Pete M

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Pete M said:

Mopar forever warranties for the win!  :D  I'd prefer to take the Libby but she's being a punk right now. :(  (limp mode no longer clears with the code reader)

Uhoh that's no good.

she's still capable of driving me to town or to the junkyard, but I just can't trust it to pull a trailer. :(   thankfully I've got the PT Cruiser mostly functional again so our household is back to 2 and a half cars.  :D

1 hour ago, Cerbomach said:

That's actually a not bad idea. who make those engines? are those easy to find in the US?

there were only ~16,000 total CRD Libertys sold in the US ('05-'06).  thankfully many, many more were sold overseas or I'd be totally screwed for parts. :( 

I have one  :D 

20200929_085423.jpg

12 minutes ago, Pete M said:

there were only ~16,000 total CRD Libertys sold in the US ('05-'06).  thankfully many, many more were sold overseas or I'd be totally screwed for parts. :( 

I have one  :D 

20200929_085423.jpg

That's nice engine option! Is that engine reliable enough in terms of electronic managment over something more "mechanic" like could be some cummins option? If you decide to do that proyect I can help you finding parts for it, I'm currently living in Spain were those CRD KJ'S are more likely to find in junkyards.

16 minutes ago, Cerbomach said:

That's nice engine option! Is that engine reliable enough in terms of electronic management over something more "mechanic" like could be some cummins option? If you decide to do that project I can help you finding parts for it, I'm currently living in Spain were those CRD KJ'S are more likely to find in junkyards.

the 2.8Ls are... shall we say, quirky and a bit high maintenance. :dunno:  mine has been good to me, but then I disabled the EGR very early on (the US egr seems to be a major cause of issues). 

If you'd like to know more about them, I highly recommend this forum :L: 

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=bc968cb8e3226e1c6273d2619fdf7551

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

since '07.  :L:  can't imagine life without it.  the noise of a diesel is quite addictive :D 

I guess it would make a good family hauler. just not my cup of tea I guess:dunno:. what you have done is quite cool:cool: 

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

the 2.8Ls are... shall we say, quirky and a bit high maintenance. :dunno:  mine has been good to me, but then I disable the EGR very early on (the US egr seems to be a major cause of issues). 

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=bc968cb8e3226e1c6273d2619fdf7551

Thanks Pete! I'm considering a diesel option for one of my MJ's

11 minutes ago, Pete M said:

wow that's a crunchy forum. glad cc doesnt look like that. I have a hard time navigating those older style forums like the fsj one

3 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

I guess it would make a good family hauler. just not my cup of tea I guess:dunno:. what you have done is quite cool:cool: 

she's more of a giant waterproof tool bag to me these days.  :D  over the years she was my primary tow rig, but she's earned a retirement from that (now that I have the Durango available to me for anything bigger than the MJ trailer).

20161014_123334.jpg

20131212_132910.jpg