91 Eliminator 83K miles refresh with NOS parts

8 minutes ago, Torq_Shep said:

They made an OEM one without a style line? 

Yeah hence when he says type 1. It was a very rare 86 only bumper. It looks a lot like a J-truck rear bumper but AMC did away with it when they made the bumper that matches the aesthetics of the front and rear bumpers of an XJ.  

Flex-n-gate also made very similar bumpers for CJ & SJ Jeeps. 

The plastic end caps are super hard to find and there is a left and right specific cap.

I've got the part # along with the installation leaflet. 

Gotta love Jeep Trivia.  EagleScout is in the know :)

18 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

I remember someone coming across one of those early MJ bumpers at a JY and posting a picture of it, but can't find it.

That’s the one I was talking with him about a while ago. Not sure if anyone snatched that bumper but I think that truck is somewhere in the registry. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Still not getting notifications, and haven't logged in few weeks.

Think about found everything NOS there is for MJ.  Carpet would be a dream.

Currently building:

1. daughter's 01 XJ 2 door: D44 rear, SYE and lift is finished and she driving but still need do stereo system & camera's.

2. 96 Ford F350 lift 7" and 5" stainless exhaust, air bags, dual shocks, 40 gal fuel tank swap, custom track bar, paint axles & undercarriage ... getting close.  Then interior.

3. 84 Scrambler fix fuel guage and misc wiring 

4. 06 LJR 17"BBK, teraflex dual sway bar, 5:38 gear swap, and powdercoat axles 

5. 87 Chief needs full NOS console swap, marchal's, OEM skids and trailer hitch and Jeep SE hidden winch kit installed.       Probably going put new springs to handle weight. 

So MJ is patiently waiting his turn and assigned as shop truck duties... Although I did pick up HPD30 and 4:10's tru-trac and ordered 63.5" wide D44 rear.

4 hours ago, Red Mistress said:

Still not getting notifications, and haven't logged in few weeks.

Think about found everything NOS there is for MJ.  Carpet would be a dream.

Currently building:

1. daughter's 01 XJ 2 door: D44 rear, SYE and lift is finished and she driving but still need do stereo system & camera's.

2. 96 Ford F350 lift 7" and 5" stainless exhaust, air bags, dual shocks, 40 gal fuel tank swap, custom track bar, paint axles & undercarriage ... getting close.  Then interior.

3. 84 Scrambler fix fuel guage and misc wiring 

4. 06 LJR 17"BBK, teraflex dual sway bar, 5:38 gear swap, and powdercoat axles 

5. 87 Chief needs full NOS console swap, marchal's, OEM skids and trailer hitch and Jeep SE hidden winch kit installed.       Probably going put new springs to handle weight. 

So MJ is patiently waiting his turn and assigned as shop truck duties... Although I did pick up HPD30 and 4:10's tru-trac and ordered 63.5" wide D44 rear.

Is that a Cherokee or Comanche chief? I’ve been on the eternal search for an 88 chief. May have to wait a few more years till one pops up but I don’t mind. 

35 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Is that a Cherokee or Comanche chief? I’ve been on the eternal search for an 88 chief. May have to wait a few more years till one pops up but I don’t mind. 

Cherokee, its earlier in this thread somewhere.