MAD

92comanche4x4

WEll I'm 15 and have my comanche but ive gottton suspended from school 4 times this whole year and now my dad is gona make me sell my truck. AND every thing i paid for on the truck i got a job detailing car.they don't have a dime into it i paid insurance because i have a permit and drive it i paid for the plates on it when i first bought it. What do you guys think?

I think anything that takes your mind off school at this point in your life should be set aside... Trust me when your my age and getting your a$$ kicked in algebra you'll look back and say,,,,, wtf was I thinking..

You really need to asset your priorities now.. vehicles come and go,, but that free education your getting right now will place you in society in the future... don't waste it..

If you want my opinion, concentrate on your schooling. School will stick with you for the rest of your life. Your truck won't, even though you want it to just like I do. :D

Buckle down and get your schooling back in line. If it makes your Parents happy you might have a shot at keeping your truck.

I learned long ago that even though I didnt think he was right, I should have listened to my Dad when he tried to give me advice or lead me in the right direction. Trust me on this one...

Probably echos your Dad's words and its not what you are looking forward to hear... :roll:

Just cool yourself down for the night and re-evaluate things when the morning comes. Its in your best interest to not try and hide things from your Parents as well.

Been there - Done that.

I like what you have done with your truck. It looks great. Take it easy.

- Brent

the thing is ive passed almost all my classes and have all passing grade and the things were stupid having my cell phone,fight,missed 2 detentions and got suspended for that.

Well man I know how it is, but you got to play by their rules.. Learn how to make the system work for you. Swallow your pride and just do it.. $500 MJ had some good words of wisdom.. sleep on it and tomorrow re-evaluate your options.. Talk it over with your folks in a mature way.. don't get hot headed,, maybe you can talk about it with your schools admin.. and come up with a good plan of action..

haha i remember when i lived in oregon. i used to spend a lot of time in the principles office and in iss (in school suspension). my freshman man year, while i was at school, which wasn't too often, those were the two places i spent the rest of the school year. i was suspended from school quite a few times. i was causing all kinds of problem, my dad was always threating me with stuff, and all that junk, was failing all my classes. then i moved and pulled my head out of my @$$ and buckled down moving in the right track.

i still hate high school though. i'd rather be working.

haha i remember when i lived in oregon. i used to spend a lot of time in the principles office and in iss (in school suspension). my freshman man year, while i was at school, which wasn't too often, those were the two places i spent the rest of the school year. i was suspended from school quite a few times. i was causing all kinds of problem, my dad was always threating me with stuff, and all that junk, was failing all my classes. then i moved and pulled my head out of my @$$ and buckled down moving in the right track.

i still hate high school though. i'd rather be working.

id rather work to ive worked scince i was like 9 riden my tractor around mowin lawns bringen in like 50 bucks a day chargin like 10 bucks a lawn that paid for my first boat and i just keep workin hard on stuff buyin and sellin boat motors I'm 15 and have already owned goin on my 4th boat and 3rd vehical

perfect timing for your new leaf springs :wall:

yup i know but hope fully i don't have to sell it go suspended for somthing so stupid i think that if all my grades are passing and i get suspended ground me off somthing and not make me sell the truck i think thats a lil extream. i just think they want me to get somthing that looks nicer like the blazer i had? i don't no anymore

As much as it hurts sometimes you just have to pay to play. or play by the rules. I was very fortunate that my p's paid for half of my insurance, all gas, and repairs to the first car I had. Then again that came with a catch. I had to drive my 2 bro's around to doctor appointment's and other stuff like that. Along with the rules of a curfew, not getting into trouble, and good grades. It was so worth it. because by my first year of college I was able to buy a bran new off the dealership lot 2000 grand am GT4dr. And that I had enough money saved up to put 2k down on it and make the $300 per/month payment.

It can be tough, but at 15 you are still under your parents control. I realize that you have worked hard to get what you have and I greatly repsect you for that, but the fact remains that they are your parents, it's there house and they make the rules so you are going to have to try to be nice and see if you can work out a comprimise with them. If there is no comprimise and you have really sscrewed up way too much, then it's time to take your punishment as they see fit and learn a hard lesson from it...and believe me...these are words from one who has been there / done that. I was a terrible child to my parents, always in trouble, disrespecting them, fighting in school etc, etc... and I regret it all every day now. I can't do enough or say enough about how I love my parents and wish I had listened to them a lot more when I was your age.

Moral = Do the right/adult thing...take responsibility for your actions.

It can be tough, but at 15 you are still under your parents control. I realize that you have worked hard to get what you have and I greatly repsect you for that, but the fact remains that they are your parents, it's there house and they make the rules so you are going to have to try to be nice and see if you can work out a comprimise with them. If there is no comprimise and you have really sscrewed up way too much, then it's time to take your punishment as they see fit and learn a hard lesson from it...and believe me...these are words from one who has been there / done that. I was a terrible child to my parents, always in trouble, disrespecting them, fighting in school etc, etc... and I regret it all every day now. I can't do enough or say enough about how I love my parents and wish I had listened to them a lot more when I was your age.

Moral = Do the right/adult thing...take responsibility for your actions.

^^^ He said it much better than I could have. The bottom line is -- until you are 18 years of age, your parents are legally responsible for you and your actions. Their house = their rules. You have already had four suspensions THIS year? The school year is only 2/3 finished. You have to really work to get four suspensions in less than one school year. To you, the punishment may sound extreme. To me, who somehow managed to make it through four years of high school without a single detention, let alone suspension, it sounds to me like you don't have much respect for rules, and perhaps your parents think you need some help in coming to grips with that.

I agree that many rules in high school are stupid. When you get out of school, you'll find that many of the laws in society are stupid. But they are the laws, and we break them at our own risk. Those who continually try to justify breaking laws because the laws are stupid usually end up with prison records and a lot less cash in their pockets than they might otherwise have. All actions have consequences. I think your parents are trying to teach you that.

I agree with most of the other guys .... stop getting into trouble and start being more responsible.

If you wouldn't have been screwing around in the first place, you wouldn't be faced with loosing your truck.

But, since you are in this situation .... sit down with your Pops and make a deal with him ... he only takes the truck away temporarily .... if you stay out of trouble, you get it back.

And most importantly .... be respectful to your parents.

You got off easy. You went from having no truck at all to no truck for just a month. What you need to see and respect from this situation is that your father is giving you another chance to prove you are mature enough to be responsible and make the most of the opportunity he has given you. As noted by someone else, 4!! suspensions in a school year is a lot, and I'd venture to say the severity of the punishment given to you by the school, and your parents for that matter, are based on the fact these are not the first acts of disrespect for authority you have shown.

Enough of that though, we are not here to be your surrogate parents and pile on the beat down. Except for a few other members that are still in what I would consider their impressionable (i.e. haven't had enough life experience yet) years of their lives, the overwhelming majority of guys here are telling you from experience that they went through a similar phase in their life, be it for a year or several years, including me. Now, having lived life a reasonable amount of time, IMO @25yrs old and up, they've experienced enough actions and re-actions on how they have lived their life to be able to reflect upon it and offer some constructive critiscism to the next generations.

I know it's all preachy, but think about it, this same situation has been going on since the beginning of time. So, you're not expected to be perfect because nobody else has figured it all out yet either, i.e. the parent/child relationship thing, and never will. After all of that crap I mumbo jumbo I said above I can sum up what I'm trying to say like this: give respect where respect is due (your parents etc.), take responsibility for your actions, don't make the same mistakes over and over.

This is WahooSteeler...........OUT. soapbox.gif