Driving on the street to street truck

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally able to work on the seats. Got the passenger side done. The brackets sit super wide on these so making them fit is a challenge. I used krustyballer's brackets as a base and the procar brackets on top. Driver will definitely be alot harder. The trans tunnel is so wide on that side. But passenger is in and fits pretty good. The seat is a tad wobbly so I may need to beef up the whole mount system. But it's in and looks great. 

PXL_20210409_221007874.jpg

PXL_20210409_221236087.jpg

Got the driver side in. Had to re-engineer the whole bracket. Because the trans tunnel is so large and the brackets sit so wide I had to chop the seat slider bracket and shorten it so clear the hump. Then welded is all back and plated it for strength. Then had to make a new mount on the bottom of the seat for the modified brackets. All in all it was super hard, just a lot of cutting welding and test fitting. But it came out so good and the seats are awesome. 

PXL_20210410_205057282.jpg

PXL_20210410_205130368.jpg

PXL_20210410_221057031.jpg

PXL_20210410_224230225.jpg

Great work!! Deeper seats make such a difference to the driving position on a Comanche. I found with my PRP's and the better rake allows the seat to support your thighs so much better. I would never go back to stock seats. They are so short in comparison.

10 hours ago, Limeyjeeper said:

Great work!! Deeper seats make such a difference to the driving position on a Comanche. I found with my PRP's and the better rake allows the seat to support your thighs so much better. I would never go back to stock seats. They are so short in comparison.

Oh absolutely. The stock seats are super comfy but offer very little support. Even my new ones which aren't very extreme hold you in so much better. 

31 minutes ago, Limeyjeeper said:

That TKX is sweet, 600lb torque, better rato selection too. Looks pretty compact. Is it about the same size as the AX15? It looks it.

It's within a 1/4 length and case size looks almost identical. That's why I went with it. Should fit almost perfect. The only issue I have is that they advertise a center shifter that's actually directly in the ax15 shifter spot but literally no one has one done yet. Even tremec. So I talked to the guys at american power train and they said the rear shifter can be flipped and they sent that offset stub so it should be within half an inch of the center plate. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just about ready for the new trans to go in. Then it's all the fun of setting up the hydraulics. Tremec has you make sure the bell housing runout is within their spec so the geometry of the input shaft and all is good. Kinda a pain in the @$$ but is needed for warranty. Luckily mine was good and I didn't have to mess with offset dowel pins. Rest of the clutch went on easy and now I can bolt it all up with the bell housing and then trans to bell so install is soooo much easier. 

PXL_20210518_224945710.jpg

PXL_20210519_202140874.jpg

PXL_20210519_204059855.jpg

PXL_20210519_205243371.jpg