MJ pow wow?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

Are yll talking about moab or PA?

I'm talking about PA.  I'm just speculating on what it would take to do that trip from Denver.

Moab is 6 hours from me.  I most likely won't have my MJ done in time for next fall.  Maybe 2022.

19 minutes ago, derf said:

I'm talking about PA.  I'm just speculating on what it would take to do that trip from Denver.

Moab is 6 hours from me.  I most likely won't have my MJ done in time for next fall.  Maybe 2022.

I don't think ill be able to finish finish mine (IDK if it will ever be "done") but moab only three hours away and would be fun and inspirational.

PA seems really far away right now maybe 2022 for me. and will likely include the purchase of a flat bed trailer because god knows what would happen if I drove mine cross country. She don't need that kinda mileage on her rn

On 11/16/2020 at 11:28 AM, 89 MJ said:

You should try to make it to the PA All Breeds Jeep Show in Carlisle in 2021. It is at the end of July. I think that is the big one that many of us are planning to make it too.

I lived in Reading PA for a couple years, but never made it to Carlisle for the Jeep Show - did hit the Bug Out one time.  It's about a 11-12hr run for me now.  I still have friends up there I need to go see... may be a plan (if we don't all die! lol

17 minutes ago, EvilMJ said:

I lived in Reading PA for a couple years, but never made it to Carlisle for the Jeep Show - did hit the Bug Out one time.  It's about a 11-12hr run for me now.  I still have friends up there I need to go see... may be a plan (if we don't all die! lol

So far we have a bunch of us that want to go. I know @Minuit is nearish to you and he plans to go, @Pete M will be coming most likely from Atlanta, @MiNi Beast plans on going from Michigan, and I am going from SW WI. It will be about 12 hours for me as well.

8 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

So far we have a bunch of us that want to go. I know @Minuit is nearish to you and he plans to go, @Pete M will be coming most likely from Atlanta, @MiNi Beast plans on going from Michigan, and I am going from SW WI. It will be about 12 hours for me as well.

As of now I am planning to go from northern indiana. Do I see a comanche convoy in the making?

39 minutes ago, watchamakalit said:

As of now I am planning to go from northern indiana. Do I see a comanche convoy in the making?

perhaps. i will prolly be towing the mj just to ensure getting there and back as i plan to wheel for the week while out there. 

3 hours ago, watchamakalit said:

I’d be down for that. 

2 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

perhaps. i will prolly be towing the mj just to ensure getting there and back as i plan to wheel for the week while out there. 

Chicken. LOL. I can’t blame you. If we go, we will probably have a vehicle ready with a trailer. 

I'm down to drive my jeep but only if it was just MJ and I, then be no worries as i could take my time coming back. and who know maybe by then it just might just be the dog and I as i really don't like having more trucks then i can drive at one time. 

I usually wheel what I drive, but then again I don't try to destroy my rig when I'm offroad.  However, if I get the R380 in my Defender, maybe I could trailer the MJ up, then I'd have two rigs to wheel! lol (one for the wife).  The MJ is impossible to use as a tow rig - rear springs too soft and rear bumper is too high.

Speaking of springs, what's the best rear spring to get a good lift?  Mine are only two leaf and they ride great. (no idea as to what they are) However, I have flatened/kinked them hauling too big of loads lately - 46 boxes of flooring was apparently not a good idea! :roflmao:

6 hours ago, EvilMJ said:

I usually wheel what I drive, but then again I don't try to destroy my rig when I'm offroad.  However, if I get the R380 in my Defender, maybe I could trailer the MJ up, then I'd have two rigs to wheel! lol (one for the wife).  The MJ is impossible to use as a tow rig - rear springs too soft and rear bumper is too high.

Speaking of springs, what's the best rear spring to get a good lift?  Mine are only two leaf and they ride great. (no idea as to what they are) However, I have flatened/kinked them hauling too big of loads lately - 46 boxes of flooring was apparently not a good idea! :roflmao:

Probably Hell Creek Metric Ton lift leaf springs. 

18 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

idk i thought maybe tow my jeep with the jk. :shhh:

lol.  the MJ needs to go on a serious diet before that gets even close to legal.  :laugh:   maybe if you filled the tires with helium? 

seriously Jeep, why can't you give the JK/JL a decent tow rating! :fistshake2:

6 hours ago, Pete M said:

lol.  the MJ needs to go on a serious diet before that gets even close to legal.  :laugh:   maybe if you filled the tires with helium? 

would nitrogen count? :thinking:

On 11/25/2020 at 3:20 PM, Pete M said:

Right! Why does a brand new Jeep have the same tow rating (and fuel mileage ratings, when comparing a JK and an MJ/XJ)?