• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 7:26 PM, Dzimm said:

"one finishing touch to the wall of NOS"

we all know this is not a true statement Pete.  :roflmao:

dang you for being so utterly right. :D  not yet sure how to attach it to the wall though.  might need to clear space on top of the little bookshelf on the 3rd wall... 

20210726_181442.jpg

9 hours ago, JustEmptyEveryPocket said:

You almost HAVE to find a NOS unit bearing and some NOS lugnuts to mount it with. Bolt the unit bearing to a board, screw the board to some studs in the wall. Mount the wheel to the bearing. Then it can spin free forever!

you find me some and I'll do that :D  plus a nos center cap while we're at it with this dreaming-of-things-that-ain't-happening. :laugh:

10 hours ago, Pete M said:

dang you for being so utterly right. :D  not yet sure how to attach it to the wall though.  might need to clear space on top of the little bookshelf on the 3rd wall... 

20210726_181442.jpg

You must mount it in the wheel well of the nos bed side. I've got a orginial spare from my truck to match it perfectly 

13 minutes ago, Muncher said:

You must mount it in the wheel well of the nos bed side. I've got a original spare from my truck to match it perfectly 

I absolutely would if I didn't have the turbine there that I got from Jim Oshel before he passed.  It's not nos, but an unused spare from one of his old XJs. 

20200920_121458.jpg

2 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

Looking at the pictures of your wall, I am reminded of an early M*A*S*H episode were Radar was mail home a Jeep.  Just a few more pieces and you can reassemble an MJ.

about 20 years too late to do that. :(  heck, even 5ish years ago I didn't think it all that crazy when I bought my NOS flare and bumper cap.  now all that stuff has about dried up.

(side note, the steering wheel isn't NOS, it's just very nice)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

finally got some on the north wall.  :D   and yes, one of those is NOS.  :cool:  still need a metric ton and a select trac.  the cherokee emblem is a filler until I get those.

huge thanks to the guys that sent me the missing items.   :beerchug: 

IMG_20230401_150356_278.jpg

6 hours ago, Pete M said:

finally got some on the north wall.  :D   and yes, one of those is NOS.  :cool:  still need a metric ton and a select trac.  the cherokee emblem is a filler until I get those.

huge thanks to the guys that sent me the missing items.   :beerchug: 

IMG_20230401_150356_278.jpg

Damn that 'X' is looking nice and shiny on that wall :brows:

You're welcome pete!

I'll happily take any MJ emblem that's missing. :beerchug:   I do have the individual J e e P header letters but haven't figured out how to mount them without popping off the studs.

IMG_20220813_233633_927.jpg.6c0cddc2624160cba436ab5caf4bc071.jpg

• Pete M changed the title to one finishing touch to the wall of MJ