Driving on the street to street truck

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Where did you get the red bug shield? Did you raid my parts stash haha.

Haha it was actually on the truck when I bought it. It got lost in my storage unit and I found it when moving out. Cleaned it up and threw it on just to see, and I loved the look. 

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/5/2024 at 9:14 PM, 70barracuda said:

Thanks! And right at central 

Ive got family in Camden County.  Interestingly enough, my parents neighbor has an MJ.  Ive offered to buy it off him just to add another to the stable.  Its a short box 4.0 4x4.  Everything I was looking for initially.

• 2 months later...

Got some stuff changed up over winter. I'm very very picky with my wiring and decided I wasn't happy with it. So I upgraded everything to 2 gauge and redid the whole 'fuse' area. Very happy with how it all came out. Changed to the Holley mid mount set up for the accessory drive. Cleaned up the whole front of the engine area. New radiator that is mounted and fits way better with more room now. Also changed over the electric Volvo power steering pump. Really nice unit and got a controller that allows me to control the speed of the pump. Much less twitchy at highway now.  Overall pretty happy with how everything turned out. 

3 hours ago, 70barracuda said:

PXL_20240225_220910793.jpg

PXL_20240311_215812679.jpg

PXL_20240316_210030179.jpg

PXL_20240316_210043799.jpg

Do you feel the Electric Steering has as much "feel" as normal power steering now? Both options are pretty simple to setup, just trying to decide which is the better route for feel/daily driving.

On 3/20/2024 at 11:00 AM, Comanche SS said:

Do you feel the Electric Steering has as much "feel" as normal power steering now? Both options are pretty simple to setup, just trying to decide which is the better route for feel/daily driving.

I actually think it has more feel than the LS pump I was using. I'm using a controller to regulate pressure so you can make it as easy or heavy as you want. Personally I love it. 

28 minutes ago, 70barracuda said:

I actually think it has more feel than the LS pump I was using. I'm using a controller to regulate pressure so you can make it as easy or heavy as you want. Personally I love it. 

Would you mind doing a quick write up on sourcing/installing/setting that up? Seems like a good option if it is a simple cost effective setup...

• 5 weeks later...

Battling intake temps once again, so now I'm really gonna try and do an actual cold air intake. Made some room by putting the battery in the bed. Really not bad, just a ton of wiring but that's my favourite so didn't mind at all. 14.5 volts steady at idle and driving and the Holley is happy so I think I'm good. 

All that room now has me thinking though...

PXL_20240420_225652793.jpg.1b1a89c88f7138978afd3a3843c2f076.jpg

PXL_20240420_225622077.jpg.a342913631efb7ff190360717f5748e6.jpg

12 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

How is that radiator/fan setup doing for operating temps? 

Perfect. Highway driving it never gets above 190 and in traffic and stopped it gets to 205, fan kicks on, and back down to 190 in less than 2 minutes