Anyone know about Pennzoil Comanche Giveaway?

Torq_Shep

I don’t recall seeing very many MJs in such a vibrant yellow. There was one I remember seeing both here I think and on the facepage that was that yellow with the black hockey sticks, but it was in pretty poor shape, and had been rattle canned black in many places I think. I want to say the owner was referring to it as Bumblebee for pretty obvious reasons. 

5 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

I don’t recall seeing very many MJs in such a vibrant yellow. There was one I remember seeing both here I think and on the facepage that was that yellow with the black hockey sticks, but it was in pretty poor shape, and had been rattle canned black in many places I think. I want to say the owner was referring to it as Bumblebee for pretty obvious reasons. 

This dumpster fire?

teuMjhOl.jpg

42 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

That might have been what I was thinking of... I remember a yellow bed more than anything else though.

The whole truck was yellow and black at one point. The bed was damaged when the PO bought it and shortly before I bought it it got smashed into a guard rail and the front clip was replaced.

10 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

I know nothing on those MJ's but I have the same ad. Makes me kinda want to switch to Pennzoil but I got it because weather its MJ history or a work of art, it is MJ memorabilia. 

For the love of all that is MJ Please don't do that to a Jeep. 

I am not a motor oil expert, but have been in alot of motors and I will never buy a quaker state, or pennzoil  product.  I have seen the internals of engines that were run on these oils almost exclusively since new, along with many other, and in my experience they were absolutely horrible with deposits in the oil system.  I was told years ago that quaker state used to use parrafin in there oil to help quiet motors.  Unfortunatly the heat cycles of the motor basically turn all the internal components into wicks at a candle dipping contest and covers them in wax. 

Again, I am not an expert and will never claim to be this is just based on information and experiences I have collected in my life.  YMMV

1 hour ago, watchamakalit said:

For the love of all that is MJ Please don't do that to a Jeep. 

I am not a motor oil expert, but have been in alot of motors and I will never buy a quaker state, or pennzoil  product.  I have seen the internals of engines that were run on these oils almost exclusively since new, along with many other, and in my experience they were absolutely horrible with deposits in the oil system.  I was told years ago that quaker state used to use parrafin in there oil to help quiet motors.  Unfortunatly the heat cycles of the motor basically turn all the internal components into wicks at a candle dipping contest and covers them in wax. 

Again, I am not an expert and will never claim to be this is just based on information and experiences I have collected in my life.  YMMV

Formulations change. Years and years ago, OCIs were basically, 2K. Then Years ago, it went to 3K OCIs. Still, some oils, Pennzoil and Quaker State oils did good with 2K OCI, or so I've been told. Any oil will crap out if you run it to long. Some of the new synthetic formulation from Pennzoil and Quaker State get good reviews. I did run Pennzoil Platinum in a Ford Contour for about 50K. I ran from 30K to 150K on Castrol Syntec. When I sold it at 214K, it did not use any oil in 10K intervals.

I emailed Shell to see if they will share anything with me. I do work directly with them from time to time but I am sure that the departments I work with are no where near marketing =P

Would be cool to see if we can identify one!

2 hours ago, buxmj said:

I agree Torq, as much as I like our trucks that one is bad. I have a feeling it looks worse the closer you look.  

Buck.

Mine is no looker. Still looks bad from 20ft away... But I don't have body damage and it runs =P

• 2 weeks later...