Chunk, A 1984 XJ

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol it’s not just the washer. That’ll go to the curb once bulk trash comes through…or I can set it out and wait for one of those home rigged metal collecting trucks to come snag it….but no I have a few other appliances that were left with the house that I don’t need. 

Oh the appliances are on the side of the house right now with the exception of the fridge. I went and got some parts from my parents house so I can go through them, put them in my hiding hole in the garage and put the empty boxes in the attic. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As soon as I get my garage door replaced I actually have plans to start tearing him down. Since AMC closed I won’t be able to get rust free floor boards which blows but such is life. But it’s gonna be fun. Got the girl excited to refresh the interior, NOS parts to be installed, Renix TBI to swap in and much more. I should probably work on little red in my off time before this project goes underway. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not much new, still waiting on the garage door. Decided to address one thing though. Asked my girl which grill she wanted Chunk to roll with, 21 or the 10. She chose the 21 to match LR just like I had planned. So what did I do?

Why I asked her to take off the old one! Shes been helping me with him since she claims ownership to him as well.

IMG_8803.jpg.7a2af093bcea02e7391427a104442218.jpg

Also found out the original 10 slot was made in 83 confirming it to be original to Chunk

IMG_8809.jpg.243a7f328bd14cecac85489e92051464.jpg

IMG_8811.jpg.506ecb175877aab3d7c001becb939366.jpg

The 21 slot was also made around the same time so it works!

9 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

3 weeks later and you have her working on it. :laugh: that dosent count as you working on it stupervising or not. :teehee:

Hahaha I mean I’ll be doing all the fun hard stuff like AMC/Ford duraspark to Renix so she can contribute a little bit. 

No pics but I installed the new rear hatch weatherstrip. Chunk took blood in the process. One slice from the drivers side D-pillar plastic and the other from the bottom latch catch plate retainer. 

Shame AMC salvage closed, might need interior metal body parts in the future.