Well, damn....

mjeff87

As of 0945 this morning, I got the covids.  Rapid test, so they followed up with a PCR to confirm...should have those results tomorrow hopefully.  I honestly think its a false positive, I feel absolutely fine.  No fever, not sick at all, no loss of olfactory senses.  Oh well, I get a 14 day paid vacation from work.:laugh:

If I really do have the coof, I give it a solid "meh".

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Pete M said:

lol.  'cause krusty needs that singular data point to justify some life decisions.  :laugh:

go get your shots.  there's no good reason not to.

Wasnt there something about a couple people getting covid even after being vaccination..so thats a reason...:dunno:

I'm still not and everyone around has got it. :shhh:

being vaccinated helps your body fight it faster and thus prevent serious complications and shortens the time you are contagious.  it doesn't make you the boy in the bubble. 

if you have tested positive, you should be wearing a mask inside your house and trying to distance yourself from your wife for a few days.  just because you might have gotten a good roll of the dice doesn't mean she will also.

there's no good reason to not get your shots. 

My folks are in their 80s and both got delta variant.  They had their shots.  They both pulled through.  Many of their friends in the same age group didn't get shots before getting hit.  Not one of them made it.

Regardless, I hope it's a false positive.  If not, I wish you the best.

I had it here a couple of weeks ago. I lost my sense of taste and smell, still don’t have it back. The rest of my family had it too. For us, it felt like a head cold. No shot for us either, we know more people who have had it that have the shot and boosters than those who don’t. 
I will add though, the shot definitely does have its place. 

there's no good reason to not get your shots. 

it is safe, and it is effective at keeping you safe. 

please stop getting your healthcare info from non-healthcare people.  ask your doctor and listen to him/her.

While I have my thoughts on being forced to do things by Big Gummit, I think not getting the shot is strongly ill-advised and I'm not at all ashamed of saying it. I can't believe this has become a political issue. Yeah, the shot probably won't prevent you from contracting it in the first place. Yeah, I felt like $#!& the day after I got my second shot and my booster. 85% of people who end up in the hospital with Covid aren't vaccinated.

Why are people listening to Facebook and "politicians" instead of doctors?

For the sake of polite conversation, that's where I'll stop.

Just now, JMO413 said:

Heart issues.

Would you like my full opinion? Or are we ok with agreeing to disagree.

Let's hear it.  Adults talk is ok if we are sensible and respectful. :popcorn:

I personally sleep outside for my immunity boost. To get a shot they were offering money to do so, goes against my personal convictions and beliefs of the separation of government and the people. Not political at all just life from my experiences. 

3 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

I personally sleep outside for my immunity boost. To get a shot they were offering money to do so, goes against my personal convictions and beliefs of the separation of government and the people. Not political at all just life from my experiences. 

if you don't like big Guv, you can totally leave them out of it. :L:   there are places down here that will gladly give you a shot with no paperwork or questions asked.  you get protection and the government doesn't know a thing about it.  :D

16 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

My oldest son had it, my wife is currently recovering from it, and the guy I sit beside at work had it. I still haven't. I have over a 99% change of living through it if I do get it.

If it's my time to go it's my time to go.

If the government will pay you to get it I'm going to pass!  Totally agreeing with mini on this one. Nothing is ever FREE!!

22 minutes ago, Pete M said:

if you don't like big Guv, you can totally leave them out of it. :L:   there are places down here that will gladly give you a shot with no paperwork or questions asked.  you get protection and the government doesn't know a thing about it.  :D

Thats cool except they gots my dna off the syringe. :teehee:

8 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

My oldest son had it, my wife is currently recovering from it, and the guy I sit beside at work had it. I still haven't. I have over a 99% change of living through it if I do get it.

If it's my time to go it's my time to go.

If the government will pay you to get it I'm going to pass!  Totally agreeing with mini on this one. Nothing is ever FREE!!

Some folks are strongly immuned..just as well as some are more prone to certain things. I think if you know yourself enough then you can make your own decisions about it. (Adults) 

Objectively I am a low risk and say give it to someone else at higher risk .  

Side note, air is free so hurray for those with big noses. :roflmao:

• Pete M locked this topic