Jeremy's Radio Emporium: Old Radios for the Modern Era

@Minuit I have an AR-7650 from a 1987 AMC Eagle. Bought the car and had it exactly 6 days before the engine bay caught on fire. It's going through a full restoration right now...the only thing left is getting the radio functioning. Cosmetically, it is in excellent condition but works intermittently (mostly doesn't turn on). Any information you can provide on how I can get this fixed would be super appreciated. I filled out a contact form on your website a little while back but I guess you were already in process of shutting down. Sorry to hear that.

8 hours ago, bmoldt75 said:

@Minuit I have an AR-7650 from a 1987 AMC Eagle. Bought the car and had it exactly 6 days before the engine bay caught on fire. It's going through a full restoration right now...the only thing left is getting the radio functioning. Cosmetically, it is in excellent condition but works intermittently (mostly doesn't turn on). Any information you can provide on how I can get this fixed would be super appreciated. I filled out a contact form on your website a little while back but I guess you were already in process of shutting down. Sorry to hear that.

Hey, I’m an Eagle owner too! I have a build thread in the same spot Pete is talking about. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been meaning to write a review on the experience I had having Jeremy redo my RX-135. He was extremely communicative, always told me what was going to be done and making sure I was cool with it before he did it. Always up front about how effective a repair could or could not be, and what I should expect out of the radio. At the end of the day it was more expensive than slapping a Pioneer in the truck but 1000% worth the money for me to have the radio out of my grandads truck functional with an AUX input in my truck. Cannot recommend Jeremy's service enough.

PXL_20210103_200930480.jpg.ab751816a3bc0abb018f4bcff39d7b4c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/6/2022 at 9:05 AM, ExpatMJGuy said:

Since your no longer in the business, I've seen where you have instructions for your kits and how to install the parts from your kits.  Is there a way you could possibly point us the direction where to source parts to build our own DIY kits.  Also, you used to do a wonderful cleanup of the buttons and stuff on the radio.  A writeup on how to restore the front of the radio and make the face of your radio would be amazing!  As far as I know you're the only one with the knowledge on how to do this properly. 

anyone have info on kits or diy source for rx161 harness?

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2022 at 1:08 PM, pizzatree said:

Wiring plug from Jeep to Radio. Mine was cut to add an aftermarket. 

I wouldn’t mind adding an aid plug either though 

Nothing commercially available for 86 and 87, but can be made from Metri-Pack 150 unsealed parts. If you're willing to be patient, I might be able to make you one.

6 hours ago, Minuit said:

Nothing commercially available for 86 and 87, but can be made from Metri-Pack 150 unsealed parts. If you're willing to be patient, I might be able to make you one.

Thanks for checking  and I absolutely will wait!  I’d like to have it done the right way and I’m fine using my rigged Bluetooth speaker for a while.   Will PM you my info

• 3 weeks later...
Attention all JRE friends and customers:
As of today, all wiring harness adapters and Do-It-Yourself Kits, are now once again available for purchase for $50 shipped within the continental United States. The website will soon be updated with the new prices.
For other inquiries, such as purchasing a radio or having repairs done, please contact me via this page, the website, or my radio-emporium email address.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Attention all JRE friends and customers:

You can officially say that I've come out of retirement. I will now be offering the full range of products and services until further notice.

Please note that due to demand for my services, it may take time before I am able to complete your order. At the moment, things are moving along swiftly, but my available time is subject to change.

Additionally, I am no longer adhering to a waiting list - I will complete orders as it is practical for me to do so, not following a strict order. Therefore, if your order involves a particularly difficult request or particularly rare parts, it may take even longer than usual.

Additionally, the website has been updated with current pricing. Unfortunately, a ~25% increase in many of my supplies has caused prices to increase correspondingly. Thank you for understanding.

• 1 month later...

Hello JRE friends followers, and customers:

As some of you who are close to me may know, I recently accepted a job offer for a mechanical engineering position. Unfortunately, I predict I will not be able to continue the business once I start this job. Therefore, as of January 1st, Jeremy's Radio Emporium will cease to operate as a business. From that point, no new orders will be taken.

From this point (December 8) onward, I will not be able to offer warranties on products. All existing warranties will be fully supported until their end date, as will warranties on orders made before this writing.

In the near future, I will begin offering a variety of as-is radios and radio accessories. If you would like to purchase radios or radio parts in bulk, please let me know. If you would like access to schematics to perform DIY repairs or to repair the radios I service commercially, please let me know.

The website will remain up, with the commercial elements removed, as a resource to the Jeep community for the forseeable future.

This has been a rewarding journey full of excitement for me, and while I am very excited for the next phase of my life, I will always remember this business and the Jeep community fondly.

Thank you all so much.
- Jeremy

8 hours ago, Minuit said:

As some of you who are close to me may know, I recently accepted a job offer for a mechanical engineering position. Unfortunately, I predict I will not be able to continue the business once I start this job. Therefore, as of January 1st, Jeremy's Radio Emporium will cease to operate as a business. From that point, no new orders will be taken.

From this point (December 8) onward, I will not be able to offer warranties on products. All existing warranties will be fully supported until their end date, as will warranties on orders made before this writing.

In the near future, I will begin offering a variety of as-is radios and radio accessories. If you would like to purchase radios or radio parts in bulk, please let me know. If you would like access to schematics to perform DIY repairs or to repair the radios I service commercially, please let me know.

The website will remain up, with the commercial elements removed, as a resource to the Jeep community for the forseeable future.

This has been a rewarding journey full of excitement for me, and while I am very excited for the next phase of my life, I will always remember this business and the Jeep community fondly.

Thank you all so much.
- Jeremy

Thanks for all your help Jeremy! 

On 12/8/2022 at 3:04 PM, Minuit said:

Thank you all so much.
- Jeremy

Congratulations, and thank you for everyrthing, Jeremy!

If you have any ready to go radios left, I would happily take one off your hands