my JK-8

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, scguy said:

NC and TN are absolutely crawling with JTs. 

As much as I like the look of a regular cab truck, they're just not very practical as a daily driver if you have any sort of family. 

yeah but why would you get a truck If you had a family is what my mind goes to. and you could say having a bed but most suvs have lot's if not more room then in the back then the trucks like 5 foot bed.

yeah but why would you get a truck If you had a family is what my mind goes to. and you could say having a bed but most suvs have lot's if not more room then in the back then the trucks like 5 foot bed.
Because there's lots of things that you need a truck for that an SUV won't cut it. Need to pick up a cubic yard of fill dirt? Try that in an SUV.

The great equalizer? A trailer. You can always hook a trailer up to a SUV, truck, shoot, even a minivan. That's why I don't worry so much about bed size.

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird but I fell in love with the comanche before I even really started to like Jeep as a brand. I've grown way more fond of the brand but for some reason i still prefer the look of the XJ and MJ to the wrangler. I got the comanche because i wanted a small truck with 4x4 and it was rare and beautiful and when i put it in 4low it will go up any hill. I like that they're trying to make a truck now but objectively the gladiator is pretty ugly and still not a truck. The comanche is literally the best of both worlds, jeep and truck. Comanche > all other jeeps for me for whatever reason. 

Also it's very funny to me that the MJ is a dude magnet, as i explained to my wife. There are some cars/trucks that get girls to look, but this truck is pretty and chicks are dumb (jk). However, nearly everywhere I go some dude will come up and tell me how sick it is. 

I have never seen the KJ8 before today and I immediately texted my JK friend that we need to do this to his.  

4 hours ago, billyblankss said:

It's weird but I fell in love with the comanche before I even really started to like Jeep as a brand. I've grown way more fond of the brand but for some reason i still prefer the look of the XJ and MJ to the wrangler. I got the comanche because i wanted a small truck with 4x4 and it was rare and beautiful and when i put it in 4low it will go up any hill. I like that they're trying to make a truck now but objectively the gladiator is pretty ugly and still not a truck. The comanche is literally the best of both worlds, jeep and truck. Comanche > all other jeeps for me for whatever reason. 

Also it's very funny to me that the MJ is a dude magnet, as i explained to my wife. There are some cars/trucks that get girls to look, but this truck is pretty and chicks are dumb (jk). However, nearly everywhere I go some dude will come up and tell me how sick it is. 

I have never seen the KJ8 before today and I immediately texted my JK friend that we need to do this to his.  

I've never been the biggest wrangler guy either. I always loved comanches/old gladiators and LJs (most unique wrangler) but when I first saw a JK8 it was something I had to have. The amount of aftermarket support, the single cab styling, the uniqueness etc. Since I liked the LJs so much I decided to make a custom top for camping that can easily be changed back to the jk8 top.

PXL_20201228_003556157.jpg

• 4 weeks later...