Junkyarding today. Needs/ideas?

looks like I'll get the opportunity to visit Louisville's Pull-A-Part today on company time!  One of our girls had busted up a company Kia Rio brake light lens and I'm going over to get a replacement.  

Only thing coming to mind MJ wise would be finding a blue headlight module for an upgrade.  Racking my brain on what else I might need.  I want to go with a one-piece axle to replace the CAD setup eventually, but I'm not so sure I could justify the time required to pull it today.   I'd also eventually like to upgrade my tierod to the beefier V8 WJ some time soon too.  Also, I always look non-cooked heater console pigtails whenever I go (I did score a holy-grail, non-burned one last time there).  i want to see their selection of Dakota 40-20-40 benches too.  

BTW, looks like Louisville has only three XJs listed as available on their website:  a 96, 98 & 99.  

Anything I can check out for you guys while I'm there?  Anything I should look for?  Have a need that's easy to pull that I can grab for you?

2 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

I think he means this:

306660d1501207950-c-blower-motor-issue-9

Yep that's it.  

No luck today.  But I already have a back up that I found last year in the same yard.  I just check for more each time I'm out on a yard.  Crazy that 98% of them look like the one in your pic, HOrnbrod.  

15 hours ago, coolwind57 said:

Yep that's it.  

No luck today.  But I already have a back up that I found last year in the same yard.  I just check for more each time I'm out on a yard.  Crazy that 98% of them look like the one in your pic, HOrnbrod.  

Yikes.  Didn't realize this was a common problem.  Need to check mine.  In the last week I've noticed the heater fan in the XJ running slightly slower when on high speed.

3 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

Is it nice?  What did you pay?

What's with the blue headlight module?

Here's a pic.  Fabric is dirty, but it is in fine shape with no tears or burns.  I was trying to talk Pull-A-Part into charging me for a BENCH seat, but they counted it as two buckets and a "jumper" seat despite it all being bolted together.  All in all, it cost me 70-some bucks.  

seats.jpg.192f77eb3724fedc6c3bbc01bc229c00.jpg

The blue chime module is attached to your fuse block and chimes if you left your headlights on after shutting down the engine.  Suppose to be entirely plug and play.    Here's a pic of it.  Its the larger blue rectangular block to the left:

module.jpg.dc05ff1c7151b8e3ae01f1cc31a0ef6f.jpg

3 hours ago, schardein said:

Yikes.  Didn't realize this was a common problem.  Need to check mine.  In the last week I've noticed the heater fan in the XJ running slightly slower when on high speed.

Curious if you'd already added an additional ground near the blower motor.  That's Cruiser54 tip #28, by the way.

4 minutes ago, DirtyComanche said:

Interesting about the headlight chime module.  I had no idea.

And I think $70~ was probably a score for those seats.

I had just recently read about this headlight chime upgrade myself.  A search will reveal more info on them--I need to go back and read up more myself.  Too bad I didn't find any.  They had loads of Grand Cherokees on the lot and they must had not come in them at all, as I found zero--just as in the 3 XJs they had.  

Yea, those Dakota seats hold up really well.  There were probably 8 of these trucks on the lot and none of these seats within were sagging.  This one was I think the only one that had a taller back (headrest).  Not sure what is up with that.  It came from a 1999 with extended cab.  I prefer the taller back and hope that it won't be a problem fitting in my MJ.  It shouldn't I would think.  

1 hour ago, coolwind57 said:

I had just recently read about this headlight chime upgrade myself.  A search will reveal more info on them--I need to go back and read up more myself.  Too bad I didn't find any.  They had loads of Grand Cherokees on the lot and they must had not come in them at all, as I found zero--just as in the 3 XJs they had.  

Yea, those Dakota seats hold up really well.  There were probably 8 of these trucks on the lot and none of these seats within were sagging.  This one was I think the only one that had a taller back (headrest).  Not sure what is up with that.  It came from a 1999 with extended cab.  I prefer the taller back and hope that it won't be a problem fitting in my MJ.  It shouldn't I would think.  

Personally, I find the chime module is an annoyance.  Which is probably why a lot of them are missing.

33 minutes ago, schardein said:

Personally, I find the chime module is an annoyance.  Which is probably why a lot of them are missing.

Are you referring to the buzz chime of having your key in the ignition and door open?  As opposed to the the blue module's "oops, headlights-left-on" function?  

If I am annoyed, then I'll make sure I turn my headlights off so I don't drain my battery.  That's why a forgetful old fart like me NEEDS this blue module.  

23 minutes ago, coolwind57 said:

Are you referring to the buzz chime of having your key in the ignition and door open?  As opposed to the the blue module's "oops, headlights-left-on" function?  

If I am annoyed, then I'll make sure I turn my headlights off so I don't drain my battery.  That's why a forgetful old fart like me NEEDS this blue module.  

Actually, yes.  I may be wrong but don't both modules have the key in ignition and door open function, and the blue one just adds the headlights?  I could be wrong.

Mine came with both light and key buzzer/chimes.  The module on mine is black and has not worked in years.  I pulled a blue module from a 93 parts XJ.  Will the blue work in the earlier years fuse box?

On 3/22/2018 at 7:49 AM, coolwind57 said:

BTW, looks like Louisville has only three XJs listed as available on their website:  a 96, 98 & 99.  

Looking at the Pull-a-Part websites for the 3 in Alabama, it’s been a while since I’ve seen any pre-96 XJs.  I hope they haven’t all been scrapped and crushed.

Just now, Keyav8r said:

Looking at the Pull-a-Part websites for the 3 in Alabama, it’s been a while since I’ve seen any pre-96 XJs.  I hope they haven’t all been scrapped and crushed.

They are hard to find- went to 3 yards.  one had 2, but were stripped of anything good. The last one has one that was 100% complete, and scheduled to be crushed 2 days earlier.  Got my seats and console from that one. 

9 hours ago, Lthompson741 said:

I really need to find a junk yard that actually has a dakota in it that isn't burned, or stripped already.  The seats are the one upgrade I want to do.  What are you going to do for brackets?

No problem finding Dakota seats in Louisville Pull-A-Part.  Seemed like practically every Dodge/Chrysler row had at least one Dakota with good seats in them.    As for brackets, I'm thinking of waiting to see what GrayWolf comes up with the brackets that him and a buddy may be making.  I'm out of MJ budget money for a few weeks anyhow, so I may have some time to toy with trying to fab something on my own.  I'd love to see a full write up on what others did with these seats.   

13 hours ago, RustyRodder said:

They are hard to find- went to 3 yards.  one had 2, but were stripped of anything good. The last one has one that was 100% complete, and scheduled to be crushed 2 days earlier.  Got my seats and console from that one. 

Getting rare out here too, even where rust isn't an issue.

But I did stumble across this gem a week ago. '87 Wagoneer Limited... 4x4, bucket seats, vent windows, chrome everywhwere.  She must have been quite the looker when new...

20180302_161313.jpg.05fa4ba0f537522fb0746f8b570ee083.jpg

20180302_161348.jpg.17ff7a564718caacc1f0ec2d13e8f541.jpg

Here's a pic.  Fabric is dirty, but it is in fine shape with no tears or burns.  I was trying to talk Pull-A-Part into charging me for a BENCH seat, but they counted it as two buckets and a "jumper" seat despite it all being bolted together.  All in all, it cost me 70-some bucks.  
seats.jpg.192f77eb3724fedc6c3bbc01bc229c00.jpg

The blue chime module is attached to your fuse block and chimes if you left your headlights on after shutting down the engine.  Suppose to be entirely plug and play.    Here's a pic of it.  Its the larger blue rectangular block to the left:
module.jpg.dc05ff1c7151b8e3ae01f1cc31a0ef6f.jpg

Like the seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you pay for seats and console? I'm trying to work a deal with a guy that has a 91xj for the buckets and console.