J&W Auto Wreckers from Antelope CA -> Any Experience?

SuperWade2

Be prepared to pay out the nose. Or some other orifice. Like to the tune of $750 for an MJ Dana 35.

If they can find me a pristine White Tailgate, I'll prepare whichever oriface they want to extract my $$$ from... Well OK, maybe not ANY...

Davey's Jeep in Ohio is not too bad, but last I checked they only had 2 MJs, and are trying to sell on as a fixable, so only parting 1. They do have about 100 XJs and about the same number of CJs/YJs. A few older Wagoneers as well.

But shipping to CA would probably kill the price.

Be prepared to pay out the nose. Or some other orifice. Like to the tune of $750 for an MJ Dana 35.

X2 I looked them up as well and called them for some some interiour $#!& and wow, charge you like it was new and shiping would of killed me on top of all of it.

Short vacation for me, it's only 66.5 miles away. :D

jerk.

:P

bring the digi-cam

Hey, is that any way to treat a fellow MJer? ;)

I don't hold it against you that you have an actual area to work on your MJ, unlike some of us.:cry:

I'll defiantly post pics once I make it up there. :cheers:

jerk.

bring the digi-cam

I don't hold it against you that you have an actual area to work on your MJ, unlike some of us.:cry:

Not to mention live in a state where whole MJ's are givin' away or sold for under $500 all day long.

jerk.

bring the digi-cam

Mike,

If they let you in let me know, last time I asked I was told "we are not a pick and pull". That being said I have bought a few things from them all delivered fast. I usually buy things you can't buy new anymore and need them to be rust free.

Not to mention live in a state where whole MJ's are givin' away or sold for under $500 all day long.

haha.

you can't find MJ's up here for that cheap. I can, but you can't :P

(the key is that i actively look for them everywhere i drive, i make sure to connect with people who may know where they are, etc...but the average person still pays out the nose for one).

sorry for the hostility...i just want an mj parts house that close to me...

I called them once. Though they might charge out the @$$, and they didn't have the part I needed. They spent half an hour on the phone with me on their dime trying to help me out. They were friendly, attentive and extremely helpful to the best of their ability. I wouldn't hesitate calling them again if I had to.

Well, no dice for the 4 or 5 things that I emailed them about....

"Dear Jeep/Scout/AMC owner,

We do not have the parts that you are looking for at this time. We have new inventory arriving daily so please check back with us again soon. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you.

J & W Auto Wreckers'

They are super nice guys. Yes they are expensive, partly because they have to deal with so much environmental bull$#!&. Their stock of over 20 MJ's are all very clean. They have a very large selection of all jeeps. Bought a 100% clean bed from them. Shipped it. Will be back there in a couple of weeks for a few bits and pieces.