Guys we all deserve a big pat on the back. Especially Pete for providing us the platform to talk and shoot the $#!& here.

I recently bought a little Mazda 323 for gas mileage back and forth to work. Less than a 20 mile round trip. Knowing what we have here, I did a search on a couple search engines and found a couple Mazda spec sties. I thought GREAT!!! Thinking of Comanche club only for Mazda's. WOAH was I ever WRONG!!!

My very first post I was flamed BY A ADMINISTRATOR!!!! I gave it right back to him saying something along the lines of "Nice coming form an admin no less..." Then I got a slightly more civilized, albeit lame, answer. But now nothing. Seems no one responds to any of my posts. But you can see from the counters there is some activity from some people at least reading them.

I started searches and find that most all new posters get the same treatment, short smart arsed answers.

I am SO GLAD none of that nonsense happens here!! We have fun pass on good information. Doesn't matter if your a total no-ob or a seasoned pro.

I just wanted to say I am proud to be a part of a great site like this. Cheers fellas, I tip my hat and raise my hand to all of you.

CW

I have been through the same in other places. I am very proud to be a part of this Club and will do all I can to keep it the way it is.

:cheers: Here's to ya Pete & Eagle ... and to all the folks here that make it great.

Just curious. Was it imazda.com or clubprotege.com ? I was on those sites, but now I'm selling my Protege because the MJ is more fun to drive.

clubprotege wasn't as bad... but my complaint is about mazda323performance.com.

http://mazda323performance.com/forum/index.php?f=74

Not a friendly feel at all, very little participation no "family" feel at all. I have at least three open threads with no responces for days and days....

CW

I have been through the same in other places. I am very proud to be a part of this Club and will do all I can to keep it the way it is.

:cheers: Here's to ya Pete & Eagle ... and to all the folks here that make it great.

Indeed :cheers:

Truth be told, I rarely participate on most car web sites for the same reason. I usually only check them out for a little bit and don't need to go back for a month or so. Totally not the case w/ comancheclub, this site is highly addictive and makes me want to rescue more MJ's!!

well.........Image Not Found.................... :teehee:

Well yes I most certainly agree, this be a good site and I feel as if I know everyone and as if we be in the shop having a few shooting the $h!T. :beerhead:

I signed up back a while before the site switched over to here and I have seen the site only grow better and better as time goes on. Seemed it was first just strictley tech talk and all that and compliments on rigs, but I really seeing it come to life with the BS talk that has seem to really bring the people on this site together, which is cool.

So I give cheers to all as well, and everyone give thanks to CW, he's the sensitive one that started this thread, may think hes a mean guy from the pics but he's just a big ol' teddy bear.. :teehee: Cheers man :cheers:

This place is like NAXJA was "in the beginning." In a way, it's probably a blessing there are so few MJs, because that means it's not likely we'll ever see the inundation of smart mouths that has ruined NAXJA in recent years.

Perhaps masochism (as in shared devotion to a dinosaur vehicle that was never more than an afterthought anyway) is a powerful common bond ...

Anyhoo, I second CWs thoughts and I join in hoping we can always keep it this way. And I also (again) thank Pete for making this place possible.

I'm with you about this. :cheers:

I also am on the Darkside daily so if I get out of hand just let me know. :brows:

This site is at a totally different level and I hope it stays that way.

I crave to learn hardcore tech so I am all over the web. Most places I need to weed out the BS posts to learn and broaden my knowledge.

Lately I'm studying desert rigs and their suspension designs. :D

I just hope this site stays the way it is now,but with even more tech. jamminz.gif

I also am on the Darkside daily so if I get out of hand just let me know. :brows:

Me too. I'm on NAXJA every day. It has gotten out of hand, but I consider a lot of the guys good friends.

Funny...I've heard a couple of people say, "What ever happened to Eagle?" And I say, "Oh, he's still around".

:D

i couldn't agree more to this whole post...Pete (with Eagle's help of course) has given us a GREAT site to learn from, and a great family atmosphere.

i was using camarov6forums or something like that for the simple fact that i've got a camaro v6 (go figure :roll: ) in my jeep. their response was less than enthusiastic and along the lines of "go back where you belong".

this place rocks jamminz.gif

I've been here awhile, and agree with all the above. There's a good blend of old-timers and new-comers here, the old-timers willing share their experience; the new guys suck it up and often show a better way. It's a specialized forum dedicated to the improvement of our MJs, and although we all choose to go in many directions to improve/modify/upgrade our respective rigs for our own respective goals, most every CC member listens, offers suggestions, and/or rags the posts (in a constructive way of course :D ) for the common good. I'll always be here, and will do my part as best I can to contribute to the common good of this super forum. :cheers:

And hey CW of-the North, thanks for starting this thread mate.

i agree with everything said. i may not know a whole lot of technical stuff, but i try to pitch in wherever i can. and thanks to everyone thats helped me out when i needed answers.

X2 :cheers:

And yes, this place is like a drug you can't get enough of. :chillin:

Me too. I'm on NAXJA every day. It has gotten out of hand, but I consider a lot of the guys good friends.

Funny...I've heard a couple of people say, "What ever happened to Eagle?" And I say, "Oh, he's still around".

I'm on NAXJA daily also. Like Eagle said it was much better in the begining. I was a member in late 1999, in about 2002 the server crashed and lost 3000 posts of mine. It was much better back then...

Thats why this is my favorite board for general discussions and everyday use. I feel like I know some of you. :D

The main thing you don't hear on this site is "Use the search Button". On this site someone will search for you and post the link. jamminz.gif

It takes just as long to answer as it does to post that lame response.

I don't know how to or if you can, multi-quote :hmm: ,......... anyway.....Yea, one site I WAS going to for my car, I got slammed/flamed by one particular individual every time I posted a question or comment (isn't that what the site was for anyway??) or was told to search (even though I had mentioned that I had done a search). NEVER has that happened here. jamminz.gif

Hey Jeepco, you gave me an idea, a HEMI powered MJ :brows: in honor of your Bowtie MJ.....lol. I doubt it would fit but the neighborhood Jeep-Chrysler Dealer SHOULD have all the parts needed (including the bumper sticker)......lol

Ill be honest, I use several different forums, and the best ones are the ones that do not show a post count and do not charge much for membership. One of the ones I am on does not even note the difference between a paid member and a subscriber. Keeps people from judging intellect based on post count.

Here I have like 30odd posts, on Naxja I have over 800. By most peoples forum distinctions, here I know nothing, and there I am a pro.

I prefer this forum, but the volume is a lot higher there.