Well, damn....

mjeff87

that's 99.7% are not dyingpleeease stop sharing that stat as if 99.7% of all people will be perfectly fine in a week.  death is but one of the ways this illness will mess you up.  it's looking like 10-20% that got it are now under the long covid umbrella.  I'm not dead.  but my life was stolen 20 years now after a spat with mono that caused a similar hiccup in my immune system.  there are hundreds of thousands of people in this country staring at that path.  it suuuucks.  stole my brain and stole my life.  do not skip over those people as if they are going to be "fine".  I imagine they would disagree. 

1 hour ago, AZJeff said:

However, the way this vaccine has been rolled out and presented to the population is a case study in government incompetence at it’s finest.

agreed.  we'd be in a whole different world if the last administration had handled it differently.  and the current administration is trying to catch up and failing miserably.  but I do feel a bit bad for them.  the misinformation is rampant and hard to reverse.  :(

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a small observation on my part. I’m vaccinated w/booster and I have friends choosing to remain unvaccinated. Now their dead. Not all of them, yet. What I’m being told is they died of pneumonia not COVID. I guess that’s it. I’m not going to argue with their loved ones.

5 minutes ago, FrankTheDog said:

Answer me this, why are they limiting the use of Ivermectin and Hydroclhoroquin if they work so well at keeping it from getting worse when you do catch it?

because they don't do crap in an actual double blind study. 

Letmesee:

Human Beings worldwide have suddenly started Dying

in large numbers, for the past two years , from the COVID 19 virus.

*The COVID 19 Vaccine will prevent most-to-all Human Beings from Dying.

*The US is, Now approaching -- 1 MILLION COVID 19 Human Being Deaths.

*Most of those Deaths could have been prevented.

*Most of those DEAD Human Beings were Not Vaccinated for the COVID 19 Virus.

*The Majority of all Human Beings want - TO LIVE.

Conclusion:

Being Vaccinated will help the Human Being's body to fight the COVID 19 Virus.

youngfred

19 hours ago, Pete M said:

death is but one of the ways this illness will mess you up.  it's looking like 10-20% that got it are now under the long covid umbrella.  ....  there are hundreds of thousands of people in this country staring at that path.  it suuuucks.  stole my brain and stole my life.  do not skip over those people as if they are going to be "fine". 

Can you point me to a legitimate source for the statistic of 10-20%?   I know there have been "a few" cases of weird aftereffects from Covid, but I have NOT heard of any statistical number being documented and publicized.

3 hours ago, youngfred said:

Human Beings worldwide have suddenly started Dying

in large numbers, for the past two years , from the COVID 19 virus.

*The COVID 19 Vaccine will prevent most-to-all Human Beings from Dying.

*Most of those DEAD Human Beings were Not Vaccinated for the COVID 19 Virus.

Conclusion:

Being Vaccinated will help the Human Being's body to fight the COVID 19 Virus.

youngfred

The part in black is incorrect.  I "may" prevent death, but it is NOT certain, especially if there are serious co-morbidities.

The part red is STATISTICALLY INCORRECT.  The majority of Covid deaths occurred in the first 14 months of the pandemic, as the below chart shows.  We didn't even reach 50% vaccination rates among the US population until mid-2021coronavirus-data-explorer.png.3ddca895945e992ef9e7fd6acbd0cc39.png

10 minutes ago, Pete M said:

OK.  I looked at the charts in the journal.pmed.  (I don't consider NPR an unbiased scientific source, so I skipped them.)

You ARE correct that there are some long term effects.  The most common one is "anxiety".   As a suffered from anxiety myself, I will not dismiss this as not an issue, but HOW MUCH of the anxiety is brought on by our government's fear-mongering that I mentioned originally?

I also notice that many of the symptoms listed for "long covid" can also occur in influenza survivors, too. (The rate is not as high with influenza victims, notably.)   My point is that nobody carries on about "long flu", and yet it's also a possiblity for influenza survivors.   

We must balance the realities here.  Covid is serious, but it's not the 21st century version of the bubonic plague.

I'm an influenza surviour. Got it after the last flu shot i ever received. Temp to 104 and taken full alcohol baths to save me from ammonia. Bad experience in my life and since have and will not take any shots of any kinds or visit hospital for any reason willing. 

I work in a hospital and have been on COVID meetings almost daily since this all started. We are a small rural hospital but we have a very high tourist rate because of being in a ski town. Several weeks ago our county was one of the highest incidence % per 100k in the country. What I can say from seeing it on the front line has been this. 

-Deaths are unvaccinated or due to severe comorbidities that COVID exacerbated. We have a small number of deaths ~500 since 2020 but total population is about <20k.  That number is very fluid because of people owning multiple homes. I'd say there is closer to 10k full time in the county. Vaccinated deaths are 0. Yes a low % but honestly no one has been able to put out clean data. 

-Children are getting hit hard right now. My wife used to work in the PICU at Children's Hospital in Denver and has several friend that still do. They are at capacity in the PICU with pediatric covid cases as of yesterday. Several of those kiddos won't make it, but a  few also have other issues.  In my hospital they are having to divert every single hospitalized child because the cases are so severe and we do not have the equipment. Since Denver hospitals are at capacity it's not looking good for where they are able to go. We had a 6 month old triaged and airlifted out. 

-We lost some staff due to a mandatory vaccination requirement it was about 2% mainly support services, not clinical. I lost a few staff, one was going to retire and didn't believe in COVID. Other was either going to be fired because of issues or this. There was a nurse that refused and ended up getting it and passed within a week. She was in her 30s no comorbidities. Other wise no clinical people left. 

-We had went from not having any hospitalized patients (we had 8 through all of 2021) to being at capacity. Before we would divert majority of the patients we had mainly because of our resources and availability at the larger the hospitals. 

-Almost 10% of our clinical staff is out due to being sick. For a week our ED was almost non existent until the state provided us some travel nurses. People are being turned away unless it's emergent. 

-This is no longer a pandemic and needs to be treated as an epidemic. COVID isn't going anywhere.

-Long term affects are still being studied but the trend is long term affects are more prevalent in unvaxxed. 

-Everyone will more than likely get it regardless of vax or not. Symptoms are going to vary and so are outcomes. 

Personally, I'm done with it and beyond frustrated with people thinking they are medical professionals getting their news from Joe Rogan's dumb @$$. Really I don't care what people want to do, but if you don't want to listen to modern medicine don't ask to use it when the time comes. Go to Joe's house. I also don't think the government need's to meddle with it. I hate politics and really they can all F off. To Pete's point hospitals are limited and it really is sad that it's starting to be a pick and choose scenario but I guess that's cost of freedom?  

11 minutes ago, Smokeyyank said:

I work in a hospital and have been on COVID meetings almost daily since this all started. We are a small rural hospital but we have a very high tourist rate because of being in a ski town. Several weeks ago our county was one of the highest incidence % per 100k in the country. What I can say from seeing it on the front line has been this. 

-Deaths are unvaccinated or due to severe comorbidities that COVID exacerbated. We have a small number of deaths ~500 since 2020 but total population is about <20k.  That number is very fluid because of people owning multiple homes. I'd say there is closer to 10k full time in the county. Vaccinated deaths are 0. Yes a low % but honestly no one has been able to put out clean data. 

-Children are getting hit hard right now. My wife used to work in the PICU at Children's Hospital in Denver and has several friend that still do. They are at capacity in the PICU with pediatric covid cases as of yesterday. Majority of those kiddos won't make it. In my hospital they are having to divert every single hospitalized child because the cases are so severe and we do not have the equipment. Since Denver hospitals are at capacity it's not looking good for where they are able to go. We had a 6 month old triaged and airlifted out. 

-We lost some staff due to a mandatory vaccination requirement it was about 2% mainly support services, not clinical. I lost a few staff, one was going to retire and didn't believe in COVID. other was either going to be fired because of issues or this. There was a nurse that refused and ended up getting it and passed within a week. She was in her 30s no comorbidities. Other wise no clinical people left. 

-We had went from not having any hospitalized patients (we had 8 through all of 2021) to being at capacity. 

-Almost 10% of our clinical staff is out due to being sick. For a week our ED was almost non existent until the state provided us some travel nurses. People are being turned away unless it's emergent. 

-This is no longer a pandemic and needs to be treated as an epidemic. COVID isn't going anywhere.

-Long term affects are still being studied but the trend is long term affects are more prevalent in unvaxxed. 

-Everyone will more than likely get it regardless of vax or not. Symptoms are going to vary and so are outcomes. 

Personally, I'm done with it and beyond frustrated with people thinking they are medical professionals getting their news from Joe Rogan's dumb @$$. Really I don't care what people want to do, but if you don't want to listen to modern medicine don't ask to use it when the time comes. Go to Joe's house. I also don't think the government need's to meddle with it. I hate politics and really they can all F off. To Pete's point hospitals are limited and it really is sad that it's starting to be a pick and choose scenario but I guess that's cost of freedom?  

Very insightful. Thanks for sharing and as well, thank you for working on the front line. Very commendable to stand in your convictions. :beerchug:

So what I'm gathering is the shot is more of an aide to help combat the effectiveness of covid itself and with the booster shots for the varieties of variants, will aide in the long term effectiveness of battling covid..?? 

SciShow does a decent job of breaking it down.  though this vid might be more in depth than you're looking for right now, but it'll answer a bunch of questions (and likely bring forth more questions. lol. biology is complicated.) 

3 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

Very insightful. Thanks for sharing and as well, thank you for working on the front line. Very commendable to stand in your convictions. :beerchug:

So what I'm gathering is the shot is more of an aide to help combat the effectiveness of covid itself and with the booster shots for the varieties of variants, will aide in the long term effectiveness of battling covid..?? 

Thank you, but can't take the credit of docs, nurses and everyone else patient facing.  I'm removed from the trenches. Just figured I'd share what I deal with daily and not from the news. 

For the most part correct. The goal is just trying to eliminate the large spread, not the entire spread. Virus can't survive without a host so in narrowing the ability to infect you curtail the ability to mutate. 

Just wondering about my fellow Human Beings

who suffer - Big Govt. paranoia or other Black 

Helicopter visions/flashbacks, coming for you,

with Syringes

and Microchips,

craving your DNA

and getting - all into

your - bidness...

All y'all - (plural), sent back and returned

your Stimulus Check(s),

Right ???

youngfred

7 hours ago, youngfred said:

Just wondering about my fellow Human Beings

who suffer - Big Govt. paranoia or other Black 

Helicopter visions/flashbacks, coming for you,

with Syringes

and Microchips,

craving your DNA

and getting - all into

your - bidness...

All y'all - (plural), sent back and returned

your Stimulus Check(s),

Right ???

youngfred

Claim what you want. Still, I did not get any of the stimulus checks. People who made as much or more did. I claimed one week of unemployment out of the three weeks I was off. No shots, no Covid as far as I know. Some around me who have had the booster were very sick. 

These guys did:

Convicted murderers, sex traffickers received COVID stimulus checks while in prison, court docs show | Fox News

Also, where did the money go to 'upgrade' schools for Covid?  Yeah. Where did it go to save small businesses?  I tired to stay out of this. Also, how many flu cases (deaths) were claimed as Covid? I am aware of one. 

ok, so we're starting to get off the rails now.  I think most everyone has said their piece so I'm going to lock it.  

the shot is safe, the shot is effective.  no good reason not to get it. 

MJeff, be sure to keep us posted on how you're doing. :L: 

• Pete M locked this topic