Pete M

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

it appears to have been stripped of all the good stuff and has no title, but it's for sale in Iowa apparently.  that's all I know. 

I would like to know more please.

it wasn't a for sale post, just a share of a post from a guy saying that someone in his jeep club was selling it. 

does this work?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/553063848131666/permalink/3529716320466389/?comment_id=3588877067883647&reply_comment_id=3588916021213085&notif_id=1620148162996805&ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment_mention

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

it wasn't a for sale post, just a share of a post from a guy saying that someone in his jeep club was selling it. 

does this work?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/553063848131666/permalink/3529716320466389/?comment_id=3588877067883647&reply_comment_id=3588916021213085&notif_id=1620148162996805&ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment_mention

Ha I had just found it and was coming over with the link.  I messaged the guy who posted about it.  Well see what I hear back.

I was able to track the post back further and found I believe the original post by the owner.  I messaged the owner directly so we will see what happens.

It looks like it may be located in Northwest Iowa near Anthon.

It's definitely in pretty bad shape but it may be repairable, I'll have to look over it real good.  The story I know so far is the current owner bought it from a farmer a few years ago with the intention of using it as a Tough Truck.  He didn't end up doing anything with it so it sat.  Before that it had sat in the farmer's field for around 10 years and the farmer had the title for it however he had lost it some years ago.  Unfortunately the farmer has since passed away but I will see what I can do about getting the title for it.  Regardless I will document everything I can on it and save whatever parts I can, I'm hoping there are some of the body kit parts buried in the bed but I'm not holding out too much hope there.

31 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

someone really should make re pro one off body moldings. this makes me really want a street comanche hopefully there is an old broken down one with the body kit to totally restore

I've actually looked at doing that with the airdam I have but the only cost effective way is making them out of fiberglass and even that isn't going to be cheap.  It would also be hard to make a mold for all the different surfaces.  The side pieces wouldn't be so bad.

The original aordams were a thick rubbery material that would require special machinery to reproduce.  I don't know what the side skirts were made of.  If there was a prestige body kit out there some good molds could be taken from them but it would be expensive to recreate all the parts.

11 hours ago, Dzimm said:

I've actually looked at doing that with the airdam I have but the only cost effective way is making them out of fiberglass and even that isn't going to be cheap.  It would also be hard to make a mold for all the different surfaces.  The side pieces wouldn't be so bad.

The original aordams were a thick rubbery material that would require special machinery to reproduce.  I don't know what the side skirts were made of.  If there was a prestige body kit out there some good molds could be taken from them but it would be expensive to recreate all the parts.

Yeah fiber glass would be the only way. maybe the dude who does the visor repros. and I bet there are people willing to have molds made

On the contrary, molding fiberglass is very easy.  Well, maybe not very easy, but easy as far as reproduction goes.  I molded and remade the exhaust panel for my Corvette because Ecklers wanted a stupid price at the time and I definitely spent way more money and time doing it myself than I would have buying it but it wasn't that hard and was fairly fun!  The visor guy is clearly a professional and if there are enough people interested, I'm sure he would love to give it a go.  Failing that, I could get it done - the Street Comanche pieces aren't particularly complex, it seems. 

11 hours ago, scaleless said:

the Street Comanche pieces aren't particularly complex, it seems. 

I haven't seen the other parts in person but the airdam is fairly complex and would require a multi part mold if it's even possible to mold the whole thing at once.  There are so many surfaces all over the place on it.  I do think if someone could reproduce it tho, that would be the most wanted piece of the kit.