well, I've hit my maximum ownership on beds

Pete M

On 12/5/2020 at 9:54 PM, Pete M said:

also: Tex06 delivered #9 to me today from Louisiana because he is a freakin' legend. :D   details and photos in the morning.    

also, also: his truck is totally drool worthy   :drool: 

Thanks Pete! Was nice to finally put a face with an avatar! :laugh:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I should probably change the title of the thread.  :laugh:  these pics are the best I can do until I get some different lighting outside.  it's a dark shape with very bright surroundings. 

this corner edge seems to be the worst spot.  very straight and clean bed.  I might hang on to this one.

20201210_094829.jpg

20201210_094839.jpg

20201210_094859.jpg

finding people in need was never the problem.  :L:  getting the beds to them is the issue.  :(  that's a TON of driving for the money I can make off a single bed.  so far I've sold 2 and both were on a trip north that was happening anyway.  but I have hopes that the big uhaul trailer can fit 4 and that might make a dedicated trip worthwhile.  

14 minutes ago, Pete M said:

finding people in need was never the problem.  :L:  getting the beds to them is the issue.  :(  that's a TON of driving for the money I can make off a single bed.  so far I've sold 2 and both were on a trip north that was happening anyway.  but I have hopes that the big uhaul trailer can fit 4 and that might make a dedicated trip worthwhile.  

I told JMO that IF he is still looking for one next year and IF (I hope we do, we are planning on it as of now) I go to the All Breeds Jeep Show, and IF he could get you to haul one up to that show, that I could probably haul one back this way for him.

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

that's a lot of IFs.  :popcorn:  but I'm used to making plans with lots of IFs. :D   we shall see.  being so close to the south, he honestly might be better off doing a road trip to a junkyard.  :dunno:

He might, but it is always an option! 

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

that's a lot of IFs.  :popcorn:  but I'm used to making plans with lots of IFs. :D   we shall see.  being so close to the south, he honestly might be better off doing a road trip to a junkyard.  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

He might, but it is always an option! 

I am still debating a trip to Texas for sure. Hopefully the world can get back to normal someday and I will be able to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

#12.  I think this one is the keeper.  it'd look super sweet on my trailer since it matches my new 88 right down to the pioneer decals and rubber trim (though it's missing on the one side). :D   some damage to the one rear corner but other wise in decent shape. 

20210217_101930.jpg

20210217_101918.jpg

Happy to help! I thought it was a good deal, and figured you'd want to see it. It is beginning to look like there is no true maximum bed ownership for you though... :roflmao:

What happened to the right rear corner of the trailer? I see it is in primer in these pictures, but wasn't in the others. I think this red bed would make a very cool trailer to pull behind your original 88.