Why do MJ owners switch the front clip?

I like the newer clip on a street truck... But I think a wheeler better deserves the old one. Nothing says class like 80's styling.

Good point.

The front bumper is the best part of the newer front end. Eliminates that flimsy valance trim on the pre-97s. Doesn't look too bad combined with the older header panel and some chopped fenders and flares:

5364_1.JPG

Nothing says class like 80's styling.

Thats why I'm considering getting a perm and a sport coat to wear when i am cruising/wheeling in my comanche.

Not me I gotta get a mullet and a carefully ripped sleeveless sweater with some acid washed jeans and big white high tops.

I think some people change the front clip, because it basically what might have been had the comanche not been axed like it was. Could you imagine having a '99,'00,or'01 Comanche. Now that would be awesome. That's my opinion. I might do mine someday, but I just happy to have one.

I like the 2500 (Asian cherokee) clip seen it done looks bad @$$.

To do the 97+ right you need fenders, nose piece, all the lights, grill, bumber, and hed light trim.

you can mount the 97+ grill, but would have to fab it in a bit to fit the mounts. The 97+ front bumper will work, but you will have to get the 97+ mount brackets too. The bumper ends are different and wraparound the front fenders, you would either need to trim the fenders or trim the bumper caps to make it fit.

I like the 2500 (Asian cherokee) clip seen it done looks bad @$$.

To do the 97+ right you need fenders, nose piece, all the lights, grill, bumber, and hed light trim.

The 2500 front ends are worth 40+ HP instead of 30+ because of the extra scalerotryanmics :D

Nope, if I was to change the front clip, it would be to the classic retro Waggy quad lights & grille.

Image Not Found

hmmmmmmmmm amc17.jpg

That blue MJ would look pretty damn nice if it didn't have 1" tubes for the friggin rollbar. And it needs to be black. Gotta say though, those turbine wheels never lose their appeal.

Nope, if I was to change the front clip, it would be to the classic retro Waggy quad lights & grille.

Image Not Found

hmmmmmmmmm amc17.jpg

Nice find! It's been about ten years now but when I first joined JU there was a pic floating around of an MJ with the waggy grille and wood siding very unusual!