Jeremy's Radio Emporium: Old Radios for the Modern Era

2 hours ago, KoopaKid said:

Could you retrofit a radio with Bluetooth that would fit into a 1988 Comanche? I am super interested if you could do that, especially if it appeared stock from the outside.

@jdog is pretty much right on the money here. I would absolutely love to start adding Bluetooth to radios, and if legally selling them didn't cost tens of thousands of dollars I would start selling them tomorrow. But the reality is that it's just not economically viable. However, the aux input I provide works perfectly with any Bluetooth receiver that plugs into a 3.5mm stereo jack, and there are plenty of them that are very reasonably priced.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:26 AM, KoopaKid said:

Could you retrofit a radio with Bluetooth that would fit into a 1988 Comanche? I am super interested if you could do that, especially if it appeared stock from the outside.

I have one of his radios and plugged a bluetooth dongle into the AUX cord to give me wireless tunes :D  while I was at it I added a second USB adapter in the dash to charge my phone. 

26219942_2072444466104294_5520199083543276195_n.jpg

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, diegut said:

Hello Jeremy, I have a 91 Jeep Wrangler Sahara . I need the original radio, do you have it?

I want to be included in your waiting list
Thanks.

I've added your name to the list. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 12:09 PM, fiatslug87 said:

How long is your list now? I terms of time to receive product.

On 4/16/2021 at 3:06 PM, RustyRodder said:

I am also curious to that! (And I am sure I am number 2,342 lol)

I can't give a solid timeframe, lest I be crucified when I fail to meet it, but several months at least.

• 1 month later...

Waiting List Update: June 2021

Attention JRE Customers and Friends:

The waiting list will once again close for new orders on June 11. There are currently over 100 names on the list, and the list is growing more quickly than I can fill orders. In addition, my health has improved and I anticipate returning to my old job in July. While I consider it good news on the whole, it will slow down Radio Emporium-related activities again.

What does this mean?

If you would like to place your name on the list, you have until June 11. No further names will be accepted after that time.

If you have already gotten in touch with me in any way, no further action is required.

If we have discussed putting your name on the waiting list, no further action is required.

DIY Kits, Parts, and Wiring Harness Products are not subject to the waiting list and will not be affected by this change. You will still be able to place a new order for any of these items after June 12.

• 5 months later...
On 11/17/2021 at 3:47 PM, KoopaKid said:

Any chance you’ve opened up your books again? Got a hold of an AR-7753 and would like to upgrade it or see about swapping with you towards credit for an improved one.

No, sorry, I'll post here when and if I do.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Attention JRE Customers and Friends:

After more than four years and many ups and downs in my personal life and otherwise, I have decided that it is time to reduce the scope of the Radio Emporium. I will still maintain an electronics lab for some radio work and my own personal tinkering, but I have come to realize that I simply do not enjoy working on Jeep radios as much as I used to. As a result, the business side of Jeremy's Radio Emporium will be coming to an end for now.

From now on, expect Jeremy's Radio Emporium to exist as an informational resource for the Jeep community and nothing more. I will not shut down the website, and I will not remove the "contact" form on the website. I'm not going anywhere, and I will continue to answer questions and offer guidance as best I can.

If your name was on the waiting list, I cannot guarantee your place on it in the future. I will keep the list of names, just in case I decide to restart the business.

At this time, I have a significant stock of radios in various condition, radio parts, and radio literature. This includes digitized service manuals for some radios, mostly mid-1980s AMC. I have decided to make these manuals available upon request. There is a good chance that I will sell some of my inventory in its current state.

I have nothing but good things to say about my experience running a business for the Jeep community. I'm proud to call myself a member of the vintage Jeep community, and I am a firm believer that there is not a better group of individuals out there.

Since your no longer in the business, I've seen where you have instructions for your kits and how to install the parts from your kits.  Is there a way you could possibly point us the direction where to source parts to build our own DIY kits.  Also, you used to do a wonderful cleanup of the buttons and stuff on the radio.  A writeup on how to restore the front of the radio and make the face of your radio would be amazing!  As far as I know you're the only one with the knowledge on how to do this properly.