my JK-8

Well its been a year or two since I sold my 1988 Comanche to buy a 2012 JK-8. Always loved the JK-8 kits when I was in high school and they were new. I was lucky enough that the local Jeep dealership got one in as a trade in. The dealership had it priced significantly cheaper than any other one I could find in the country so I knew if I was ever going to get one this was my chance. ended up getting it for a great price but it did need a few small things like better shocks and new tires. well one thing lead to another and after countless upgrades I'm currently waiting on a set of Fusion4x4 one ton axles for it. once I get the axle swap completed I plan to buy another Comanche as a daily driver. 

IMG_20190127_121646.jpg

IMG_20190717_202337.jpg

71808532_10220766101365765_4961859967700172800_n.jpg

IMG_20191122_153306.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, BeaterComanche86 said:

That’s a great shot. Is that a wrap or photoshop? Cause that’s pretty cool, I’ve never seen that before. 

It'd a wrap! I planned on having the truck painted a different color in a few years and after buying a black hood and black half doors I didn't want to spend the money painting them white. So I found a place locally that did the whole jeep with 2 sets of doors for around $1500. I always wear tie dye so I figured why not 😂

Screenshot_20201009-221741.png

6 hours ago, Jesse J said:

the bed is too short for a real 'truck'

That's probably my only complaint about my jk8. It'd be nice if the bed was a foot or two longer but I understand why jeep didn't do that the cost to do it right would have been crazy expensive since to have the JK8 conversion done at the dealerships was already around $10,000 back when they were new.

because the 4dr pickup is just about the best selling vehicle out and the regular cab truck is about the worst. :(  they are selling all the gladiators they can make.  meanwhile designing and building a new variant would cost cash upfront plus take up a space on the line for a better selling, more profitable version.  especially given 2020's challenges I'd say it'd be a miracle to see a 2dr/longer bed Jeep truck being made. 

yeah It's so weird to me that 4dr cabs are as popular as they are because they have tiny beds and are basically suvs. I really like the look of bobbed gladiators. I think it really baddass because they are just so long stock. but bobbed the bed is like 3 feet long

Anybody toying with bobbing the bed? | Jeep Gladiator Forum -  JeepGladiatorForum.com

44 minutes ago, Pete M said:

because the 4dr pickup is just about the best selling vehicle out and the regular cab truck is about the worst. :(  they are selling all the gladiators they can make.  meanwhile designing and building a new variant would cost cash upfront plus take up a space on the line for a better selling, more profitable version.  especially given 2020's challenges I'd say it'd be a miracle to see a 2dr/longer bed Jeep truck being made. 

exactly why i said they probably won't be making one :( now i just need to find a clean MJ up here in Michigan or travel down south to find a nice one.