Seat Mounts: Dakota 40/20/40 to stock Comanche mounting holes

Soo...I need to figure out a way to mount my repop seat brackets to dakota Seats?

Looks like the top is wider to mount to the wider seat slider frames.

Is that 1" tube connecting front and rear brackets? What's the purpose? Why not seperate like factory MJ?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon,

Don't know about the Dakota seats -  BUT the Grand Cherokee Seat and 95+ Cherokee seats that bolt directly to the floor require a piece of flat stock or square tubing sitting on top of the Comanche seat bracket to "bridge" the distance between the new seat rails.  

Trying to say the 86-94 MJ/XJ seats bolt directly to the narrow Comanche seat brackets.  The bolts/rivets on the later seats are set very wide a part and require the flat stock/tube to attach to the  MJ seat brackets.

"ASSUME" Dakota seats have same construction.  

Have pictures at home.  Will send you them when I get home.  In mean time go back to GrayWolfs first post and see his pictures.

JJ

To attach the seat fore and aft adjustments to the MJ seat brackets.   Without those, the seat is stuck in one position.    Next time you are at a salvage yard - pull a seat from a Grand Cherokee to see how the slider mechanism works.  Or search here for one of Bo's very old posts about adapting Grand Cherokee seats to the MJ.

I have a spare set of Grand Cherokee seat rails at home, so can send pictures.  Likely Wednesday.

Okay, sorry to be off-line for so long, some medical, some Bob's not having time to make the brackets.  Good news! We pulled my seats today and he is in the process of making jigs to start building seat bracket sets.  He just finished a fantastic looking Chevy Cameo Pickup, and has some time to start building the brackets, and even thinks he has a way of building them that won't require welding to the Dakota sliders.  He's building the jig in these pictures and estimates he can make 5 or more a day.  I'm hoping there won't be any further delays.  I'm not needed for this part of it, but he often gets someone with a classic car that walks in and wants him to work on it, and they pay better than he would get from selling seat brackets.  I'll keep you informed.

I know we lost some of you, but let me know if you're still interested.

SeatJig1.jpg

SeatJig2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Still in. I just was quoted a ridiculous price to have my original 'winged buckets' reupholstered and I was Shocked at the cost. $375 per seat... that Nutz!

Aa oh, will these pedestals work for a manual trans Comanche?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Krusty, could you possibly make some to do what he's doing? I'd be interested in paying a little extra for the top face to be wider/longer with your seat brackets.
x2! I am not pleased with the bracket I cobbled together and would gladly pay for a quality bracket to install the Dakota bench.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, krustyballer16 said:

Why are they mounted on the 1" square tubing?
Why can't I just take my brackets and make the top face longer/wider so it reaches the seat slider rails and welds or bolts to them like I'm guessing the square tubing is.

1 hour ago, 87Warrior said:
1 hour ago, 87Chief said:
Krusty, could you possibly make some to do what he's doing? I'd be interested in paying a little extra for the top face to be wider/longer with your seat brackets.

x2! I am not pleased with the bracket I cobbled together and would gladly pay for a quality bracket to install the Dakota bench.

Think you could just extend some metal on each side? I believe he used 1" square tubing for the height.

10 hours ago, krustyballer16 said:

Someone needs to get me some WJ and dakota Seats to make these! Lol

If I lived closer I'd be willing to get you a set of each. Haha.

Zj and 95+ xj use the same seat base bolt pattern so you don't have to use a wj seat.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if GrayWolf is still having the brackets made. I just got the Dakota seat and was interested in purchasing them. Also will these brackets work stick. I noticed in the picture his is an automatic.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...