Pete M

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/6/2021 at 6:27 PM, ogjeep said:

I think the body kit belongs exclusively on Street Comanches to preserve the value and not dilute what they are. But i do think a new version will be showing up in the near future. Stay tuned... 

Well, any updates?

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

@Dzimm, do you have any updates on the truck?

Still waiting on the title.  The state finally sent me the bond form this week and I got the bond taken care of and sent back so I should have a title soon. 

About a month ago the city code guy decided to make a trip down our alleyway behind my shop and sent me a letter saying I have to put the truck in a building or get it reassembled and tags on it because it violates the junk vehicle ordinance.  Why he ever drove back there in the first place is beyond me, only my neighbor and I use the alleyway and its not visible unless you are directly behind my shop.  There is an old lady down the street from us though that thinks she is vigilantly code and law enforcement so she may have decided to make a trip down there and reported it.  

I put the front end on it so its complete but I can't really do much about tags until the state finishes everything on their end.  I told the code guy I could swap it for my red truck but its the same make and model so the only difference is paint color and a plate and thus pointless.  I told him it doesn't make sense to put the more valuable truck outside and if I had to do that I would put a cover on the red truck so I might as well just put a cover over the street MJ instead.  With that logic he gave me an extension and said we will revisit where I am at with the tags on January 15th.  

Either way its just a stupid case.  At this point I'm about to put the plates from my red truck on it so he can shove the case up his....   

• 2 weeks later...

After 8 months I finally have the title and plates in hand!!  My plan is this spring/summer to work on the motor and get it to at least run and maybe go as far as move under its own power.  I will slowly pick away at fixing it up but I am in no hurry at all, I've got other projects I want to put ahead of this and I am trying to free up some space and funds so if anyone is seriously interested in buying it shoot me a message as I am willing to sell it as is now or at any point in the future.  I will only sell this to someone who actually knows what it is and plans on restoring it so keep that in mind.  

Next question is, do I leave the airdam on my red truck or pull it off to go with #96?  I'm leaning towards pulling it off to pair with #96 and using the S10 airdams I've got to make something for the red truck.  The big resistance point I have is that #96 needs a bunch of work and the red truck built to be a repro/mod street MJ is essentially done.  I need to make up my mind though because the red truck is going up for sale..

On 12/30/2021 at 12:33 PM, Dzimm said:

Next question is, do I leave the airdam on my red truck or pull it off to go with #96?  I'm leaning towards pulling it off to pair with #96 and using the S10 airdams I've got to make something for the red truck.  The big resistance point I have is that #96 needs a bunch of work and the red truck built to be a repro/mod street MJ is essentially done.  I need to make up my mind though because the red truck is going up for sale..

Not sure what your red truck is but if you have a SC airdam at your disposal, I think that it should go on a SC.

On 1/3/2022 at 8:35 AM, Goose_XJ88 said:

Not sure what your red truck is but if you have a SC airdam at your disposal, I think that it should go on a SC.

For reference here is the red truck.  The airdam on it is off of #7, which unfortunately met the junkyard and probably crusher a while back.  I painted it black, which ironically matches #96 so I suppose it was a sign.  It just looks damn good on the red truck.

IMG_20200925_154203.jpg

IMG_20200925_154351.jpg

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

Test drive yet? :comanche:

Not unless you consider pushing it a few feet a test drive..  I haven't gotten any work done on it yet aside from making it "compliant" with city vehicle code.  I'll be doing some work on it after it gets warmed up.  Have some bigger things I need to take care of first, big one is fix the transmission on the Journey.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 7:27 PM, ogjeep said:

I think the body kit belongs exclusively on Street Comanches to preserve the value and not dilute what they are. But i do think a new version will be showing up in the near future. Stay tuned... 

Hi ogjeep, what do you mean that one will be showing up in the near future and to stay tuned?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...