What are your plans for the $1.5 BILLION? Go big!

NHMJXJ

I’d probably buy that 4cyl comanche near you for a summertime daily driver. Pay off my debt, buy a couple of the larger parcels of land around town. Have Moonstone timber frame build me a house. Actually two, a house for my wife on one parcel and a cabin for me on another with a decent sized steel building so l can build my own rigs in all the free time I’ll have.

Take the $800 M cash payout (I doubt I’ll be around another 29 years to take the annual payout option), pay the taxes, put $10 M to $20 M in the bank (to have a little “walking around” money), take care of my kids/grandkids/great-grandkids/sister/brother, then set up a charitable foundation to benefit: churches and missionaries, scholarship funds, medical care for families without insurance, children’s hospitals, cancer research, Alzheimer’s research, homes for disabled veterans, etc.

a million to invest in property. 

a million for projects now and down the road. 

buy every single house on the other side of the creek and tear it all down and put the trees back. 

then start donating til it runs out.

Let's say 50% to gov to be conservative. So with 775 mil there is no way I need that.

1. Pay off debts

2. Keep maybe 5-10 million for myself and build businesses

3. Give 1 million each to family/friends

4. Donate donate donate

But, I too, would have to buy a ticket :shhh:

I wouldn't tell a soul.  Like@MiNi Beast, I'd sit on it for a while.

I'd seek out that law firm that represented the last big winner, so as to collect anonymously, and take the cash option (which, by the way is

about half BEFORE taxes).  Then I'd let the dust settle, the world knowing it's been claimed.

Meanwhile I'd set a up a trust with a group of named benefactors (family and true friends) who would receive "enough" to meet unexpected expenses. I don't want anyone to hurt so I'd make sure they're covered in times of need, but extraordinary sums of money can do more harm than good.      

Thereafter I'd ease into retirement from work and practice anonymous philanthropy for fully vetted causes. 

And of course, buy an island and some really cool beach, trail and ocean crafts to escape to a few weeks each year!  

It's up to $1,600,000,000 and I have a ticket.  :L: 

There's a little ramshackle place up the road from my house that a nice older lady started a cat rescue operation out of (Smitty's Cat Rescue).  It would anonymously become the most premier cat shelter operation on the planet courtesy of a random donation.  Other than that, Mjeff87 and his wife and four cats would cease to exist anywhere.  Anywhere. :brows: I'll leave the garage door unlocked....you all  can have all the tools in it, and the beer left in the fridge.

ok, change of plans.  since I'd probably be moving my folks into something better anyways, I'll skip anything with the sub behind them and start buying up more and more land so it can't be turned into subs.  more public parks = better.  :D