share your camping accomodations

Pete M

since my folks finally broke down and bought a camper, I figure I could start a camping thread.  technically I haven't spent a night in this one yet, but I'm sure I'll be borrowing it eventually.  :D

13872832_1415716941777053_84872528788726

and I've spelt many-a night in that green thing in front of it too. :D

and I managed to find a pic of the camo palace.  purchased half off of half off of half off of the sale price. :D  ugly, but served me well for almost 20 years now.  (seen here in the mountains of colorado).  spent many-a-night in that red thing behind it too.

I have this 36' toy hauler but i usually tent camp.

I'm actually currently living in the toy hauler,with me moving back to Oregon it has been nice having the trailer and not be too rushed into a house in the crappy housing market here.

If all goes well i should be closing on a house at the end of the month and i will be able to use the trailer for its intended purpose although i will still likely tent camp most of the time.

Holy cow, there is some serious money in this thread. I feel kind of embarrassed :)

I usually tent camp with a now 14 year old Cabelas dome tent. Times are changing so I've have to transition to compact and light weight. This is my ENO hammock set up, ready for anything.

I've actually since upgraded to a small lightweight dome tent my grandpa gave me. It takes up much less space in my backpack. Told me he got it for $5 at a garage sale. The stuff pictured was actually about ten times that, cause it involved a reasonable quality recovery strap.

I've been looking pretty hard at this thing the last little while. My parents got it not long before I was born, and growing up we dragged it all over the place. Lots of memories.

13320337_592384417605313_498149310901296

Unfortunately as kids grow up family road trips become few and far between, so that picture is the farthest it's gone in about 10 years, maybe a total of 200 feet while rearranging stuff after I picked up another XJ back in May. So it needs some work, but it's still a tidy little survivor of a unit. Dry place to sleep, propane fridge and stove, light enough to move around by hand... it would be nice to get it fixed up again, but that's another project on an increasingly long list.

found one!!!!  been hunting and hunting for a pic (and was even contemplating setting up the dang thing just to get one)  but here is my favorite home away from home. :D  I've been in that tent more than any other mobile accommodation (possibly combined).  not even sure how long I've had it (25 years?).  It was my first tent that was sleeveless and I can set it up in the absolute pitch black without a flashlight.  for a small tent it's a mansion for one, comfortable for 2, never tried 3.  Need to start thinking about its replacement though, as the rainfly is sorta falling apart from sun exposure. :(

Not me in the picture but that is the tent i used throughout Boy Scouts

1914421_1232597455589_2537843_n.jpg?oh=6

mom and dad have a 36' 5th wheel he bought for travle nursing, but we did take it on a couple family vacations and one Scouting trip (my mom and sister stayed in it). but they sold the F-250 so now the camper sits on jack stands but is still 100% usable.

222950_2000967504377_7046318_n.jpg?oh=3c

I don't seem to have any of my old pics from Boy Scouts, so i guess that covers my show and tell.

But I'm hoping to get out camping again this fall with Katelyn.  my grandfather has 40 acres in camden AL.... just need to clear out the overgrown road to the property....

Does anyone have the link to that Comanche camper conversion? I thought someone on here had it and sold it but I can't find it in the classifieds.

Edit: found it http://comancheclub.com/topic/36711-comanche-of-the-month-january-2013/?fromsearch=1

and http://comancheclub.com/topic/36044-the-campmanche/?hl=comanche%20camper

Also came across this in my searches http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28618936/gotomsg/28619008.cfm :doh:

We used to backpack all the time and had a tent small enough to carry on our back. Now that kids came along, we've upgraded a little to this...

Didn't get out as much as we wanted to this year, but we have a few more trips planned.