MJ pow wow?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when it comes to a large get together, my philosophy has been to tack it on to a larger event already going on.  it can be quite the challenge to get people together that may live many hours apart and then if half of the people bail, you still have an even to attend for those that made it.  :comanche: 

I am up for this. Owning a Comanche is somewhat like owning a Rambler. Kinda far and few in-between. When we attend a AMC event we have to pack-up and drive considerably to attend. 

A suggestion: Yes, as Pete said its good to attach to another event. Every four years the Kenosha History Center hosts a "Home Coming" event. It is open to all AMC products and the week culminates with a big Saturday show in Kennedy Park on Lake Michigan, just a few blocks from the old AMC Plant. Due to the Chinese Pandemic it was cancelled this year and moved to next year. It is usually held at the end of July. I am personal friends with a few of the major planners. 

In choosing a location I suggest at good study of the map with all the MJ owners is a great place to start. Find the areas that have the biggest concentrations of owners

Planning an event like this will take considerable effort and time. Trust me, I have organized and planned many car shows. A "Fun Run" was my biggest endeavor. We travelled all over the State of Mississippi to different rod shops and the event lasted 5 days. Hotels and meals included. 

Having Comanche Fun,

Ollie

12 minutes ago, Ollie said:

I am up for this. Owning a Comanche is somewhat like owning a Rambler. Kinda far and few in-between. When we attend a AMC event we have to pack-up and drive considerably to attend. 

A suggestion: Yes, as Pete said its good to attach to another event. Every four years the Kenosha History Center hosts a "Home Coming" event. It is open to all AMC products and the week culminates with a big Saturday show in Kennedy Park on Lake Michigan, just a few blocks from the old AMC Plant. Due to the Chinese Pandemic it was cancelled this year and moved to next year. It is usually held at the end of July. I am personal friends with a few of the major planners. 

In choosing a location I suggest at good study of the map with all the MJ owners is a great place to start. Find the areas that have the biggest concentrations of owners

Planning an event like this will take considerable effort and time. Trust me, I have organized and planned many car shows. A "Fun Run" was my biggest endeavor. We travelled all over the State of Mississippi to different rod shops and the event lasted 5 days. Hotels and meals included. 

Having Comanche Fun,

Ollie

That's right, I've heard of this show. I want to go next summer. Maybe we can do a Pow Wow then?

We are going......now to decide which vehicle?   Comanche or Rambler ?????:driving:

We are going to the Air Show in Oshkosh the week during the event and then to Kenosha Saturday. 

Having Comanche Fun,

Ollie

3 minutes ago, Ollie said:

We are going......now to decide which vehicle?   Comanche or Rambler ?????:driving:

We are going to the Air Show in Oshkosh the week during the event and then to Kenosha Saturday. 

Having Comanche Fun,

Ollie

Do you by chance have a link to the event? I should be able to get my Comanche there and I think my brother wants to have one of his J10s at the show.

8 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Yes, I do.

Go to the Kenosha History Center web site. They are the people that are the main sponsors. 

Having AMC Fun,

Ollie

I would love to go to that show, but I am not sure if I will be able to make it. My family is wanting to go to the All Breeds Jeep Show in Carlisle PA, which is July 24th and 25th.

There ya go. Thats a perfect example of what happens when you try to plan an event such as a MJ Pow-Wow.

I am not trying to speak bad.......please don't misconstrue my comment. 

Having AMC Fun,

Ollie

1 hour ago, Ollie said:

There ya go. Thats a perfect example of what happens when you try to plan an event such as a MJ Pow-Wow.

I am not trying to speak bad.......please don't misconstrue my comment. 

Having AMC Fun,

Ollie

I do believe that we are planning a Pow-Wow at the All Breeds Jeep Show if you want to change your plans. :brows: I understand not wanting to though.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

I really want to go to that, but we are always busy in September with school and sports.

thats brutal. I've decided I'm just gonna skip school on those days. Drive down a day early park on some blm land and have some fun.

4 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

thats brutal. I've decided I'm just gonna skip school on those days. Drive down a day early park on some blm land and have some fun.

You should try to make it to the PA All Breeds Jeep Show in Carlisle in 2021. It is at the end of July. I think that is the big one that many of us are planning to make it too.

3 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

You should try to make it to the PA All Breeds Jeep Show in Carlisle in 2021. It is at the end of July. I think that is the big one that many of us are planning to make it too.

oof that's a little far of a road trip. Ill look into it

6 minutes ago, derf said:

I just looked it up.  24 hours plus stops for me.  It's only 16 minutes longer if I go up to I80 instead of taking I70 the whole way.  But that would let me stop and visit family in Iowa along the way.

For us, it is about 14 hours plus stops. 24 hours is a long time to spend in a car. Even over a couple of days.

9 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

For us, it is about 14 hours plus stops. 24 hours is a long time to spend in a car. Even over a couple of days.

I like long road trips.  And if I can break up the trip with a few stops and make it a 2 week holiday it would be easier to handle.