Motor mount identification

This may be a silly question, but does anyone have any idea how I can identify which brand OEM style motor mount I have? When I bought the truck, I found two of them underneath the passenger seat in unmarked sealed bags. The previous owner has no idea as it's exchanged a few hands in the last 2 years. I've read that some brand OEM styles are much better than others when it comes to longevity. 

I was contemplating going with some of the brown dogs or similar, but really don't want to deal with the vibrations. I'm not doing any real off-roading anytime soon and want my lady to feel comfortable and happy with the truck (she's a little pissed that it smells like a lawnmower and was loud AF with the exhaust leak, so I'm trying to get her onboard. She DID say that she loved how comfortable the seats were and how smooth it drove, so I don't want to mess with that)

I was also thinking about just picking up some NOS Mopar motor mounts, but am having a little trouble finding them and I also don't want to just throw out the motor mounts I have already. 

If someone could help me identify these mystery motor mounts, that would be awesome. There's no numbers, no labels, nothing... Just a relatively unique shape that I'm struggling to find in other motor mounts. I know this is a shot in the dark, but you guys are awesome so it's worth a shot!

motor mount 1.jpg

motor mount 2.jpg

motor mount 3.jpg

I've got the rubber brown dog mounts and they don't cause vibration at all.  It's the poly versions that will transfer the vibrations. 

Honestly since you have those mounts new already, I'd run them even not knowing the brand.  They are super easy to change and will last at least for a while and at best a long time, definitely going to be better than the probably rotted out factory ones already in the truck and they don't cost you anything.

1 hour ago, JMO413 said:

I would have to guess they are some parts store brand since they don't have a part number on them. I would also just install them. You can't beat free.

Motor mounts do range from $ to $$$ and you have free ones so...

somebody bought them for a reason.  Most likely you have the original mounts. 

I would use them. 

Just two quick notes: my rubber brown dog mounts still vibrated more than oem but less than the poly ones I have now. I did like the extra support the brown dogs incorporate. 

The oem motor mounts are still well stocked and aren’t really a nos part. They just superseded the part number. The current one is  52019201AC. I got mine from Mopar wholesale parts online but almost everyone carries that part number. 

Good to know, maybe down the road I'll go with some Brown dog motor mounts if it's ever needed. I loved getting more solid motor mounts in my Miata, but I had that thing gutted and track ready so I didn't concern myself with comfort.

I've noticed that every company doing the OE style mounts has their own slight variation on the mount shape, so I'm just crossing my fingers that these are the correct ones. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/3/2020 at 3:44 AM, ghetdjc320 said:

Just two quick notes: my rubber brown dog mounts still vibrated more than oem but less than the poly ones I have now. I did like the extra support the brown dogs incorporate. 

The oem motor mounts are still well stocked and aren’t really a nos part. They just superseded the part number. The current one is  52019201AC. I got mine from Mopar wholesale parts online but almost everyone carries that part number. 

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of finding replacement motor mounts and transmission mounts for my comanche, and it turns out the mopar engine mounts are officially discontinued.
https://www.moparpartswebstore.com/p/42361739/52019201AC.html

I called some local Jeep parts dealers in new york and they mentioned there are 2 left in stockin new jersey for $114 each. That's frankly insane and I don't feel like handing over my money to a bunch of block heads that refuse to give me mopar part numbers for "company policy" reasons. How does FCA allow this kind of behavior? Not providing OEM mopar part numbers? Insane.

Engine mount dampener mopar#
52019201AC 52019201 52019201AB 52040267

Automatic transmission dampener mopar#
52002334 52003065 52003066

I have been looking up mounts for the past week and from my searches, it seems that the reproduction engine mounts, such as the crown automotive 52020018 mount and all of the derivatives on ebay and amazon, are terrible. From reading reviews and finding youtube videos, the rubber shears after about 6-12 months. Maybe the quality of rubber used is terrible or too low of a durometer.
https://www.crownautomotive.net/Front-Motor-Mount/52020018.html

junk mount.jpg

I discovered something interesting in my searches. A company called DEA products makes a motor mount that looks incredibly identical to the mopar mount. It is called the "DEA A2883." I don't know if this mount shares the same fate as the other cloned mounts but it looks suspiciously similar to the engine mounts listed on mopar parts sites.

52019201AC_0001.jpg

52019201AC_0002.jpg

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dos-a2883

It also looks suspiciously similar to the Omix-Ada 17473.11 Engine Mounts

https://www.amazon.com/Omix-Ada-17473-11-Engine-Mount/dp/B000FPY56K

Has anyone successfully installed this mount and has it failed on them? I'd love to know. I would really like to not have to reinstall motor mounts for a few years at least :D

Thanks guys!

55 minutes ago, commissioneranthony said:

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of finding replacement motor mounts and transmission mounts for my comanche, and it turns out the mopar engine mounts are officially discontinued.
https://www.moparpartswebstore.com/p/42361739/52019201AC.html

I called some local Jeep parts dealers in new york and they mentioned there are 2 left in stockin new jersey for $114 each. That's frankly insane and I don't feel like handing over my money to a bunch of block heads that refuse to give me mopar part numbers for "company policy" reasons. How does FCA allow this kind of behavior? Not providing OEM mopar part numbers? Insane.

Engine mount dampener mopar#
52019201AC 52019201 52019201AB 52040267

Automatic transmission dampener mopar#
52002334 52003065 52003066

I have been looking up mounts for the past week and from my searches, it seems that the reproduction engine mounts, such as the crown automotive 52020018 mount and all of the derivatives on ebay and amazon, are terrible. From reading reviews and finding youtube videos, the rubber shears after about 6-12 months. Maybe the quality of rubber used is terrible or too low of a durometer.
https://www.crownautomotive.net/Front-Motor-Mount/52020018.html

junk mount.jpg

I discovered something interesting in my searches. A company called DEA products makes a motor mount that looks incredibly identical to the mopar mount. It is called the "DEA A2883." I don't know if this mount shares the same fate as the other cloned mounts but it looks suspiciously similar to the engine mounts listed on mopar parts sites.

52019201AC_0001.jpg

52019201AC_0002.jpg

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dos-a2883

It also looks suspiciously similar to the Omix-Ada 17473.11 Engine Mounts

https://www.amazon.com/Omix-Ada-17473-11-Engine-Mount/dp/B000FPY56K

Has anyone successfully installed this mount and has it failed on them? I'd love to know. I would really like to not have to reinstall motor mounts for a few years at least :D

Thanks guys!

@eaglescout526 Any chance you can help locate some oem? 

2 hours ago, commissioneranthony said:

company policy"

This is not policy with FCA. It might be with the dealer but not FCA. 

I helped locate what he provided me with part numbers and what they told him is correct and they are discontinued except the auto trans mount. 

Thanks for the input! That's good to know. I called a few smaller jeep dealerships and they were more helpful than the large-corp conglomerate jeep dealer.

it's a shame that the engine mounts were discontinued. Its a pretty essential item.

I think I'm going to buy a set of DEA A2883 mounts and report back on the forum.

In the mean time if anyone else has purchased similar looking mounts, feel free to chime in. I'd love to know how they have held up.

2 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

This is not policy with FCA. It might be with the dealer but not FCA. 

I helped locate what he provided me with part numbers and what they told him is correct and they are discontinued except the auto trans mount. 

Thanks! 

To the OP, I’ve used the moog/precision ones before as well. They seem to be a bit more harsh than oem but they worked fine for the two or so years I had them on my YJ

3 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

country of Origin is important to know. 

Some of the photos of the DEA A2883 mounts on ebay say "made in canada"

I will report back on the forum with photos when I get my mounts in, hopefully in a week or so.

I'm trying to maintain a spreadsheet of parts names, part location on vehicle, mopar cross ref numbers and purchase locations. You know, in case I end up desperately needing an excuse to grab a short bed to fill out the flock :L:

Another option might be the M.O.R.E. motor mounts. I think Ironman 4X4 makes something similar. Its a Clevite bushing in a housing. I did put those on my MJ for a WJ 4.0L swap to the stock motor brackets.  BTW, I do have Brown Dogs. Excellent product(s). I have some other builds coming up. I have been looking at Stinky Fab and Ironman 4X4. Not sure what will make it on my MJ, though. The Browndogs will go onto my 2001 XJ. Stripping parts from my '98 XJ, where the Browndogs were for 3-4 years. 

4 hours ago, 75sv1 said:

Another option might be the M.O.R.E. motor mounts. I think Ironman 4X4 makes something similar. Its a Clevite bushing in a housing. I did put those on my MJ for a WJ 4.0L swap to the stock motor brackets.  BTW, I do have Brown Dogs. Excellent product(s). I have some other builds coming up. I have been looking at Stinky Fab and Ironman 4X4. Not sure what will make it on my MJ, though. The Browndogs will go onto my 2001 XJ. Stripping parts from my '98 XJ, where the Browndogs were for 3-4 years. 

Those are all great options, but I do not plan on rock crawling. I plan on daily driving my comanche and it would be nice to minimize vibrations. The brown dog / more / stinky fab / ironman mounts are all the same mcmastercarr cylindrical rubber bushing in a tube mount. I need something that dampens more, which is why I'm after the original style mounts. I'll update this thread when I get the dea mounts in.

• 4 weeks later...

I received the "DEA A2883" mounts in the mail a few weeks ago.
I'll keep it short: I returned them.

The photos here show the mounts as they arrived, new in the plastic bag. They were never installed.
While they look close to the the 90s+ mopar parts, the fit and finish is very poor.
The mopar ones have stamped "made in canada" with the chrysler star on them. There are no stamps of origin or insignias anywhere on these engine mounts. The rubber looks newly formed into a warn mold. The edge finish is very frail and jagged and is reminiscent of cheapo tires. Also, the smell was a dead giveaway: it smelled like harbor freight. That off-gassy smell of a cheap labor produced rubber part. The durometer of the rubber does not seem that high. I was able to press my thumb into the rubber portion of the mount about 1/16in. While that is not exactly a repeatable measurement, and my thumb should displace the rubber a little, it should not deform that much considering the weight of the engine should place a considerably larger downward force over a 2in x 4in surface rubber area.
Besides this, I ordered a "DEA A2883" mount and received an omni5 mount. It's possible that all the mounts listed here are identical and of identical quality.
I returned this. If your last resort is to buy these, buy the cheapest one you can find. No sense in spending $30 on $5 cheapo mounts.

P2710002.JPG

P2710003.JPG

P2710004.JPG

P2710005.JPG

P2710007.JPG

P2710008.JPG

P2710009.JPG

P2710010.JPG

P2710011.JPG

P2710012.JPG

• 6 months later...

mount_oem_23b6b2c1bca09ab4c816ca13102a0f9a4c834fed.webp.f96bb8a3e5b68cbd54c61122ce18a642.webp

I purchased PN 52019278AD Mopar OEM mount from CarID not long ago for my 1988. I found the Anchor mounts were too soft, (trans actually would bounce around so much that it popped out of gear), and the aftermarket poly mounts were too hard, (horrible vibrations).
The 52019278ad came up as fitting a 1997 TJ, but looked and fit the same and solved my problems.  I did have to drill the through bolt out to a slightly larger size. Most of the aftermarket suppliers, Brown Dog, Sinky Fab, ETC show the same PN for the XJ and TJ, so I'm assuming they just ship them with the larger hole.

The OEM trans mount is still available, 

Mopar 52002334

Plate-Transmission Mount

• 2 weeks later...